05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Can someone tell me what radio this is?

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/16, 11:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone tell me what radio this is?

So if this was a stock option I'm going to be pretty embarrassed, but can someone look at this picture and tell me what unit it is? I've looked quite a bit and I have found examples that look very similar but a few buttons are in the wrong place, or the wrong button overall. On startup, it says FORD, but as far as I know the radios were all normal, not touch screen radios.

If someone happens to be bored or just want to help and you manage to find it, could you please give me the link to it's capabilities? I don't really understand why, but despite this having a "phone" button, it has no blutooth. I'd like to find out if there is just something I'm missing because as of now I'm using an FM blutooth transmitter and I really don't like it much. I'd also like to know if it is capable of a rear back up camera setup. I don't want to just take it out of the dash and since I don't know the brand or anything I don't have any details page to go by.

Lastly, if this unit isn't what I'm looking for, could someone recommend a decent double din system? I love the Raxiom one but I don't want to spend $750. This is an 06 Mustang GT Premium. Also, I apologize for the photo being sideways. I don't know why it came out like that once it was uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails Can someone tell me what radio this is?-img_2557.jpg  
Old 12/8/16, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From looking at the picture it is a ford navigation radio. Also because it has the chrome radio buttons it is a 2008 to 2009 model. The best thing to do is pull the radio and copy the numbers. It was a popular switch from the 500 and the 1000 radio from ford.
Check for radio mods in the search mode and you will find that this radio can be modified to do most upgrades.
Good Luck.
Old 12/8/16, 06:15 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for your reply man. I'll look into it. I never considered the possibility of it being a swap from a later model haha
Old 12/13/16, 07:53 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
that looks like my unit.
If you care to read this thread might help you:
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...o-mods-528705/

That is a Ford Navigation Unit. It doesn't generally come with the Mustang. I had to get mine from a 2008 Ford Taurus. These units do have steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, SYNC and have touch screens. They are capable of a rear camera but need to be reprogrammed to turn the feature on.
Its discussed in the thread I linked.

FYI - The picture is sideways because its like that on your phone. If you rotate it on your phone then upload it, it would come out correct.

Myself, akdoggie or Data174 can help you out if you have questions as we all worked on getting this unit to work with our cars.
Part numbers for the OEM factory navigation: 8G1T-18K931-GA, 8G1T-18K931-HA, 8F9T-18K931-EA, G1T-18K931-EA.
Old 12/14/16, 10:52 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for all the information VGM! I'll definitely read the thread you linked.
The following users liked this post:
VGMStudios (12/15/16)
Old 12/15/16, 08:33 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Left Lane Muscle
Thanks for all the information VGM! I'll definitely read the thread you linked.
You're most welcome. If I can help you out, give me a shout!