05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

There's a whole lotta Shakin going on!

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/06, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gotta love UPS. They always seem to bring me nice things [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] Got my shaker dropped off at around 2pm, by 7pm it was installed. Man this thing looks aweeeeeeeeeeeesomeeee!!!!!!!! The problem is modifying this car is getting addicting [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Next up 20inch rims.

Old 2/11/06, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Awsume!These Stangs look sooooooooo mean with the Shakers.
You got it at 2pm and done at 7pm?Thats dedicated [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 04:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ February 11, 2006, 5:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I gotta love UPS. They always seem to bring me nice things [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] Got my shaker dropped off at around 2pm, by 7pm it was installed. Man this thing looks aweeeeeeeeeeeesomeeee!!!!!!!! The problem is modifying this car is getting addicting [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Next up 20inch rims.

[/b][/quote]

SWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT!!!!!.
Ordering mine this weekend. I also have a vert. I was wondering if it would look as good on a vert as a coupe. I guess the answer is YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ February 11, 2006, 4:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Next up 20inch rims.
[/b][/quote]

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Jason... Your car's looking awesome dude! Shaker looks mean... (5hr install... It would have taken me that long just to get the nerve to cut the hole in my hood)... Love the painted light buckets... I see you got your painted mirrors installed, they look great! Keep up the good work... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

Great looking car!
Old 2/11/06, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shifty @ February 11, 2006, 5:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
What do you mean NO? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spank.gif[/img] 20's would look great! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/12/06, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Love the shaker!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Not a big fan of wheels beyond 18's on these cars - not enough rubber showing for my tastes.

Back to the Shaker - my only pet-peeve about the system is the method of retention of the shaker to the engine. The locator ball is a bit hokey and getting at the front Throttle-body bolts is a royal PITB.
Old 2/12/06, 01:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Got mine on order this morning. Should see it by the end of the week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Also, ordered the honeycomb panel from Silverhorseracing also. Can't wait!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Scott
Old 2/12/06, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very tastefully done!! I think I like the shaker better on a vert for some reason??

And just you wait, "20 inch wheels are rice" comment will be forthcoming by some nice member of this forum........[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/12/06, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nole_trainer @ February 12, 2006, 2:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
And just you wait, "20 inch wheels are rice" comment will be forthcoming by some nice member of this forum........[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Yea Luke, I don't get it either... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I don't understand the logic of why 20" wheels always has somebody commenting the word "rice"... I'd like to see them tell the folks at SALEEN, CERVINIS, SHELBY/WCC, FOOSE, MRT etc. that all of their MUSTANGS are "rice".....
Old 2/12/06, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a big fan of wheels beyond 18's on these cars - not enough rubber showing for my tastes.

I agree!
Old 2/12/06, 02:09 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/12/06, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nole_trainer @ February 12, 2006, 3:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very tastefully done!! I think I like the shaker better on a vert for some reason??

[/b][/quote]

Yeah I know some people will call a car rice with 20's, but to each his own. I like them so I figure I'll put them on. Besides my daily driver is also a rice car, 99 eclipse GSX with 18's and a mild body kit. I tricked it out a little but more tastefully then most others ( as some of the forum members have seen ) so I wont be making fun of someone just because they like certain things. That being said if I see a mustang with big huge stickers, a monster wing and spining wheels I'll be [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spank.gif[/img] or a civic with the huge ugly wing and a fart can exhaust that does no good I'll probably have a little laugh as well.
Old 2/12/06, 06:12 PM
Cobra Member

I think the shaker would look even better with a black stripe or painted to match the car like the mirrors and headlight buckets.
Old 2/12/06, 09:41 PM
Cobra R Member

I like your shaker!! The cost was??
Old 2/12/06, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the SHAKER CLUB!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/12/06, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mongoose @ February 12, 2006, 11:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I like your shaker!! The cost was??
[/b][/quote]

715.00 bucks brand new shipped direct from CDC odd flea bay.
Old 2/13/06, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Love the look of your car. OK now my $0.02. I think the shaker looks rather small in comparison to the hood, maybe a stripe would help define it better? I dont know what you will do in the future, I know that no stripes going on my stang ever, buts thats my preference. Keep up the good work.

Sweet car.
Old 2/13/06, 08:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Jason,

Nice job sand bagging the mods on Saturday. LOL. When I saw your car I was like holy donkey doo [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jaw.gif[/img]

Shaker looks awesome man! (and the rest of the mods too but that's another thread) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

Andy (tricky02GT), I used to think the shaker looked too small for the hood too but that was before I saw one in person. After seeing Jason's CDC shaker in person I can say it looks PERFECT. In fact, if I didn't already have the WMS intake installed I'd probably go for one too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: There's a whole lotta Shakin going on!