05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Stripe Poll!

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/05, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a black V6 with red seats.

im not sure which i should get white stripes, silver stripes, or red stripes.anybody got any pics of these combinations

thanks
Old 10/13/05, 01:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I vote red with red seats white with anything else. Not a big fan of metalics like Silvers on flat cars. I would like Silver on a TG or a MG and visa versa but not on a black. Just MO of course.
Old 10/13/05, 01:59 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome to TMS, Jesse!
First of all, you might want to read the FAQ sticky and find out what to do before posting a new topic: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=2172

Second, the "search" function on this site is very helpful. Use it everytime, you'll most likely find the answers to your questions.

I did a very similar poll a while back. you can find the results and the members' opinions here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=26439&hl=
Old 10/13/05, 07:58 PM
GT Member

First, ill just tell you that I am a huge fan of the white stripes on the black...

But the REAL reason for my post is to BEG AND PLEAD with you.....

PLEASE WHATEVER COLOR YOU CHOOSE....DONT STOP YOUR STRIPES AT THE HOOD AND TRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around my town, all i see are V6's....half of them have racing stripes that do not extend down the front and rear bumpers... I gag and almost vomit everytime i see it. for the money spent, it makes the car look so much worse than before it even had stripes.

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top and whipped cream and a cherry....exptend your stripes down the darn bumpers.
Old 10/13/05, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Gibson@October 13, 2005, 10:01 PM
First, ill just tell you that I am a huge fan of the white stripes on the black...

PLEASE WHATEVER COLOR YOU CHOOSE....DONT STOP YOUR STRIPES AT THE HOOD AND TRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would be a task to find them, maybe someone else remembers the specifics, but there have been deck only stripes (hood and trunk) that were a pair of fat stripes with thin outline stripes that went completely around them. So the stripe did end at the lip of the hood trunk, it ended a few inches sooner and had the thin stripe outlining it.

Looks good.
Old 10/13/05, 10:07 PM
GT Member

I'm not sure I would say the mere lack of a stripe down a front bumper on a sharp Mustang would make me "gag and vomit".
Besides personal preference, the shops I went to with my car didn't think they could get the stripe on with no wrinkles due to the contours of the bumper. They also said if I put the bra on and off very often the vinyl on the bra would scuff.
For now I opted to leave them off. I may change my mind later or I may have them painted on, but in the meantime nobody that I am aware of has gagged or vomited when looking at my car.
Old 10/14/05, 01:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Gibson@October 13, 2005, 7:01 PM

Around my town, all i see are V6's....half of them have racing stripes that do not extend down the front and rear bumpers... I gag and almost vomit everytime i see it. for the money spent, it makes the car look so much worse than before it even had stripes.

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top and whipped cream and a cherry....exptend your stripes down the darn bumpers.
I've yet to see anyone "gag and vomit" at this, but you're entitled to your opinion. On the contrary, most people around here who see my car drool at the sight of it.

But as far as color, Silver looks SWEET on Black! Just MHO.
Old 10/14/05, 05:23 PM
GT Member

I will say that I prefer stripes that go to the road, but I'm running into the same problem of not being able to find a striper who will do it. I think the silver looks great on the black, but I'd put on a red stripe to match the interior (if it were me). In fact, I have white one, and plan to put on a red stripe for that reason.
Old 10/14/05, 07:17 PM

Actually stripes all the way down make my gag... but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mine only cover the top decks and I have not heard a bad word about it. I work at a hospital with over 7000 people and as I am out working people stop me and say - "hey.. your the guy with awesome car".
Old 10/14/05, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Can you post a pic of the rear of your car? The front looks good that way, but I tend to not like the look of the rear. Perhaps you've got it done in a way that I would prefer
Old 10/14/05, 07:33 PM

Here is the only photo I have of the back. I did install them down farther, but did not like it - so I pulled them off. I left just about an inch down the trunk.. just enough so people know they are there. I might add the blackout panel yet.
Old 10/14/05, 09:37 PM
GT Member

This is how I did my car. The stripes look distorted because of the camera angle, but they are evenly spaced all the way down.
Old 10/14/05, 09:38 PM
GT Member

Side shot
Old 10/14/05, 09:40 PM
GT Member

From the back. The shop did a good job on the back, but it took him a couple of days to get it right.
Old 10/15/05, 10:44 AM

I prefer them all the way down to the ground myself. I couldn't have imagined doing it any other way. There's no accounting for taste. Here's mine:
Old 10/18/05, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the Gold ones similar to the old hertz colors. I saw the gold on a black gt and it looked real good. So.....none of the above. It would be a tie with the red or silver. No to white unless it was trimmed in red somehow.
Old 10/19/05, 05:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Rebel73@October 14, 2005, 9:46 PM
I've yet to see anyone "gag and vomit" at this, but you're entitled to your opinion. On the contrary, most people around here who see my car drool at the sight of it.

But as far as color, Silver looks SWEET on Black! Just MHO.
Nice stripe combo there!
I think yours is the only option for stripes which don't go all the way down. I say either do the bumpers completely, or don't touch them at all. I've seen many pics of stripes which only cover the top of the front bumper and they look unfinished.
They look like vinyl, are they from Bob White? Did you install them wet or dry?
Old 10/21/05, 02:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Louie@October 19, 2005, 4:39 AM
Nice stripe combo there!
I think yours is the only option for stripes which don't go all the way down. I say either do the bumpers completely, or don't touch them at all. I've seen many pics of stripes which only cover the top of the front bumper and they look unfinished.
They look like vinyl, are they from Bob White? Did you install them wet or dry?
I used a solution of DAWN and aclohol to moisten first. THen you can move them around. They are the Ford racing stripes I got from the dealer.
Old 10/21/05, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK GUYS:

Here's a tough one. I have a 2006 vista blue gt convertible. What color stripes do i get?????? the interior is dark charcoal and the top is black. Do I have to get black to match the top? would silver or white look good???