05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Bullitt steering wheel installed

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/08, 07:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
I didn't post the price out of respect for Kevin. His prices aren't published publicly, but I will tell you that if you contact him his price is MUCH better than the price noted above. Ask him for his hotsheets or check his eBay auctions.
Old 1/8/08, 08:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garyb900
I didn't post the price out of respect for Kevin. His prices aren't published publicly, but I will tell you that if you contact him his price is MUCH better than the price noted above. Ask him for his hotsheets or check his eBay auctions.
I saw the price a few weeks ago, and was quite surprised considering that it's just a black-stitched GT500 wheel and will have a limited production like the shelbys.

I'm thinking that the good price won't last long, as has been the case with quite a few things from ford recently with regard to "special edition" pieces
Old 1/8/08, 08:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont the forum rules say that if your gonna sell you have to put it all in here clearly???

i dont see a problem with him posting it in here.
Old 1/8/08, 09:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
KC didn't start this thread, but PM him if your dying to know. It is up to him if he wants his prices on the forum or not, so I will respect that too - but e-mail him, it is a good price!

Cheers
Old 1/9/08, 05:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

This was not a "for sale" thread. I started this thread just to show a mod I did, not to sell anything that's why I did not put a price in my original post. It is not Kevin's thread. He has asked that his prices not be put out on the web. I respect Kevin as he is a great guy and has helped many members here. He sells to us a good prices and I don't want to mess that up for anyone. As stated, if you want to know his price just email or call him. He'll be more than happy to tell you. For Parts Pricing simply Send Email to clevparts@aol.com Put Hotsheets in the Subject line. Clevenger Ford Part direct 1-559-782-5139, ext. 227
Old 1/15/08, 05:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Just got my wheel from Kevin, gonna try and install it tonight! I'll post pics and my thoughts once it's in! Hopefully I don't get a face full of airbag...
Old 1/15/08, 11:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, the steering wheel is installed! Best of all, my girlfriend did it! She did it in about a total of 15 minutes. It looks and feels great and is a big improvement over the stock one. Thanks again KC.
Old 1/16/08, 08:30 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Can someone be more specific on the location and description of the airbag fuse? I pulled off the cover in the kick panel on the passenger side and didn't see anything that looked like a fuse. Am I even looking in the right place? What does this fuse look like?
Old 1/16/08, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

There's one more black fuse box lid that you have to pull off. It's right below the computer.
Old 1/16/08, 10:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Can someone be more specific on the location and description of the airbag fuse? I pulled off the cover in the kick panel on the passenger side and didn't see anything that looked like a fuse. Am I even looking in the right place? What does this fuse look like?
After you pull off the second cover it's fuse #17 in the picture below (circled in red). Also be sure to disconnect the battery.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt steering wheel installed-2008_0116image0067.jpg  
Old 1/16/08, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

If you disconnect the battery, it isn't necessary to pull the fuses. Just wait a few minutes for the airbag system to power down. Ford says it only takes 1 minute for that to happen.
Old 1/16/08, 03:33 PM

Thanks guys. EXACTLY what I needed.

The first time I swapped out my steering wheel all I did was disconnect the battery, but I sure would feel a lot better if that fuse was pulled this time.
Old 1/16/08, 04:11 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,624 Likes on 1,942 Posts
FYI, My Price is Still The Same. I have More Wheels Due in Soon. As Soon as I get Stock Back in I will List on Ebay. They Are Also Listed on My Latest Hotsheets and Can be Preordered Direct. I as A rule Do Not List part Numbers and Prices which are Subject to Change For Various Reasons One Being Things Change and There is No Way I can Backtrack All My Posts and Update everytime Ford Decides to Change Pricing. These Wheels are a Fantastic Deal at the Moment and Ford Could Raise the Price in a Heartbeat. Basically The Posts Inform you and The Hotsheets are the Key With Pricing.

Regards,

Kc
Old 1/16/08, 05:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well thats good reasoning
Old 1/22/08, 03:51 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,624 Likes on 1,942 Posts
FRESH BATCH JUST ARRIVED!

Do not Snooze! These are Hard to Get! Get Direct or on Ebay! Same Price!

KC
Old 1/25/08, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Thanks "KC"

Just got off of the phone with Mr. "KC"! I placed an order for one of those sharp looking new Bullitt steering wheels, a TMS car cover and a 05+ Mustang locking gas cap. The guy is a great Mustang Bro!! A complete pleasure doing business with him!! If you need something for your Stang, he is your man. Check out his great Hot Sheets! As Mr. Arnold S. once said. "I'll be back". Thankyou again Sir! "RC"...... P.S. Also that dealership of which "KC" spoke about, was probably located near here at Red Oak, Iowa?
Old 1/31/08, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know it's possible to install it with just disconnecting the battery and not taking out the fuse, but is it possible to install it but just taking out the fuse and not disconnecting the battery? I just ordered one and I really don't feel like disconnecting it. I don't want to deal with my presets or the clock and what have you. If I have to I will I just wanted to know.
Old 1/31/08, 09:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheRealOne
I know it's possible to install it with just disconnecting the battery and not taking out the fuse, but is it possible to install it but just taking out the fuse and not disconnecting the battery? I just ordered one and I really don't feel like disconnecting it. I don't want to deal with my presets or the clock and what have you.
you just have to reset the clock... presets stay preset due to some sort of magic within the radio.
Old 1/31/08, 11:59 AM

Yes. It's possible. I've even known people that have swapped wheels without doing either one. Pulling the fuse and/or disconnecting the battery are just precautions.... and I would higly recomend doing them.

To be safe, be sure to wait a few minutes after you pull the fuse to ensure any capacitors have discharged.
Old 2/1/08, 04:48 AM
Cobra Member

My radio was sitting out of my car for a couple of weeks and when I plugged it back in all of the presets were there. I just had to set the clock as mentioned earlier. Do both it doesn't take much effort.

Quick Reply: Bullitt steering wheel installed