05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

To Stripe or Not To Stripe....That is the Question

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/04, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by thegoalie+November 1, 2004, 7:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thegoalie @ November 1, 2004, 7:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 169stang@November 1, 2004, 7:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-thegoalie
@November 1, 2004, 7:22 AM
I wanted stripes for a long time, but then I got to thinking...

I'm just going to let the Mustang speak for itself. This Stang doesn't need non-functional hood scoops or even stripes to stand out. The stripes are just cry for attention. I think I'd be embarassed of them after a year.

PS. Look at the caliber of people who drive cars with stripes. Usually white trash. I don't want to be associated with them.

Man, your opinion of stripes is pretty ridiculous. Before you say, "this is a forum, we are here to speak our opinions." I'm just speaking mine.
Remember that I said that I was seriously considering stripes. And truth be told, I still think they look great if done right.

But like I said, stripes are an overkill. I want to drive a classy sports car, not a fast & furious type thing. And part of being classy is restraint. Restraint to overcome the temptation of adding decals, and hood scoops, and other stickers or plastic parts.

If the car was a weekend fun machine, then maybe I'd get the stripes. But it will be my daily driver. I'm going to show up to work everyday in it. And like I said, it might get embarassing after awhile.

PS. This is a forum, we are here to speak our opinions! [/b][/quote]
It's not about you "wanting stripes for a long time." It's the fact that your ignorant category of people that have stripes are white trash. Your telling those here and those not on this forum that you don't want to be "associated with them" because they have stripes and by having stripes are white trash. It was just an ignorant comment, especially since you've wanted them for a long time.
P.S. Opinions are welcome here, obviously--This is just mine!
Old 11/1/04, 07:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

All I can say to those of you who are dissing the stripes is SHELBY...whether it was the GT350/GT500 Mustangs or the GT40...these cars were striped and my opinion (since we're sharing opinions here) is that they ROCK!!

Oh and by the way I'm a nearly 40, father of two, not a "pimply faced 17 year old". If you truly want a car that says MUSCLE/PONY then stripes get that word out.

You don't have to drive like a racer or answer every rev at a stoplight to appreciate the looks you get (barring those from the Crown Vic driving, men in blue) when your ride looks like a racer. And given the performance credentials on a GT you've more than got the firepower to back it up if you choose to...these aren't "pretender" cars.
Old 11/1/04, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 169stang@November 1, 2004, 8:21 AM
It's not about you "wanting stripes for a long time." It's the fact that your ignorant category of people that have stripes are white trash. Your telling those here and those not on this forum that you don't want to be "associated with them" because they have stripes and by having stripes are white trash. It was just an ignorant comment, especially since you've wanted them for a long time.
I understand that we all have different opinions, but I don't see how my perception of the stripe demographic is ignorant while yours is enlightened.

I don't think that anyone in this forum is white trash. This forum is for Mustang enthusiasts who genuinely appreciate the Mustang for what it is. A true American muscle car.

However Ford sells 150,000 Mustangs per year, and most of them seem to go to redneck racer boys. These are the people who buy the V6, but place a GT badge in the rear. They'll bolt on a plastic crome looking exhaust tip from Walmart. And yes, they'll get their cousin Carmello to apply a couple of stripes for them.

That's what I'm trying to avoid. In a perfect world, these guys wouldn't be allowed to tarnish the Mustang reputation, but they do.

PS. yatta yatta opinions
Old 11/1/04, 07:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by chorpeac@November 1, 2004, 7:45 AM
How do they put the stripes on? Anyone know of the process? I assume those were painted, so do they have to repaint the whole car?

Also, what about a phantom stripes? They are only visible, or really visible under the right light?? Just an idea
I know it took 4.5 hours to install the stripes on the car. The process is not easy it takes a someone that knows what they are doing and a lot if patience. The stripes are vinyl, they are not painted on. They were custom cut to fit the car. You can have pretty much get anything you want done. They are some good picture of some ghost or phamtom stripes on another fourm that I listed " Permier Night at the Ford Dealership". I hope this helps
Old 11/1/04, 07:51 AM

I'm just responding to your comments. If you go back and read what you've written, you should see what I'm saying. If you can't see it, then I understand your frame of mind. You orginally didn't state that you don't like all the extra crap that people put on their cars. Me either. You stated that ...stripes are a cry for attention...embarassed...usually white trash... Anyways, this is like beating a dead horse!
Old 11/1/04, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by thegoalie+November 1, 2004, 8:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thegoalie @ November 1, 2004, 8:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-169stang@November 1, 2004, 8:21 AM
I understand that we all have different opinions, but I don't see how my perception of the stripe demographic is ignorant while yours is enlightened.

I don't think that anyone in this forum is white trash. This forum is for Mustang enthusiasts who genuinely appreciate the Mustang for what it is. A true American muscle car.

However Ford sells 150,000 Mustangs per year, and most of them seem to go to redneck racer boys. These are the people who buy the V6, but place a GT badge in the rear. They'll bolt on a plastic crome looking exhaust tip from Walmart. And yes, they'll get their cousin Carmello to apply a couple of stripes for them.

That's what I'm trying to avoid. In a perfect world, these guys wouldn't be allowed to tarnish the Mustang reputation, but they do.

PS. yatta yatta opinions [/b][/quote]
Still, I gotta agree that your stereotyping is a clean and clear display of your ignorance. Plus, ..... how many rednecks have cousins named Carmello? Billy-bob, sure, but Carmello?

But, since you've obviously done your research on what types of people buy the V6s and what type buy GTs and who has stripes, etc. Thanks for the heads up.
:scratch:
I think I'll get stripes now.
Old 11/1/04, 08:00 AM
V6 Member

Here are some rear end pictures of the car before and after the stripes were added to the Mustang
Old 11/1/04, 08:01 AM
V6 Member

And after.......
Old 11/1/04, 08:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Who cares what someone else thinks if you like stripes put them on if you are so concerned about what others think lock your self in your room and hide from others.
Old 11/1/04, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by afcop13@November 1, 2004, 9:02 AM
Plus, ..... how many rednecks have cousins named Carmello? Billy-bob, sure, but Carmello?
Way to stick with the issue

169Stang is right, this is getting repetative and pointless.
Old 11/1/04, 08:59 AM

no matter what i know my Black GT will have silver racing stripes B)
Old 11/1/04, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Sliver GT+November 1, 2004, 8:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sliver GT @ November 1, 2004, 8:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chorpeac@November 1, 2004, 7:45 AM
How do they put the stripes on? Anyone know of the process? I assume those were painted, so do they have to repaint the whole car?

Also, what about a phantom stripes? They are only visible, or really visible under the right light?? Just an idea
I know it took 4.5 hours to install the stripes on the car. The process is not easy it takes a someone that knows what they are doing and a lot if patience. The stripes are vinyl, they are not painted on. They were custom cut to fit the car. You can have pretty much get anything you want done. They are some good picture of some ghost or phamtom stripes on another fourm that I listed " Permier Night at the Ford Dealership". I hope this helps [/b][/quote]
Dude those Ghost stripes are the bomb! I really want that on my car. But it would have to be painted. What color would be a cool phantom color on Silver?
Old 11/1/04, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

To each their own, I guess.

When I think of stripes I think of Shelby Mustangs.

Anyway, when we each get our cars, we can do whatever we please with them, since we are paying for them.

Whoever did the stripe job on that car did an awesome job and I look forward to having the exact same thing done to my 05 stang when I get it. Well except for the side stripes those I am not a big fan of.

I always thought Carmello was more of a Spanish or Italian name. J/K
Old 11/1/04, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by chorpeac+November 1, 2004, 10:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chorpeac @ November 1, 2004, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sliver GT@November 1, 2004, 8:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-chorpeac
@November 1, 2004, 7:45 AM

I know it took 4.5 hours to install the stripes on the car. The process is not easy it takes a someone that knows what they are doing and a lot if patience. The stripes are vinyl, they are not painted on. They were custom cut to fit the car. You can have pretty much get anything you want done. They are some good picture of some ghost or phamtom stripes on another fourm that I listed " Permier Night at the Ford Dealership". I hope this helps
Dude those Ghost stripes are the bomb! I really want that on my car. But it would have to be painted. What color would be a cool phantom color on Silver? [/b][/quote]

A darker shade of silver ofcourse.

Or a very light blue.
Old 11/1/04, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh very true...darker grey, or light blue...ok...I wish there were some pictures...
Old 11/1/04, 10:39 AM

I think those before and after shots sell those stripes. I'm just not sure what color would look best with Legend Lime. Maybe black to go with the charcoal interior?
and I don't think you're white trash Steve or Amy!
Old 11/1/04, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

Thankyou.... . Personally, I like the stripes. My guess is that Ford does also, because of the Mustang at the Detroit International Car Show had them this year. It won everyones hearts and the passion to own one of these cars. Infact, I hear that the concept 2005 Mustang was not going to look anything like this one. Ford quickly buried that concept and made the current production one. THANKS FORD for listening to the public .
Old 11/1/04, 11:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A posted a link asking for some help. Here it is...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=8427

I need dimensions of the car so I can create my own stripe package. Once I have it created I can send the file to anyone that wants it. You can then take the file to any local sign shop and they can cut the stripes for you.
Old 11/1/04, 11:30 AM
V6 Member

I just called Bryan at The Graphix Factory. He will sell anyone the complete set of stripes for $275.00 plus $10.00 S/H. He also takes paypal.....
Old 11/1/04, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone have any pictures of a Redfire car (any year) with Black stripes? Any other colors that have traditionally gone on Redfire (as far as stripes go)?

Quick Reply: To Stripe or Not To Stripe....That is the Question