05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Door speaker wire color codes for 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/08, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door speaker wire color codes for 05 GT

I just bought two small, high output tweeters on eBay to add to my 05 GT. I have a spot high on the A pillar picked out to mount them, but I need to know where the speaker wires that go to the door speakers are located. By that, I mean where is a good spot in the harness on each side to splice into the wires. Too many wire bundles to know which one is correct. Also, what are the color codes for the positive and negative leads to the right and left speaker wires. I guess this will be four different color combinations. Can anyone help? Maybe a wiring diagram or some pics from a current or previous project? They sound good when I plug them into my home system, and I can't wait to see how they sound in the car. Any assistance is appreciated.
Old 5/12/08, 04:46 PM

They have a built-in crossover in each speaker.
Old 5/14/08, 11:17 AM

For future reference, here is what I discovered. The door speaker wires are exposed on the driver's side outside kick panel in a large gray/black connector. Colors are orange w/ light green stripe for positive (+) and light blue with white stripe for negative (-). The passenger side wires can be accessed from the wire bundle running along the bottom of the glove box. The colors are dark green with orange stripe for positive (+) and white with light green stripe for negative(-). They are twist wrapped together. The speakers sound GREAT! Best $15 I spent on eBay for my sound system.