05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Trufiber Venom pics...

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/09, 06:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trufiber Venom pics...

I finally got KI3T back from the paint shop today. The hood pins came in the mail and will be installed tomorrow along with the scanner. Here's a preview!

Old 9/18/09, 08:03 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks perfect!
Old 9/19/09, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Just curious but are you planing on doing anything with regards to the badging. Im not saying slap cobras on the side but i think itd be cool to debadge it. It would really make people question what exactly it is.
Old 9/20/09, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

Finally got the hood pins and lenses/diffusers mounted this morning. Scanner and 'surprise' will be revealed tonight! :twisted:
Here's a preview:

Sorry, the car's filthy BTW.
Yes I will be taking the GT emblems off, however I won't be using the 'Snake' emblems. I've got a special touch in mind!
Old 9/20/09, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I missed most of the thread for the building of this car. But which hood pins are those? I've been trying to find them to add to my own mod list. BTW, the car looks gorgeous. Can only imagine how hot it'll be when finished.
Old 9/20/09, 07:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
I missed most of the thread for the building of this car. But which hood pins are those? I've been trying to find them to add to my own mod list. BTW, the car looks gorgeous. Can only imagine how hot it'll be when finished.
They're the same hood pins used on the GT500KR '08 and '68. I got mine from Trufiber.
Old 9/20/09, 07:43 PM
V6 Member

UPDATE:

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBgUiuyUJk8
Old 9/20/09, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the reply. And again. Amazing! Its so sick looking with the lights on. Like right out of the show.
Old 9/20/09, 09:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tamatt27
Finally got the hood pins and lenses/diffusers mounted this morning. Scanner and 'surprise' will be revealed tonight! :twisted:
Here's a preview:

Yes I will be taking the GT emblems off, however I won't be using the 'Snake' emblems. I've got a special touch in mind!
Where did you get the center caps for the wheels? What size of rubber are you running? How did you attach the twist locks to the rad support? Do you have pictures with the hood up? Thanks!
Old 9/20/09, 10:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looking sweet. U really got the RIM, didnt you? Looks great but drop that mother sucker and inch or so.
Old 9/20/09, 10:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
That looks so good!! I love Knight Rider, too bad it didn't get a second chance!
Old 9/21/09, 07:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks awesome man. Can you slow the scanner down a bit so it matches the show car?
Old 9/21/09, 04:04 PM
V6 Member

-The center caps came with my GT500 replica wheels. I purchased a custom 'Knight' vinyl to put on them. Sadly, however, they won't fit the Alcoa's.
-The hood pins/twist locks are attached to the hood at all times using a spring, a set of washers, and a c-clip. They twist into brackets that bolt on the radiator support just above the headlamps.
-I'm running 255/35ZR-20 all the way around so I can rotate the tires for best tread wear.
-Yea Mellow, I put the rim on just to take the pics. After I uploaded 'em, I ordered another one.
-I can slow the scanner down, as well as have other effects too. See my youtube page.
Old 9/21/09, 10:41 PM
V6 Member

-The center caps came with my GT500 replica wheels. I purchased a custom 'Knight' vinyl to put on them. Sadly, however, they won't fit the Alcoa's.
-The hood pins/twist locks are attached to the hood at all times using a spring, a set of washers, and a c-clip. They twist into brackets that bolt on the radiator support just above the headlamps.
-I'm running 255/35ZR-20 all the way around so I can rotate the tires for best tread wear.
-Yea Mellow, I put the rim on just to take the pics. After I uploaded 'em, I ordered another one.
-I can slow the scanner down, as well as have other effects too. See my youtube page.
I've wanted to purchase a tru-fiber hood for such a long time but not being able to find the right hood pin set up using the twist version has prevented me from doing so. Your set up sounds intriguing. Could you snap a few pics of the pins and receivers with the hood up?

Much appreciated.
Old 9/23/09, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's a preview:

Just an FYI, you went to this much trouble so thought I'd let you know.

Those twist locks should line up straight front to back when locked, IE when being driven.
Old 9/24/09, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jcthorne
Just an FYI, you went to this much trouble so thought I'd let you know.

Those twist locks should line up straight front to back when locked, IE when being driven.

You are 100% correct about the twist lock position when they are locked and how they are 'suppose' to point.

Personally, mine dont point front to back and I couldnt give a rats. They match, they look good, and they function. Thats all I needed and all I wanted (and they dont point front to back).

Do what you want and how you want it. If you want and can go this route (if you can come up with the resources) for your pins. This is a link to a guy on another mustang site that came up with a unique way to have the pins lock AND inables you to position them in the position you prefer when locked.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-...enom-hood.html

I still intend to do the exact same thing when time allows, but as of yet havent. Also, my hood seems to be a 'bit' shorter somehow so my bracket will have to be installed a few mm closer towards the firewall than he installed for his setup. Hope this helps.

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti1; 9/24/09 at 09:22 AM.
Old 9/24/09, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you post a good side profile of your car with the new wheels on it? I'm considering these wheels for my car, and would like to see how they look on a black car.

Thanks,
-danny
Old 9/24/09, 09:45 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whew its a good thing shelby doesn't sell the parts for the SS. Nobody else could ever make those parts.
Old 9/24/09, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here is you SuperSnake Version twin

Old 9/24/09, 06:35 PM
V6 Member

Just put Mellow's wheels on it, and it'll be KARR, haha.

Quick Reply: Trufiber Venom pics...