05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Those who have lowered their cars

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/05, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed alot of people have used the Eibach kit on here and it seems it is lowering the car more than a inch. According to Steeda that will cause suspension bind problems. Has anyone experienced any of this?

Also how is the ride quality? If you have the Steeda or Eibach's post up.

Thanks Mike
Old 3/26/05, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mike,
I installed the Eibach pro-lines earlier this week, I'm very happy with them. It dropped my front 1 1/8" and dropped the back 1 1/2". It doesn’t sound like a lot but man it sure makes the car look different. I love the new look. While the weather here in New York is still iffy I was able to get the car out today for a "test drive".

The springs are stiffer, can feel it in the ride a little (not a major difference though). No binding what so ever.

I also spoke to Steeda before buying springs they told me the same thing, don't drop it more then an inch. While I gave a lot of thought to this I choose to go with the Eibach anyway I personally would not have been happy with just a 3/4 to 1" drop all the way around. I wasn't even sure I would be happy with the Pro's but I am (anyone thinking about the sportlines might want to reconsider; it's going to sit really low with those springs).
I was most concerned with how would it handle after the drop, I worried for nothing. I would recommend these springs to anyone. the car handles even better then before.
The new springs also helped the nosedive during hard braking. If you do lower your car you will need an adjustable Panhard bar. You might want to check out my other link about this issue. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=19722

One other thing; I have not taken the car in for an alignment yet because I have ordered a set of camber adjustments from Kevin (05stangkc) and I'm waiting for them to arrive. I would recommend these as well.

Let me know if you want any other info.

Gordon
Old 3/27/05, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks that is what I was looking for. I just want a good ride still with no problems. These cars look great lowered even with the stock wheels. I'll be ordering a set of springs tomorrow.