05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Tire/wheel gurus - I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/05, 12:49 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need some good advice from all you wheel/tire experts out there.

I just went with an 18 inch wheel/tire setup (Millie Miglias) for my GT and am not really happy with the results. I am really thinking about starting over and just going with the 18 inch anthracite Bullitts from Mustang Tuning. (No one seems to sell a darn SILVER Bullitt in 18 but what are you gonna do - in the end, I keep coming back to thinking the Bullitts look best on this body style)

My main thing then is the TIRES - what I want:

Obviously, as fat as I can go on these 18 by 9s.... but ALSO I want the tires to have some shoulders - I went with the BF Goody KDW2s (255/45s) and I really am not like the rounded/lack of a shoulder. I want the shoulder a bit 'taller'.

(Does this style of BFG normally run 'thinner' stylewise? Browsing around, the Nitto 555s look more to be what I am after I think but I really want to be sure)

All suggestions welcome and appreciated - I am a bit bummed that I am not digging the setup I went with and want to get this fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!
Old 6/26/05, 01:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Burke0011@June 26, 2005, 12:52 PM

I just went with an 18 inch wheel/tire setup (Millie Miglias) for my GT and am not really happy with the results. I am really thinking about starting over and just going with the 18 inch anthracite Bullitts from Mustang Tuning. (No one seems to sell a darn SILVER Bullitt in 18 but what are you gonna do - in the end, I keep coming back to thinking the Bullitts look best on this body style)

Obviously, as fat as I can go on these 18 by 9s.... but ALSO I want the tires to have some shoulders - I went with the BF Goody KDW2s (255/45s) and I really am not like the rounded/lack of a shoulder. I want the shoulder a bit 'taller'.

(Does this style of BFG normally run 'thinner' stylewise? Browsing around, the Nitto 555s look more to be what I am after I think but I really want to be sure)

All suggestions welcome and appreciated - I am a bit bummed that I am not digging the setup I went with and want to get this fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!
Can you post a pic of the car with the Migglias on it?

Thanks.
Old 6/26/05, 01:03 PM

There are a lot of things to consider. After spending countless hours researching tire wheel combos, I ultimately decided I wanted the muscle car look, with plenty of sidewall flex for traction. I never did find a good 18" tire to fit my needs. The best I found was a 285/40-18, which was shorter than the stock Pirellis (aaccck). I wanted a 285/45, but they don't seem to exist.

So, I ended up with 17x9 chrome bullitts all the way around, with Nitto 450 rubber (the 555 is very soft, and probably wouldn't last long). I have 275/50-17 in the rear and 255/50-17 up front (the rears are 0.65" taller than stock). And, I am thrilled with my choice. The Nittos are sticky and hook pretty well, and I think the combination looks awesome... at least for my tastes.

Take a look...
Old 6/26/05, 01:05 PM

More...
Old 6/26/05, 09:42 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Maybe run 275's with KDWS's all around. They have a tall tread near the edge.
Old 6/29/05, 06:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@June 26, 2005, 1:52 PM

what a bummer Dave sorry you dont like your setup.
I personally think they look amazing, but I dont have to drive it and ultimatly it is your car, and you need to be happy. My offer still stands just let me know!!