05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Door panel/sub enclosure enhancement ?

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/06, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door panel/sub enclosure enhancement ?

Two questions for you guys that have done it:

1) Sound deadening - I've seen pictures here of those who have applied the sound deadening to the back of the door panel, and others who have applied the sound deadening to the door. Which is better/best?

2) I thought I read awhile back somone here beefed up the sub enclosure by inserting dowels into the enclosure? (Did you know that there's also a piece of poly-fil stuffed halfway into the enclosure? Toss it?) I was also thinking about adding some layers of fiberglass to the outside of the enclosure to stiffen it up. Would the resin melt the plastic?

Short of buying a nice aftermarket sub box for the trunk (later - maybe for Christmas) what can I do in the meantime to improve the factory sub enclosures?
Old 7/13/06, 03:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When my replacement subs finally get here, I'll have 2 layers of eDead V1se2 on the outside of the enclosure, plus one on the inside. On top of that, a few coats of the liquid for good measure. The thing is already good and stiff, so bracing is not necessary, but it won't hurt anything. The main thing is to seal up the hole left in the back really well, and I can think of a blue million ways to do it. So, for your questions:

1. Both.
2. Leave the stuffing in. As an MOF, I'll be adding an additional half pound of Polyfill when I get off my lazy *** a finish my multiple projects (too ****ed hot right now).