05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Verticle Doors on 05

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can think of a million other ways to spend a few hundred bucks on my GT before getting something as trivial as doors like that.
Old 1/28/05, 11:51 AM

Uhhh, yeah Diamond Blue, thanks for the creative comments. I don't know when I previously registered here, but when I re-registered today, it told me my name and E-mail were already saved in the system, leading me to believe that I have registered here before. This is not my first day on the internet.

Anyway, thanks guys for the rest of your comments. This just goes back to the old,"if nobody can modify their car differently, what's the point?" I personally would not put those doors on my car either, but because they are there, is that a reason to try and insult me? Try waiting till the car is done, or ask exactly what we are planning with the car before you judge. Although, you're right, the old Mercedes Gullwings were ricey, too!

My goal here is to try and show some of you some new tricks with these cars, and what is capapble. I could just take the customer's money, build the car, toss him out the door and move on to the next one, but I have more fun in this business if I can help others who may be thinking about doing similar things. We have run into alot of interesting things with this car, most will be reflected in Steeda's site or instructions for future installations by the public.

Anyway, anyone got any questions about the car?
Old 1/28/05, 11:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 28, 2005, 1:40 PM
DB's just being a jerk, his posts all seem to have something negative to say. Hey I havent seen a post from Grantsdale in a while maybe he signed up under a new name, JK.
That ticket thread got to you, didn't it? Sorry if the more abstract concepts elude you.
Old 1/28/05, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry I didn't just type "huh huh, rice" and leave it at that.

If you checked, we've discussed these doors (not your particular installation) before.

Those doors scream "I wanna be an exotic". That's not what the mustang is. Not what it should aspire to either. It shouldn't be a wannabe.

Cowl hood, custom rims (not spinners), etc, all go with the feel of the car.

As does adding more power.

I'm showing you that while you wouldn't dream of putting spinners on the car, the doors come across like that to many. They just don't go with the car.
Old 1/28/05, 12:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by DiamondBlue@January 28, 2005, 11:04 AM
Sorry I didn't just type "huh huh, rice" and leave it at that.

If you checked, we've discussed these doors (not your particular installation) before.

Those doors scream "I wanna be an exotic". That's not what the mustang is. Not what it should aspire to either. It shouldn't be a wannabe.

Cowl hood, custom rims (not spinners), etc, all go with the feel of the car.

As does adding more power.

I'm showing you that while you wouldn't dream of putting spinners on the car, the doors come across like that to many. They just don't go with the car.

...in your humble opinion.
Old 1/28/05, 12:06 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by DiamondBlue+January 28, 2005, 12:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DiamondBlue @ January 28, 2005, 12:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rrobello@January 28, 2005, 1:40 PM
DB's just being a jerk, his posts all seem to have something negative to say. Hey I havent seen a post from Grantsdale in a while maybe he signed up under a new name, JK.
That ticket thread got to you, didn't it? Sorry if the more abstract concepts elude you.
[/b][/quote]

No, it didnt. I just don't think this guy did anything to deserve being bashed. Nothing he said sounded rice, he stated the doors where done elsewhere and if you bothered to look at the site with the pics, the car is coming around real nicely, lots of performance mods. As for your comments about my ticket or comments in general your entitled to your oppinion, no matter how stupid it may be, and I dont take much issue with what you said about me, but I don't care to tollerate people bashing others for no reason whats so ever. And if you really want to talk rice whats up with that puke green on that 05 in your avatar looks like something you would see at Hot Import Nights on a civic trying to "be an exotic" as you were bashing the other guy for doing. And I take issue with you thinking that the Mustang should all look the same and not want to be a wannabe, first no matter what you do to the car it will never be a wannabe and the Stang is the car that is modified more than any other car and if it weren't for all the spinoffs and creativity of their owners the stang would've died out along with the Camero. The car is better than an exotic it is a classic.
Old 1/28/05, 12:08 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No reason for bickering here, let's keep it on topic and civil please.
Old 1/28/05, 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Dred,

I sent you a PM.

Mike
Old 1/28/05, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't listen to the negative posts, thats rediculous. I think I speak for many of the people here when someone with seemingly limitless bankroll decides to mod up the new 05 and then show it off and come over to tell us about it.

That makes you a pioneer, outside of the dicovery chanel, but to give us your imput the whole time rocks, and those with the 05 I'm sure love it.

Perhaps if you could provide more details of the installs, like time it took, difficulty etc. that would be awesome!

Welcome to the forum by the way!

I don't like the doors either...for some reason I'm always reminded of "Back to the Future" when I see vert doors on anything. most people here keep to the "american muscle" love of the stang, so you probably won't see those go over well here.

YOU KILLED A PINE!! haha...

keep us posted, and more details!
Old 1/28/05, 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

I think the doors are kinda cool. A very unique mod, unlike "cowl hood, Cobra R's. etc.". Not all Mustangs have to meet Diamondblue's standards on Mustang fashion. The car can have whatever "feel" the owner chooses, and if that means Lambo doors, more power to him. To each his own.
(rant off)

How much power does this baby make? B)
Old 1/28/05, 03:25 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments! I never let one guy get me ticked off, it's a waste of time!

Bookman, I just returned your PM!

As far as the exp0erience of modding this car, most things go on pretty easy. It is refreshing to NOT have to remove the K-member to get long tubes onto a 4.6 (I know you can do it otherwise in the old cars, it's just easier that way). Ford put alot of work into making these cars mod-friendly. Most of these things can be done in your driveway, while some of the more detailed parts, like the Control Arm Relocation Kit, NEEDS to be handled by an expert! It is VERY involved.

We also had design troubles with p0arts that were shipped to us first, like the "missing O2 sensor bungs" in the JBA H-pipe that are mentioned in another thread here. When I called JBA (and this was YESTERDAY!!) they said, "huh? I didn't know that! They were, however, prompt to call me back with an answer, telling us we were on the right track with the solution. They ahve been very good to work with, as has Steeda.

I could write a book on this car, in fact I kinda am on my website. Any particular questions you guys wanna ask, post here and I'll answer them with no problems, I love that stuff! But I am writing a few articles as time allows on my site, and will provide a link to it when finished. I have part one up there if you browse the site. That is pretty much driving impressions of the new car before we tore it apart.

Thanks again guys! I am in the middle of probably becomming a sponsor here, and wether that goes through or not, anyone here interested can always call my shop and ask whatever questions they wish! 1-888-4-SHEEHY.
Old 1/30/05, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Dreddstang@January 28, 2005, 4:28 PM
Any particular questions you guys wanna ask, post here and I'll answer them with no problems, I love that stuff!
How much power??? :bang:
Old 2/7/05, 02:55 PM

We have yet to tune the car, then I'll put up #'s, as long as the owner does not mind (I'm sure he won't, but some customers are particular about their hp #'s going out ).
Old 2/7/05, 03:13 PM
FR500 Member

can i have a bag soo i can puke in it please??
Old 2/7/05, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool doors, but not on this car. :notnice:
Old 2/7/05, 05:15 PM

If the doors are used to get attention it sure did work. The car sounds awesome. Look forward for all the other mods you do to the car.
Old 2/7/05, 06:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chris, how long did it take to get the headers in?
Old 2/7/05, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Since you're in the modding business, and you've seen these Lambo-style doors in person, would a suicide door conversion be possible? I've just always though rear-opening doors were the coolest things heh. Those doors may be too big for it, but it's just a thought that crossed my mind as I was reading this thread.
Old 2/7/05, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

the performance mods look great, Im sure the handling has been improved ten fold. keep up the good work. Get us some Dyno numbers!
Im jealous you get to play with all of those suspension mods, its going to take me years to save for all those mods.

Im imagining that car in my garage right now! (minus the Doors...)

Old 2/7/05, 08:34 PM

I also think it's great someone is taking the time to come here and post about the mods their shop is doing to a car.

But FWIW, at least personally speaking, seeing something like that at a show won't endear me to stop and take a closer look. I will merely keep walking while chuckling to myself under my breath. So, no matter how great a job you do on the car it will be lost on me because I will be off looking at other cars. I'm sure others will feel differently as this is only one man's opinion. Although, just to be on the safe side you might want to invest in a big sign carrying a disclaimer absoving your company of any association with said cosmetic door mods.

Brett

Quick Reply: Verticle Doors on 05