05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Under Lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/05, 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not gonna say anything negative about any mods in particular, but I will say I like the pedals and exterior hood and side graphics on scrming's stang.

Just remember:
Old 8/11/05, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

Ok... that was fun! LOL!

First off.... I may be 42 but when it cames to this car stuff I am very naive! When I bought my car I had no idea what a "ricer" was! I was not into the car scene at all... I never went to car show or cruise the streets here in the big town of Saginaw... I'm a big kid at heart and I was attracted to the flashing bright lights! LOL! It was my first mod... If I had it to do over I probably would have spent the money else where...

I NEVER drive with the lights on.... period... I've only had them on a handful of times... The kiddies love them so I put them on for them... I get a get out of watching them smile and point... LOL!

And never worry about telling me what you think about my car... If I had a dime for every time I've heard "You should have got a GT" I'ld be rich!! I could quit my job! I've developed a very thick skin when it comes to my car... I usually at least one car show a week... some people love my car, others stick their nose up because I don't have a V8... Too each his own...

If you'ld like to see some better day time pics of my car, (like the graphics in the day time! LOL) Check out:

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/April_05/index.html

I'll probably get thrashed about the rear window decal... BUT If you ever seen the reaction i get from the youngster at the car shows... Those little guys go nuts! I just smile to myself when some 8 year old see my window and yell at the top of his lungs "Dad, Dad!!! You've GOT to see this!!!!" LOL!

John - The V6 Apologist... 8^)
Old 8/11/05, 03:58 PM
GT Member

Hey man, seriously, have fun with it. No one here will ever tell you you can't modify your car. That's why Legos come all broken apart, not finished for you to take apart. You are right to not expect everyone to like it, and you are smart to develop a thick skin about it!

I remember a poster a few months back who did some things to his car that were .... questionable. His waving banner was that his car was going to be "featured" in a magazine. Well, long story short, his car looked like crap and we all told him so. He did not have a thick skin, and argued with us all in a VERY immature manner. That was not cool. The funny part was, when the magazine hit the newsstand, you couldn't hardly tell it was his car because his "feature" turned out to be a tech article of some kind. The pictures (except for one or two) could have been any yellow GT!

I guess that wasn't a very short way to shorten that story. Anyway, kudos to you for being so gracious! I stand by my earlier statements, but will add that you are "good people" as we say in Texas. Look me up if you're ever in Lubbock, there's a beer in it for ya.
Old 8/11/05, 03:59 PM
GT Member

Oh, and FireDragon, that's the funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Two thumbs way up!
Old 8/11/05, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate the term ricer. Especially used out of context. How can an American car be a ricer? Isn't a ricer a car made by an Asian motor company?
Unless the term is meant to be anything added to a vehicle that does not effect performance then in that case here is my ricer.

I have not had it Dyno'd yet but I don't think those stripes gave me any noticable HP gains.
Old 8/11/05, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by scrming@August 11, 2005, 3:28 PM

John - The V6 Apologist... 8^)
I don't think you have anything to apologize for. You modded your car to the way you like. Thats what its about. Most mustang fans wouldn't do some of those mods, but hey, it's not about them.

Keep modding to make yourself happy, cause in the end wouldn't you rather YOU like the car rather than someone else? I give ya a for your great attitude about it all.
Old 8/11/05, 04:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by FireDragon@August 11, 2005, 5:25 PM
I don't think you have anything to apologize for. You modded your car to the way you like. Thats what its about. Most mustang fans wouldn't do some of those mods, but hey, it's not about them.

Keep modding to make yourself happy, cause in the end wouldn't you rather YOU like the car rather than someone else? I give ya a for your great attitude about it all.
Actually that's not what apologist means... I'm not apologizing...LOL!

Here's the definition:

Apologetics is the field of study concerned with the systematic defense of a position. Someone who engages in apologetics is called an apologist.The term comes from the Greek word apologia, meaning the defense of a position against an attack, not from the English word apology, which is exclusively understood as a defensive plea for forgiveness for an action that is open to blame.

So as a self appointed "V6 Apologist" I go around defending the new 2005 4.0L against those who say a V6 Mustang isn't a real Mustang... LOL!

I've run into a number of people who get so irrational as soon as I start logically debating them about the 2005 V6... Like the guy you pointed out who got so "immature"...

BTW... I'm relatively new to the board... and I'm finding this one to be one of the best around! Kudos to all of you!
Old 8/11/05, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Learn something new every day.
Old 8/11/05, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

:shock:
Old 8/12/05, 10:59 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Food for thought.

In 1968 my father factory ordered a 1968 Mustang GT. When I asked him later in life why he didn't spend the extra cash to get a Shelby, he told me that most of the car mechanics that he hung out with called them "Western Auto" cars. He said the Shelby's just looked like someone went to the auto parts store and bought a bunch of bolt on crap. Scoops and such. Personally, I'd of rather inherited the Western Auto car. Get what you want, do what you want, and be happy. The fact that I'm laughing shouldn't matter. We are all different and like different things. So put your pretty lights on it, I won't like it but you shouldn't give a darn what I think. You could even put a whale tail on it. At least it would be on a rear wheel drive vehicle unlike the tards that put the huge tails on the front wheel drive cars which shifts the traction at high speeds to the back instead of the pulling wheels. It's your car. Do with it what you want.
Old 8/12/05, 12:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by scrming@August 7, 2005, 8:28 AM
Pic1and 2 show that EL cable (think flexible neon) fits very nicely in the grove at the top of the dash... the stuff fit perfectly!

Thanks for the idea... You're not longer "original"

$15 and 45 mins later...
Old 8/12/05, 01:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by scrming@August 11, 2005, 3:28 PM
here in the big town of Saginaw...
Would that be Saginaw Texas? :tex:

If so, I live about a mile away from there.

Welcome aboard John. It seems that you have a great attitude when it comes to your taste and what may be considered main stream or "acceptable". With that in mind, I may as well ask: What exactly, as your big window sticker suggests, am I supposed to be fearing?
Old 8/12/05, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@August 12, 2005, 1:57 PM
Thanks for the idea... You're not longer "original"

$15 and 45 mins later...
VERY COOL!!! Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery! LOL!

Don't you just love the way that stuff fits in the grove..... like it was made for it! LOL!
Old 8/12/05, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by BLAKE@August 12, 2005, 2:18 PM
Would that be Saginaw Texas? :tex:

If so, I live about a mile away from there.

Welcome aboard John. It seems that you have a great attitude when it comes to your taste and what may be considered main stream or "acceptable". With that in mind, I may as well ask: What exactly, as your big window sticker suggests, am I supposed to be fearing?

Nope... a few miles off... That's Saginaw, Michigan... LOL!

Fear the Steriod Pony! LOL! Oh, that's right... I never took steriods.... oh... well.... I didn't take them INTENTIONALLY... yeah...that's it! LOL!

Well, the decal must be working... I hear all these kill stories.... You know I've never had anyone rev on me since I put it on! LOL!
Old 8/12/05, 02:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by scrming@August 12, 2005, 2:09 PM
Nope... a few miles off... That's Saginaw, Michigan... LOL!

D'oh!

I guess I sometimes forget that there's a world outside the borders of Texas. Besides Mexico, that is.
Old 8/12/05, 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by BLAKE@August 12, 2005, 3:30 PM
D'oh!

I guess I sometimes forget that there's a world outside the borders of Texas. Besides Mexico, that is.
and before I lived in Saginaw... I lived in Midland.... Michigan's got one of them too! LOL!
Old 8/12/05, 03:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by scrming@August 12, 2005, 2:43 PM
and before I lived in Saginaw... I lived in Midland.... Michigan's got one of them too! LOL!
Just as long as you don't have a Fort Worth, everything will be OK, lol.
Old 8/12/05, 10:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for your interest in this topic and i have concidered the under lighting. Although my vision of these ground effects on my car look pretty good, i reall y can't afford to spend $200 on the lights and have them busted 2days later. I have bottomed out a few times, the roads get very weathered and such from the winter and summer months, dirt roads, gravels, drop offs and pot holes are all a major concern. I would also appreciate TwoBlackStangs. Thanks
Coleman