05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Floor Mat Selection

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/04, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silly kind of topic, but I had a brilliant idea that I posted up in the V6 section. Since very few folks really bother to read that section, I thought I'd make a general topic to see what folks thought.

What mats are you thinking of getting?

I have the CAP in my car and want something red. I really love the Cannon Deep channel English floor mats, but they only have black with red trim. It would look sharp, but I had a better idea.

I have a '66 coupe and have always loved the mats in that car. I happened to have a spare set of white ones laying around. They look a little something like this:

Well, I put them in just to get an idea on how much trimming it would take to make them fit and to see if it was even feasible. while the black and red interior with the white mats looked gross

I did get a good idea as to how they would look in the 05. With some trimming, I think they would really look sharp. PLUS, I can get them in red which is a huge plus. They are also rubber (no more carpet), and while they aren't deep channel mats that can hold gallons of water, there are 4 mats. That protects and trims out the back a little too (not that you can ever really even see the back LOL!).

Thoughts? :notnice:

I get the sensation that now that I've mentioned it (unless someone has already brought it up) that folks will dig the idea. I feel like it adds a little more classic appeal to the car. It would be VERY easy to get carried away with putting classic stang items on these cars! <SLAPS HAND> Leave it stock Phillip.... Leave it stock.
Old 12/28/04, 06:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by StangerX@December 28, 2004, 7:14 AM
Silly kind of topic, but I had a brilliant idea that I posted up in the V6 section. Since very few folks really bother to read that section, I thought I'd make a general topic to see what folks thought.

What mats are you thinking of getting?

I have the CAP in my car and want something red. I really love the Cannon Deep channel English floor mats, but they only have black with red trim. It would look sharp, but I had a better idea.

I have a '66 coupe and have always loved the mats in that car. I happened to have a spare set of white ones laying around. They look a little something like this:

Well, I put them in just to get an idea on how much trimming it would take to make them fit and to see if it was even feasible. while the black and red interior with the white mats looked gross

I did get a good idea as to how they would look in the 05. With some trimming, I think they would really look sharp. PLUS, I can get them in red which is a huge plus. They are also rubber (no more carpet), and while they aren't deep channel mats that can hold gallons of water, there are 4 mats. That protects and trims out the back a little too (not that you can ever really even see the back LOL!).

Thoughts? :notnice:

I get the sensation that now that I've mentioned it (unless someone has already brought it up) that folks will dig the idea. I feel like it adds a little more classic appeal to the car. It would be VERY easy to get carried away with putting classic stang items on these cars! <SLAPS HAND> Leave it stock Phillip.... Leave it stock.
Where's a pic of the black with red trim you describe ?? I'd be interested in those for the red interior .

Old 12/28/04, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well the original style Mustang mats are very heavy and would certainly protect the carpet after you get them to fit. I think that would be a good idea for those of us in the snow belt that will have to live and drive in that crap. Not sure I would like the look. Please post some pics if you decide to try this and good luck with it! B)
Old 12/28/04, 06:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Will Do. Oh, and BTW, the price on the full set of 4 mats is something around $40 - $50 depending on where you buy. Can't beat that price either!

As far as Pics of the car.... I've got some that I took, but the car is dirty. I suppose I could put them up just to show. Haven't been to anxious beause I want a good clean car for pics! I'll shoot them up none the less. Just give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Posted my pics and info in the photos section.

Old 12/28/04, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

I placed a set of those clear plastic all weather mats up front. The ones you can get at like WalMart. They allow the carpet color to show thru, but yet really protact your original mats and carpet. They actually look good, and offer lots of protection. Just my $0.02
Old 12/28/04, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

These made mine much faster!

The Boss Hog . . . . .
Old 12/28/04, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK Boss, where'd you get those? Me want
Old 12/28/04, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Boss Hog, those are nice ! B) Do you mind me asking where you got them ?
Old 12/28/04, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got them from that World-Class, High Performance, Specialty Racing Supply house know as DiscountAuto. You know, the yellow building down on main street

$26.95 . . . . . . . Best bang for the buck I ever saw!

The Boss Hog
Old 12/28/04, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Boss Hog,

those just standard mustang/ford racing floor mats or special for the 05?

Thanks

Sam
Old 12/28/04, 12:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by sams66@December 28, 2004, 10:37 AM
Boss Hog,

Thanks

Sam
My thoughts too.... Are these Ford Racing mats custom fit to the '05 Mustang??? If not, can you detail how the fit is? Thanks.....
Old 12/28/04, 02:07 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@December 28, 2004, 9:39 AM
These made mine much faster!

The Boss Hog . . . . .
WOW I bet with those you gained at least 10-15 HP and can now smoke those Tiburons.
Old 12/28/04, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Before Christmas, I ordered the vinyl mustang mats from the Ford accessories website. On a good note, they processed my order very fast, and shipped them in record time. I would give them an 'A' for how they handle orders. The mats however, were a dissapointment to me. They are heavy duty vinyl, all-weather mats. The problem was that they did not provide much coverage for the floor. The biggest problem was that they did not provide any coverage for the gas pedal foot. My foot was riding right on the carpet below. The other issue was that the large ribs would grab my clutch foot, making shifting awkward. I am sure that I could get used to it, but because of the coverage issue I sent them back. It is to bad, because they are really nice - with the molded pony in them. The other thing was that the set came with mats for the back seat. These were REALLY nice - they provided good coverage, fit well, and looked good. I almost wanted to keep the set just for the back ones.
Old 12/29/04, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup+December 28, 2004, 3:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Giddyup @ December 28, 2004, 3:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sams66@December 28, 2004, 10:37 AM
Boss Hog,

Thanks

Sam
My thoughts too.... Are these Ford Racing mats custom fit to the '05 Mustang??? If not, can you detail how the fit is? Thanks..... [/b][/quote]
They were not specifically designated as "'05 Mustang" but the fit is very good. The only thing I would have liked better is if the mat would have covered the dead-pedal more then is does. It comes with a plastic screw/clip setup that goes into the stock mat so it does not move. I have attached a picture (blurry) to try to give you an idea of how far up it goes.

The Boss Hog
Old 12/29/04, 11:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Boss! I just went and picked up a set - not bad for $26. Now if my car would just get here
Old 12/29/04, 12:36 PM
V6 Member

I also ordered the retro vinyl matts for my 05. I haven't yet put them in as I will be picking up my car tomorrow (wahoo!!). I will wanted the heavier duty myself as the matts I had in my 04 didn't cover the entire area. I didn't care for that aspect.

Have to see on the fit, but I like the old style for practicality. The racing matts look really nice. I might have considered if I saw those sooner, oh well!

Tigger05
Old 1/9/05, 04:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks again for the pic of your mats there Boss! And for anyone who can get these and also has the ICAP, here's how they look:
Old 1/9/05, 04:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here's a shot of mine that i opened a topic on....a few others have ordered since and been pleased...nice quality and embroidered.....enjoy!
Old 1/9/05, 04:41 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by MTAS@January 9, 2005, 7:10 PM
Thanks again for the pic of your mats there Boss! And for anyone who can get these and also has the ICAP, here's how they look:
Those look great
Old 1/9/05, 05:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Lotta nice looking mats. I'm big on durability and someone has previously posted a black Weathertech with red trim which I think would look ok with the ICAP. Somewhat high $$$$$$ wise