05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Watcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/07, 10:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watcha think?

Well, after owning 6 mustangs (87 blk GT, 90 blk GT, 91 blk GT conv., 92 blk GT conv., 93 blk GT and a 72 wht Mach 1) I decided that I needed a break from Mustangs (I don't know why, stupidity?). So I got a Land Rover. Well after 2 years of dealing with the heap, I paid $1200 to get it out of the garage and headed to FORD. I left with a Black (of course) 07 Mustang G....................V6. I didn't want the extra $'s in payments and insurance. I have always been a V8 guy, but hey, whatcha gonna do? I love this car! I know I would really love the GT, but this little car has some potential. And I have really missed the Mustang forums. I used to be on these things all the time. Well, have already started to do some customizing. I don't want my Mustang to look like a GT but I do want it to look like MY V6. So I decided to take the whole retro think a little further (like others I have seen on the forums) and added the old school trunk lettering. I have already received I don't know how many compliments on it. A lot of compliments from the guys at FORD. I also installed the billet grille, some Tri-bar fender emblems and did a little custom paint. Instead of Red/White and Blue. I painted them Gray/White and Black. And I want to put gray (is it gray or grey?, who cares?) stripes on it. Interior stuff will of course include the polished bezels, etc. More exterior stuff will include the quarter louvers and scoops and rear window louvers. I have never seen in detail (or in person) what vinyl stripes look like after a couple years. Do they age bad? And also, how easy are they to come off? Also, I want to make my tri-bar logo on the decklid match my fender emblems (gray, white and black) Does anyone know if you can remove the actual emblem from the fake gas cap and paint it, or is it attached to the clear bubble on top of it? Maybe I should post this question in another forum. But one thing I am wondering is this. When it comes to tuning and performance mods, what can I do to the V6 that won't void my warranty. This is actually my first brand new car. Though I am sure you all have seen these types of pics before, I will post my excellent (in my opinion) lettering and emblem paint job. Well, glad to be back behind the wheel of a Mustang and in the company of you fine people. Any words of wisdom or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. One more thing (actually 2). I have a set of the factory spinners. Anyone know how to put this things on and keep them from being so easy to steal. They just pop on and it would be very easy for some loser to just walk up and pop them off. Also, does anyone know where I could get some custom (gray, white and black)tri-bar center emblems to replace the factory ford center emblems. Thanks again.
Attached Images     
Old 2/9/07, 10:47 PM
Cobra R Member

not bad...let the modding continue
Old 2/10/07, 02:26 AM
mhk
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
not bad...let the modding continue
Yeah! You need some new wheels.
Old 2/10/07, 07:37 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome back to the Mustang crowd! Grey/gray can be spelled either way. Sorta like color/colour.
Old 2/10/07, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gray is the American spelling for Grey, a neutral color. Either spelling is correct as they are so often mixed up and interchanged now a days.

Black V6's rock!
Old 2/10/07, 03:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice. I agree... next mod should be wheels
Old 2/10/07, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

Well I think generally speaking performance modifications and warranty go together like oil and water, or fire and ice. I think you have to be willing to take some risk if you want your cake and eat it.

Sounds like you are no stranger to modifications. The easy mod's are cold air kit with low restriction air filter, computer tune.

Wheels, tires, shocks and springs follow as well. Lowering is easy, but you need to decide how right you want to do it. Several other corrections are necessary to do it right ... or to make the effort 'all that it can be'.

I like the simple touches you have already made.
Old 2/10/07, 03:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looking good. I also agree that wheels should be next. Anyone want to take bets on what the color of his next car will be. I owned 1 black car and got so frustrated trying to keep it clean but they are the best looking for sure.
Scott
Old 2/10/07, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

The car is looking good so far. Keep up the good work