05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Custom Leather shift boot-with pony ball

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/05 | 03:06 PM
GT Member

That armrest looks great!
Old 4/11/05 | 03:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RedlineGoods@April 11, 2005, 2:23 PM
Hi guys,

couple of teaser pics. This is the ebrake boot. The pics KIND OF show how nicely it fits around the mounting piece (which I'm sure is familiar), but it's hard to take those photos and hold the boot down with just two hands (actually my fiancee's, I was busy preparing Harry's package when she was taking these)... I have a good feeling about this, it looks like it's going to be awesome. I know the fit is DEAD-ON. Notice also the velcro around the top opening - will make for very nice adjustment if you get a aftermarket ebrake handle!

Also, this is Harry's armrest cover. Now wrapped in LEATHER! Sorry about the funky lighting in the pics, it's my home desk with artificial light at 10pm, I forgot to photo the armrest when I was doing the photos of the ebrake boot.

The armrest is a simple, DYI install - as you can see it's just wrapped around the lid and secured from the bottom with flat elastic. The cool thing is that it doesn't interfere at all with the latch mechanism (which is not easy to do with armrests on some cars, thank the Mustang team for making this armrest the way they did!).

The UPS man comes tomorrow to pick it up, Harry. I'm not going to risk your pieces with the postal system.

Thank you!
Maciek

:worship: Awesome job Redline !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4/11/05 | 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

SWEET! I just added those three things to my "To Do" list. Thanks Maciek, you get a couple nanners for that!
Old 4/11/05 | 10:22 PM
Cobra Member

Very nice. I think I see a few more additions to my car's interior. As time and money allow. Good job guys!
Old 4/12/05 | 08:23 AM
Cobra Member

Redline... Please post pricing on these items and availability as soon as you can. It sounds like you've got a few potential customers.
Old 4/12/05 | 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Martimus@April 12, 2005, 3:26 PM
Redline... Please post pricing on these items and availability as soon as you can. It sounds like you've got a few potential customers.
Hi,

I've just finished uploading our website. The prices and pics are there. However, I'd recommend giving it another week or so until XG14 shows the pics of the items installed in his car - we'll know then if the ebrake boot is perfect already or needs some tweaking still. The armrest I'm sure is good to go as it is now, we've never needed to change an armrest cover before.

Availability? Well, all items are made to order and shipped within 3 business days.

The prices for the 05's are slightly higher on the ebrake boot and armrest than the 94-04 before they need a lot more leather than respective items for older models.

Best regards,
Maciek
Old 4/12/05 | 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

Cool! Thanks... now I guess I wait to see the pictures of the e-brake boot installed. And once I see that I get to decide whether your charcoal or black leathers comes closest to matching the stock boot and interior of my 'stang! Ahh... decisions... decisions...
Old 4/12/05 | 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Martimus@April 12, 2005, 8:38 AM
Cool! Thanks... now I guess I wait to see the pictures of the e-brake boot installed. And once I see that I get to decide whether your charcoal or black leathers comes closest to matching the stock boot and interior of my 'stang! Ahh... decisions... decisions...
Same here, I want to see the pic's of the installed product. Looks great in the pic's though
Old 4/13/05 | 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

Maciek - I like the Parking brake cover and the armrest cover - what's your price on those and I'm planning on keeping my stock shift boot and was wondering if the brake and armrest cover will be the same color as the stock shift boot? I have the dark charcoal leather interior (well front bucket seating surfaces at least!!)

thx
Old 4/13/05 | 04:25 PM
GT Member

what would be the appropriate color leather for the boots to go along with the dark leather - - charcoal gray mustang interior?

black or charcoal?
Old 4/13/05 | 11:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@April 13, 2005, 10:41 PM
Maciek - I like the Parking brake cover and the armrest cover - what's your price on those and I'm planning on keeping my stock shift boot and was wondering if the brake and armrest cover will be the same color as the stock shift boot? I have the dark charcoal leather interior (well front bucket seating surfaces at least!!)
Guys,

we are a pretty fair company, we don't care if a car is a $40+ brand-spaking new highlight of automotive technology (like the Stang) or a 10 year old Civic worth roughly what is costs you to get a decent coffee from the Starbucks in the hallway of your office building.

However, the 05 requires more material on the ebrake and the armrest than any car before, so the cost of these items is roughly $10 more than we charge usually.

The prices are:

Both boots & armrest cover (SAVE $30) $120
Both boots (SAVE $20) $70
Shift boot & armrest cover (SAVE $20) $80
Shift boot ONLY $40
Ebrake boot & armrest cover (SAVE $20) $90
Ebrake boot ONLY $50
Armrest cover ONLY $60

More info here: http://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang05product.shtm

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 4/13/05 | 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by lwing18@April 13, 2005, 11:28 PM
what would be the appropriate color leather for the boots to go along with the dark leather - - charcoal gray mustang interior? black or charcoal?
Could someone post a pic of that interior? In general I think it would be charcoal (it's absolutely awesome, the color and that leather), but I'd like to make sure.

I'm hoping Harry's kit gets to him by the weekend so we can see some photos during the weekend already!

Maciek
Old 4/14/05 | 05:19 AM
Cobra Member

I'll be keeping an eye on this one, I like the idea of wrapping the armrest in leather and putting a boot on the parking brake. It'll look much better that way.
Old 4/14/05 | 06:38 AM
Big Falken Tires

WHoa - cool!
Just dicovered this thread today.... think you might have another customer here at east for ONE item - lemme check out your site and check the finances.

(right on the verge of buying new wheels and tires so I gotta watch the $$)
Old 4/15/05 | 12:30 PM
FR500 Member

Maciek... great products and prices. How long before you have a shift boot for the auto tranny? And will that be the same price as the one for the manual? I will be ordering a shift boot AS SOON as you have the design set in stone and know it fits.

Edit: And I will definitely be getting an e-brake boot then as well. That's a must.
Old 4/16/05 | 12:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 15, 2005, 7:33 PM
Maciek... great products and prices. How long before you have a shift boot for the auto tranny? And will that be the same price as the one for the manual? I will be ordering a shift boot AS SOON as you have the design set in stone and know it fits.
Hi,

I'd LOVE to make the automatic shift boot available, I need somebody to help me out though. If I can see a picture of the automatic center console, I'd know how to make the boot... Anybody?

Also, still looking forward to somebody posting a pic of the charcoal interiors!

Thanks much,
Maciek
Old 4/16/05 | 09:52 PM
FR500 Member

Maciek... here is a pic of the auto shifter. The shifter arm is boxy, and rectangular. And it doesn't appear that you can take the handle off to slip a boot on, so it may have to be made to be velcroed on.
Old 4/16/05 | 11:19 PM
Cobra R Member

I like what I see so have ordered. Padded armrest cover. I was wishing for this just yesterday.
Old 4/17/05 | 02:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 17, 2005, 4:55 AM
Maciek... here is a pic of the auto shifter. The shifter arm is boxy, and rectangular. And it doesn't appear that you can take the handle off to slip a boot on, so it may have to be made to be velcroed on.
OK - it seems like the base of the pooer is the same dimensions (which is normal). What we need to find out now is how to remove the whole assembly, on the manual it just pops off if you press along the sides... This looks really buff and I'm not sure how it could be removed...

Also the handle is very wide, those two grabs on the sides are also bulky... The slit with the velcro would have to be large, I'm not even sure if the lever is long enough to allow enough of a slit to allow for making past those grabs...

I'm sure it's removable somehow. Anybody?

Maciek
Old 4/17/05 | 03:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey everyone,

just as I hoped, Harry got his pieces on Saturday and here are the pics of them in his ride!! Click the link above the pics to go proceed to our website, where you can order in 2 mouse clicks.

RedlineGoods.com - Mustang 05 product page!

The installation instructions have been updated with the new products as well: http://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang05install.shtm

Thank you!
Maciek

Quick Reply: Custom Leather shift boot-with pony ball