05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Custom Leather shift boot-with pony ball

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/05 | 09:03 PM
V6 Member

I just installed new leather shift boot from Redline Goods.
They used my stock boot as a template.
Highly recomend them. :worship: [attachmentid=16344][attachmentid=16345]
There are more of my installation pictures on their web site

http://www.redlinegoods.com

I think it's a neat upgrade and looks good with the pony shift ball from MTR.
Old 3/31/05 | 03:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi everyone,

I'm the guy behind these, my name is Maciek, I'm with http://www.redlinegoods.com where we make leather products for a variety of cars, now also featuring all mustangs since the Fox!

I'd like to add to the post above that we have 16 colors of leather and 20+ colors of thread available (here's our color chart: http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm), the price of each boot is $40, and here's a 10% discount code, valid for 5 days from midnight today, that will give you an instant rebate on your order: C35B3K21KN5.

If you'd like to find out more information or even maybe order a boot, please visit this page: http://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang05product.shtm

I've tried contacting the admin of this forum to purchase advertising, but to no avail. Anybody know how to get in touch with them?

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 3/31/05 | 04:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by XG14@March 30, 2005, 11:06 PM

Looks great! What's the diameter of that shift ****?
Old 3/31/05 | 05:18 AM
Cobra Member

Hey RedlineGoods, I would be intrested in purchasing one - for the auto tranny shifter. You think you can come up with one ?

BTW here is the link to the PDF for ads: http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/Advertising.pdf

-Bryan
Old 3/31/05 | 07:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by MTAS+March 31, 2005, 5:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTAS @ March 31, 2005, 5:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-XG14@March 30, 2005, 11:06 PM

Looks great! What's the diameter of that shift ****?
[/b][/quote]

Hi Dave
My shift ball is 2" also available in 2 1/4"
http://mrt-direct.com
Old 3/31/05 | 08:44 AM
GT Member

Saw mention about a boot for the E-Brake, do you have any more information about that?
Old 3/31/05 | 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, the auto tranny shifter needs one too. It'd be tight but most of the high end Europeans have them (my Volvo for one).

Let us know if you think you can do an auto.
Old 3/31/05 | 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 31, 2005, 1:21 PM
Hey RedlineGoods, I would be intrested in purchasing one - for the auto tranny shifter. You think you can come up with one ?

BTW here is the link to the PDF for ads: http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/Advertising.pdf

-Bryan
Hi,

does the 05 have a ATX shift boot as well? If it does, we sure can make it, we just need somebody to send in their ATX boot for us to use as a template, just as XG14 did with his manual one. A free leather replacement can be had if you get us the template first, then make some pictures and install info (just like XG14).

I'd love to design an ebrake boot for your car as well, I'll be looking into this. So far we don't have one.

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 3/31/05 | 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

NO, it is does not have one. BUT if the hole (on top) was wide engouh, we could mount it and have it just under the shifter ****.

I am also intrested in the E-brake as well. Too bad you are not in Houston.

-Bryan
Old 3/31/05 | 03:11 PM
Cobra Member

I would be more than happy to pay you for a prototype auto boot. Basically, I think it you take the boot you have already made and widen the top most hole to the width (minus a slight bit) of the shifter itself, it should work. If you are willing to do this, let me know. I am ready to try.

I however, don't have my car at the moment, but I am sure someone can measure the circumference of the auto tranny shifter for us.

-Bryan
Old 3/31/05 | 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Coolness! I hope you'll get an e-brake cover made soon, that thing is not attractive. I was thinking of pulling out my shift boot and replacing the thread to match my cars interior but now I won't bother, I'll just buy one from you! Thanks RedlineGoods, and Joe for posting this!
Old 3/31/05 | 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

question of the day!

does it have the clip rail built in like the oe shift boot?

if not how is it retained to the console?
Old 3/31/05 | 06:26 PM
V6 Member

[attachmentid=16441]
Originally posted by O5GT@March 31, 2005, 5:41 PM
question of the day!

does it have the clip rail built in like the oe shift boot?

if not how is it retained to the console?

Just to clear this up. What Redline is selling is a cut Italian leather boot which the customer will then mount onto the stock clip rail boot frame. Installation "How To"
is on their Web site.

Also my connection with Redline is that I'm a customer.
Since I was the first to get the 05 boot I was asked write a "How To" and take some pictures of the installation.
attached is 1 of the 5 pictures on the Redline web site showing what mine looked like during the installation.

Cheers
Old 4/1/05 | 12:13 PM

do they come any larger?.....I want one just shy of a tennis ball...
Old 4/1/05 | 01:44 PM
FR500 Member

I am also interested in a leather boot for the auto tranny. The auto shifter is actually rectangular. Is it still possible to make one? If so, I'll go take some measurements.
Old 4/5/05 | 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@March 31, 2005, 11:53 PM
Coolness! I hope you'll get an e-brake cover made soon, that thing is not attractive. I was thinking of pulling out my shift boot and replacing the thread to match my cars interior but now I won't bother, I'll just buy one from you! Thanks RedlineGoods, and Joe for posting this!
Guys,

I just got Harry's shipment today - WE WILL BE MAKING BOTH THE EBRAKE BOOT AND A LEATHER ARMREST COVERS FOR THE 05 WITHIN A WEEK!!!

TooT TooT!!

Maciek
Old 4/5/05 | 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@March 31, 2005, 11:14 PM
I would be more than happy to pay you for a prototype auto boot. Basically, I think it you take the boot you have already made and widen the top most hole to the width (minus a slight bit) of the shifter itself, it should work. If you are willing to do this, let me know. I am ready to try.

I however, don't have my car at the moment, but I am sure someone can measure the circumference of the auto tranny shifter for us.
Hi,

OK, if you can get me the measurement of the top opening that is necessary and order a shift boot, I'll make it with the bigger opening and you can test it out. Of course if it needs further fixes, we'll do them for free. If you then get me the install info updates for the A/T (if needed) and some pix, I'll give you all your money back. Same deal as Harry did.

Please email me at maciek@redlinegoods.com to set it up.

Maciek
Old 4/5/05 | 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

Perfect. I will be ready to order I will also order a Auto Shifter Boot if you guys decide to make on.

-Bryan
Old 4/5/05 | 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

My Stang is still in the paint shop so it will not be until tomorrow afternoon until I can get that for you.

-Bryan
Old 4/11/05 | 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi guys,

couple of teaser pics. This is the ebrake boot. The pics KIND OF show how nicely it fits around the mounting piece (which I'm sure is familiar), but it's hard to take those photos and hold the boot down with just two hands (actually my fiancee's, I was busy preparing Harry's package when she was taking these)... I have a good feeling about this, it looks like it's going to be awesome. I know the fit is DEAD-ON. Notice also the velcro around the top opening - will make for very nice adjustment if you get a aftermarket ebrake handle!

Also, this is Harry's armrest cover. Now wrapped in LEATHER! Sorry about the funky lighting in the pics, it's my home desk with artificial light at 10pm, I forgot to photo the armrest when I was doing the photos of the ebrake boot.

The armrest is a simple, DYI install - as you can see it's just wrapped around the lid and secured from the bottom with flat elastic. The cool thing is that it doesn't interfere at all with the latch mechanism (which is not easy to do with armrests on some cars, thank the Mustang team for making this armrest the way they did!).

The UPS man comes tomorrow to pick it up, Harry. I'm not going to risk your pieces with the postal system.

Thank you!
Maciek

Quick Reply: Custom Leather shift boot-with pony ball