05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Bad (and good) UPRProducts.com story

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/05, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a billet 14" Antenna from them back in November. I was told it takes a couple weeks to get it polished, and thats fine. A month later I still hadn't received anything, so I sent them an email. They said they didn't know what happened, so they sent me an antenna out. Received it, looked it over, and it looked fine.

Skip ahead to a couple days ago. I am putting my new car cover on, so I finally take the old antenna off the car. I put the hole in the cover for the antenna, and go to get the one I ordered. I come to notice that the "tip" for the antenna wasn't on it. Send them an email, and they say they sent the wrong antenna, this one has interchangable tips. They gave me a couple options, send back the one I have and get the one I ordered, or pick out a tip and they will send it to me free. I took the later, picked out a tip, and am now waiting for it to come in. I'll update when it comes in.

Just posting because I know they run ads here, so if its useful for anyones purchasing decisions, its not a waste of time.
Old 2/17/05, 05:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, even if they make mistakes, at least you know they have good customer support.
Old 2/17/05, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's worse is that I swapped out the antenna and then put the car cover back on. What I didn't even think about was that the new antenna was "solid" and not a bit flexable. It bent pretty bad as I pulled the cover just a little tighter before I put it in the hole. As I tried to bend it back it Snapped at the base as easy as you would snap a twig. It would have been nice if it was SOMEWHAT flexable. I can see somebody breaking these off just for the fun of it or going through a car wash. Not sure if I would order another one. Maybe they will come out with a little more flexable one in the future.
Old 2/18/05, 04:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't the antenna be removed before the car cover is put on? That's what I do with my current car. No need to put a hole in the car cover.
Old 2/18/05, 05:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered the billet door lock pins and when I got them and went to put them on they wouldn't screw down all the way. Called UPR and they told me they sent me pins for a 2004 and they shipped a new set to me and said keep the other ones too. Very helpful service on the phone.