05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Vert Shelby Conversion Completed

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/06, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vert Shelby Conversion Completed

Finally got all the parts in,painted and installed.
Still havent decided about the rearbumper/spoiler situation. Here's some pics...
Also havent decided yet if I should stick with the wheels I have on, or the ones on my old black 05. Photoshop help is appreciated

the wheels:
Old 9/24/06, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

That Looks Hot! Very Nice!!
I have my stuff going out for paint tomorrow, so i hope to have mine done by the end of this week! Glad to see you used the door graphics and cobras, Finally someone else who did it before me....... I am doing the same. I'll bet those other wheels would look awesome on there! Try swaping out one and see what you think! Can't wait for more pix! Good Job!
Old 9/24/06, 11:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I am all for putting the GT500 body pieces on S197 stangs, but not the stickers. Remove the poseur badges and you have a very nice package.
Old 9/24/06, 11:21 AM
GT Member

Car looks great, I just hate all the shelby logo's.
Old 9/24/06, 11:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you should concider replacing the rear spoiler. The stock GT spoiler doesn't fit the scheme I don't feel. I also frown on the rebadge.

-danny
Old 9/24/06, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Naaa, KEEP EM! They look awesome! W'ell start a new Poser Stang Club!
Old 9/24/06, 01:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Looks good!!! Have to agree that the spoiler doesn't fit, but keep the badges and stuff!! Its your car anyways, do what you want!!!
Old 9/24/06, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Like the above post, its your car do what ya want, but the mustang badges would make it unique and not a wannabe shelby. Great job
Old 9/24/06, 03:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice. I'd try the new Shelby CS67 wheels in 18". That'd be so cool. I'd also lose the spoiler or get the Shelby one. I got snakes on my car, but I wouldn't do the Shelby badging. It doesn't offend me, though, and it's your car, so do what you like. There will always be someone so uptight as to get upset about it, so be ready to deal with that, or just ignore it. You'll certainly get a lot of heads turning.
Old 9/24/06, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I think it looks great! Who cares about the poser comments! It's your car do what ya like!!!
Old 9/24/06, 04:50 PM

Thanks for all your comments and opinions,
Sure I would love to have the REAL GT500,,, but this is the cheap way for me to have my own,
Had I been able to buy a GT500 at sticker, I wouldnt have done such thing,,, bet C.Shelby isnt a big fan of cars like mine,,, but hey, if they wouldve planned the production/pricing a bit better, maybe you would see more authentic Shelby's on the roads,,,, But for now I rather "make my own" Shelby ,,,,
Old 9/24/06, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Could not have said it better myself! In fact i did on a different thread!! I originaly went in looking for a GT500.... then i learned of the ridiculous markups.... 2-3K Maybe.... 20-30 Forget it! I am doing the same to hold me over untill the day comes where (and if!) the prices and availibility are there for all to get one.... Untill then CLONE ON!
Hey, i look at it like, Nice Car Carrol..... Heres my tribute to you!
Old 9/24/06, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by max2000jp
I am all for putting the GT500 body pieces on S197 stangs, but not the stickers. Remove the poseur badges and you have a very nice package.
thats where i sit, but to each his own. sweet ride!
Old 9/24/06, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Shelby GT500 Posers ....

SO WHAT IF THEY HAVE THE SHELBY GT500 BADGES !!!
Put some forged internals in your 4.6 drop a whipple, saleen or kennie bell
supercharger in it and pump that beast with 10-12 psi of boost !!
Your going to tell me its not cheaper and faster than a stock Shelby GT500?
Hey and you'll have a few more $$$ in your pocket as well. I've seen these Shelbys go for 20-30k over sticker - that is just plain .

Carrol Shelby should have dropped a bullitt proof 4.6 w. forged internals and
a whipple and pumped the boost to 10-12 PSI in the Mustang.
Old 9/24/06, 08:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice job on the mod, you all are gonna cost me some money now, I love the look.

I agree with GTracerX, what is the big deal if someone wants to make their own replica?
Old 9/24/06, 09:05 PM

Amen!
Old 9/24/06, 09:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GPStang06
Nice job on the mod, you all are gonna cost me some money now, I love the look.

I agree with GTracerX, what is the big deal if someone wants to make their own replica?
Not a "big deal" as far as i'm concerned, but it's not something I'd do myself. Changing body panels is one thing for styling, but making a spot-on replica would just make me feel dishonest.
Old 9/24/06, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Not a "big deal" as far as i'm concerned, but it's not something I'd do myself. Changing body panels is one thing for styling, but making a spot-on replica would just make me feel dishonest.
That's how I feel. For example, I've seen people put ///M badges on 318i's. When I see something like that, I laugh and think to myself, who are you fooling? I wouldn't want people looking at me that way.
Old 9/24/06, 09:41 PM

you see,, I am not really a poser, cause I live in a smal community where everyone knows by now what my project is and they like it,,, they KNOW its not a true Shelby and they like how close my project looks to the real deal.... The main and only reason I went this route is as I explained before,, I love the way a Shelby looks,,even the badges and Stripes,, but didnt want to spend anothe 20K added to MSRP to own one,,, keep in mind I work at a dealership where we did have a Shelby but I couldnt buy it for MSRP let alone D-plan,...
So I thought if Ford & Shelby are gonna stop me from having one by the marketing/production/pricing, I will find a way to have one,,, Once i get my KenneBelle and push 500 horse I will be happy knowing I didnt have to pay an arm and a leg to own a Shelby I want to bad
Old 9/25/06, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Torch_Vert

Oh yea, I agree, I wouldn't go the total replica look myself because my car is not a Shelby and never will be but I think it's great that others have the option and can achieve something and be happy. I can't wait to see RacerX's with his color too.

For me if I go this route I personally would go more the route of 2L8's and give it a "similar" Shelby look.

Quick Reply: Vert Shelby Conversion Completed