05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Custom Leather shift boot-with pony ball

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/05, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

even more pics:

RedlineGoods.com - Mustang 05 product page!

Questions? Comments?

Maciek
Old 4/18/05, 01:53 PM
FR500 Member

Good looking stuff!
Old 4/18/05, 11:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi guys,

I'm very anxious to get somebody to order the charcoal leather set from us. I'm sure it will match the seats very well. Also I'm looking for people willing to order red leather.

For all orders of all 3 items in charcoal and red that I get pictures of, I will be giving 30% reimbursements when I receive the pictures (all I need is for them to be decent enough to post on my website).

Meanwhile, here's a 10% discount code for EVERYONE. It's valid for 5 days from Midnight today and all you need to do is copy and paste it into our order form to get 10% immediately:

XD3SE5P3272

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 4/19/05, 01:09 PM
FR500 Member

I'd definitely get the e-brake and shifter boots if you made one for the auto tranny now. I doubt you'll have one for the auto in 5 days, huh?
Old 4/19/05, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 19, 2005, 8:12 PM
I'd definitely get the e-brake and shifter boots if you made one for the auto tranny now. I doubt you'll have one for the auto in 5 days, huh?
Hi,

no, I don't think it's possible in such a short timeframe... I'm still hoping somebody will come up with info on how to dismantle the ATX center console, which I believe is a prerogative to designing a reasonable shift boot.

Maciek
Old 4/19/05, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

Well for sure, someone has had the Autpo tranny handle off. There is a single screen holdilng it on.

Here is the link to see : http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=13823&hl=

It was Kevin, maybe he can help us out

-Bryan
Old 4/19/05, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@April 19, 2005, 11:44 PM
Well for sure, someone has had the Autpo tranny handle off. There is a single screen holdilng it on. Here is the link to see : http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=13823&hl=

It was Kevin, maybe he can help us out
Great tip. Thank you. I already PMed him, hopefully he'll know how to remove the whole gear panel also.
Old 4/19/05, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I placed my order tonight. They look great in the pictures. Can't wait to see them on my car.

-Ken
Old 4/19/05, 07:42 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Hi There!

Sorry It took so long for the detailed Pictures, I caught the post on the way out the door from work. Had to eat first forgot my lunch today! Anyway is this helpful? If need be! I can possibly loan you a Shifter Assembly & Auto Console top.

kc

[attachmentid=18454][attachmentid=18456][attachmentid=18457]
[attachmentid=18458][attachmentid=18460][attachmentid=18461]
[attachmentid=18462][attachmentid=18463][attachmentid=18464]
[attachmentid=18465][attachmentid=18472]
Old 4/19/05, 08:24 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks a lot Kevin for posting those pics and offering to help with this. Now maybe we can get an auto shift boot afterall.
Old 4/20/05, 12:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05stangkc@April 20, 2005, 2:45 AM
Hi There!

Sorry It took so long for the detailed Pictures, I caught the post on the way out the door from work. Had to eat first forgot my lunch today! Anyway is this helpful? If need be! I can possibly loan you a Shifter Assembly & Auto Console top.
THANKS!! That's precisely what I needed!

So it's even better than I thought! You can remove the frame without removing the rest, perfect!

Having looked at that frame I'd say you just pried it up gently and it pulled off, right? Those protrustions don't look like mounting clips but like retainers, kind of, that it can't be pulled off too easily - but it is pulled off, easy or not, right?

Now, ideas, ideas - should the boot cover that frame or go below it? I think over it since the fit between the frame and the gear indicator is tight. If the boot went over the frame, the frame would just rest on the boot instead of directly on the center console - I need to know how you removed to understand if it would still be possible to remove it again? Ie. how exactly and where did you pry and pull it to remove it? If you just slit a flat small screwdriver between the frame and the center console and pried it up a little that way, that would be perfect!

If you have the boot there already and it has a top opening equal to the size of the shift lever which has been removed for the install, would it be possible to still remove the lever? I believe so, but I don't know how high up on the lever is the screw that needs to be removed?

We're almost there with the ATX shift boot...

Maciek
Old 4/20/05, 07:15 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Look at top center picture for Screw!

kc
Old 4/20/05, 07:17 AM
Cobra Member

I am stoked!!! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I am all ready to buy all 3 once you have the Auto leather.

-Bryan
Old 4/20/05, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05stangkc@April 20, 2005, 2:18 PM
Look at top center picture for Screw!
Got it! No problems there then.

The last thing to decide now I believe is whether the boot should go over the bezel or under it. I think under would be better, but I don't think it's possible (tight fit between bezel and gear panel).

Could you reread my previous post and comment?

Thank you in advance,
Maciek
Old 4/20/05, 07:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by RedlineGoods@April 18, 2005, 11:31 PM
Hi guys,

I'm very anxious to get somebody to order the charcoal leather set from us. I'm sure it will match the seats very well. Also I'm looking for people willing to order red leather.

For all orders of all 3 items in charcoal and red that I get pictures of, I will be giving 30% reimbursements when I receive the pictures (all I need is for them to be decent enough to post on my website).

Meanwhile, here's a 10% discount code for EVERYONE. It's valid for 5 days from Midnight today and all you need to do is copy and paste it into our order form to get 10% immediately:

XD3SE5P3272

Thank you!
Maciek
Maciek, is this Black or Charcoal leather that you used for XG14's installation ?? BTW, I'm the one who e-mailed you over the weekend about the '99-04 Mustang Dark-Charcoal color. I would like to think Ford caried over the basic Dark-Charcoal interior color from '04 to '05, but that would be assuming too much !! On your web site you mention a full set of color samples as being available. I'm not interested in ALL the colors ... just the black & charcoal. If you'd be willing to send me samples of just these two colors, let me know.

Thanks,

Doug
Old 4/20/05, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by orange3.9stang@April 20, 2005, 2:54 PM
Maciek, is this Black or Charcoal leather that you used for XG14's installation ?? BTW, I'm the one who e-mailed you over the weekend about the '99-04 Mustang Dark-Charcoal color. I would like to think Ford caried over the basic Dark-Charcoal interior color from '04 to '05, but that would be assuming too much !! On your web site you mention a full set of color samples as being available. I'm not interested in ALL the colors ... just the black & charcoal. If you'd be willing to send me samples of just these two colors, let me know.
XG's car has BLACK leather. Charcoal is just a bit lighter than that... With little lighting you can confuse the two, in direct sunlight the difference is definitely there.

Here's a comparison pic of our different grays, the little circle in the bottom being the black leather:

I should have a black/red set photographed vs a black one tomorrow!

Maciek
Old 4/20/05, 08:24 AM
Cobra Member

maciek~ PM'ed you
Old 4/20/05, 08:39 AM
FR500 Member

Maciek... just offering my opinion here... but I think the leather boot should wrap around the plastic flange. I just went out to my car and took the plastic piece off, and when I put it back on the clips start to engage into the slots with about a quater of inch of space left before the flange contacts down with the console. So, if you could make the leather that wraps around an eight of an inch thick or less, you should be fine. The clips will grab enough to keep the flange down... unless you actually pull up on the boot.
Old 4/20/05, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 20, 2005, 3:42 PM
Maciek... just offering my opinion here... but I think the leather boot should wrap around the plastic flange. I just went out to my car and took the plastic piece off, and when I put it back on the clips start to engage into the slots with about a quater of inch of space left before the flange contacts down with the console. So, if you could make the leather that wraps around an eight of an inch thick or less, you should be fine. The clips will grab enough to keep the flange down... unless you actually pull up on the boot.
Hi,

that's what I thought. It's a con for those with the IUP and the silver bezel, but at the same time a pro for those without it. Thanks for checking, that's exactly what I needed to know.

How did you take it off? Did you just pull it or did you have to pry it up first?

Since you've been so helpful with all my threads, I'd like to give you the first buyer rights for the following deal: lend me your frame and I'll give you a free ATX shift boot, the first one I'll ever make.

If interested, email me at info@redlinegoods.com

Thanks!
Maciek
Old 4/20/05, 08:49 AM
Cobra Member

Awsome. If you don't do it , acadian, I will help out. Otherwise I will wait and cross my fingers.

-Bryan

Quick Reply: Custom Leather shift boot-with pony ball