05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Ford Iup Shift Bezel Dramatic Price Increase!

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/08, 05:36 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,785 Likes on 2,062 Posts
Last one Just Listed on Ebay!

KC
Old 3/17/08, 03:30 PM

GONE GONE GONE!

Thanks for the Sales!

KC
Old 3/18/08, 07:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is my result! Also I have verified while installing mine that for those desiring to use just the satin aluminum rectangular ring on an automatic, the PRND321 bezel will fit perfectly inside of it with the boot material removed. I don't recall ever seeing pictures of just the bezel trim offered originally from Ford as part of the IUP upgrade for automatics... Just manual transmission models. But the IUP bezel certainly looks much better than the cheap than flat unsculpted featureless hard cornered design of the automatic surround plate.

I was tempted to remove the boot for mine and retain the PRND321 bezel but I just like the look of the boot installed too much to remove it. If I ever get tired of the boot I may change it up one day and remove it from the bezel and reinstall the PRND321 bezel.

The only modification I had to make was to remove the tension oring from the top of the boot hole and slit the stitched seam (and fold inward) just enough to allow the auto shift lever to pass through.

Last edited by watchdevil; 3/18/08 at 07:27 AM.
Old 3/18/08, 07:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
GONE GONE GONE!

Thanks for the Sales!

KC

You are welcome

I am just wondering how much money you have now cost me
As long as the Mrs does not figure it out, I am ok.
Old 3/18/08, 07:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was worth every penny for the upgrade. And I do thank Clevenger Parts for offering it at a great price. Knowing the anticipated demand, they could have kept the price way up if they wanted to. They are an excellent expediant seller and I am delighted to have done business with them...
Old 3/19/08, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by watchdevil
It was worth every penny for the upgrade. And I do thank Clevenger Parts for offering it at a great price. Knowing the anticipated demand, they could have kept the price way up if they wanted to. They are an excellent expediant seller and I am delighted to have done business with them...
+1

Has anyone here removed the stock "leather" boot and replaced it with a thicker real leather one using this bezel?? I was thinking about it, but I was afraid that due to the increased thickness it would keep the bezel from holding tight against the console
Old 3/20/08, 12:03 AM
V6 Member

I replaced the original boot with a leather boot. I carefully removed the original boot and made a template for the proper placement of holes that line up with the tabs that are under the bezel. I then transfered them to the leather boot that I had previously purchased. I did a dry fit to make sure all the holes and tabs lined up correctly and made any last minute adjustments. I then used gorilla glue to adhere the boot to the bezel making sure to line up the corners and tabs. I used about a dozen wooden clothes pins to hold the parts together overnight. Here's a pic of the finished project:

Old 3/20/08, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great! thanks
Old 3/20/08, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by watchdevil
You are Quite Welcome! I look for Opportunities to Provide a Quality Part at a Great Price Whenever I can! This Is a Prime Example. The BULLITT Steering wheel would be another.

KC