05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Can't decide between Sirius or XM? No more need to choose, they are merging.

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/07, 02:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't decide between Sirius or XM? No more need to choose, they are merging.

http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDe...cat=&newsroom=

Sirius and XM formally announced today that they plan to merge the two companies. Pending all the legal stuff, the merger should close by the end of 2007. So it looks like on the future Mustangs, there will just be a satellite radio option.

They haven't announced how existing equipment will work after the merger. Both companies use the same frequency range to broadcast, but different encoding methods for the digital signal. The FCC had already told both companies to work towards a player that could receive either service, so that groundwork will likely be used going forward.
Old 2/19/07, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Very interesting! Now, we have to wait and see how they roll out the next producr.
Old 2/20/07, 11:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Did you also see they will be coming out with rear seat video. If I were you I would get sirius and buy the 500 lifetime membership, as they get bigger and bigger and offer more stuff I am sure this membership will pay off. After all its paid for in about 3 years anyway. If you like yours, I love mine. I knew they would add video at some point. Just natural progression of things. Sirius Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

"
February 19, 2007
To: SIRIUS Subscribers
Today is a very exciting day for SIRIUS customers. As you may have heard, SIRIUS Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio are merging to form the nation's premier audio entertainment provider.
This combination of our two offerings will benefit you - our loyal listeners. As a single company, we'll provide superior programming to you every day with the best of both SIRIUS and XM. Currently, XM and SIRIUS broadcast a wide range of commercial-free music channels, exclusive sports coverage, news, talk, and entertainment programming. Howard Stern. Oprah and Friends. The NFL. MLB. NBA. ESPN. CNBC. Fox News. Additionally, the combined company will be able to improve existing services such as real-time traffic information and rear-seat video as well as introduce new ones.
After shareholder and regulatory approvals, we anticipate that the combination will be finalized by the end of 2007. Until then, both companies will continue to operate independently. We will continue to provide you with the uninterrupted service - as well as the outstanding customer support - that you have come to expect and enjoy from SIRIUS. We do not anticipate any changes in your service during the merger process, however, please call our customer care team on 1- 888-539-7474 should you have any questions.
We look forward to the many benefits this combination will offer and continuing to make your listening experience an enjoyable one - offering more of the Very Best Radio on Radio.
Stay tuned,
Mel Karmazin, CEO"
Old 2/20/07, 11:24 AM
GT Member

As long as i get my O and A XM 202