05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Stripe Kits!

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/06, 12:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello there. Does anyone know of any good stripe kits for the 06. I like the wider style like the older mustangs. Also want it to go full length of car, bumpers etc. not like ford offers, that only touch hood etc. Or did all of you just have them custom made by a shop. If so are there any peeps in here in st. louis area that have done it. Please any recommendations. I am thinking of doing it, just doing some research on what is and isnt good vinyl striping etc.
Old 1/6/06, 02:00 PM
GT Member

I had mine done at a custom shop. I haven't seen any kits that cover bumper to bumper like mine does.

-TRB
Old 1/6/06, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought mine from Baltimore Street Mods for $110.00 and installed them myself... I don't think you can buy a better quality kit on the market... Each and every piece was cut to perfection... Dealing with Rob (I assume he's the owner) was a pleasure... He is completely courteous and professional... If you have a question or a problem, he is there to help you...Good luck and enjoy!

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/
Old 1/6/06, 05:10 PM
V6 Member

Any vinyl sign shop can make you up some in whatever design/size you want. I had these made at a small shop and I love it..
Old 1/7/06, 12:32 AM
Cobra R Member

u got stang, thank you so much for that site. Have not been able to find anything precut that went the full length of the car. This looks like it shoud do nicely. Wish I could do them a little wider, like 12" , i may have to try and call them to see if they can. I have a metallic redfire gt, can I please get some opinions on the colors most would pick for redfire. That link also has a color chart. Any opinions much appreciated. I first saw a weird orange with a photochop on this site before with the stripe maker utility, and thought it actually looked awesome. But then I think black or silver possibly. Not sure what will look good on redfire as I havent really seen any around town that have had nice striping.
Old 1/7/06, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Try the following site to see different color options:

Stripe Painter: http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html

You can also look at the following forum topic or similar ones in the "My '05 (redfire)" section:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26004
Old 1/7/06, 09:14 AM
GT Member

I'm interested on putting on stripes also. When people say to have them clearcoated to increase their longevity, do they mean before or after installation?
Old 1/7/06, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05 cayuse@January 7, 2006, 11:17 AM
I'm interested on putting on stripes also. When people say to have them clearcoated to increase their longevity, do they mean before or after installation?
You don't clearcoat vinyl stripes! When people talk about clearcoating stripes, they mean painted ones... I'm not a painter, but IMO the primary purpose of clearcoating painted stripes is to give them the same type of glossy shine that a factory clearcoat paint job would have and to make the paint job feel smooth... Basically, if you ran your hand across the stripe, you wouldn't notice a difference between the stripe and original factory paint...

As for the longevity of a vinyl stripe, most will say approximately 7 years....
Old 1/7/06, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

Try this guy out http://stores.ebay.com/High-Performance-Decals I ordered a rear blackout panel from him, and although I have yet to put it on, the quality looks great. Also was a pleasure doing business with and well priced. I love this stripe set he's got on sale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-06-FOR...97667QQtcZphoto
Old 1/7/06, 03:18 PM
Cobra R Member

ok seems like i found a couple of places with decent kits now. I think i like the dark charcoal metallic with redfire. Now I am unsure as if I want 10 or 12 inch stripes, both look awesome. the 8" are way too small. What are the dimensions of the 60's mustang stripes, does anyone know. Thanks for all your help everyone.
Old 1/9/06, 07:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
here ya go.

[attachmentid=42521]
Old 1/9/06, 11:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Well thank you all for your help and suggestions. I decided to go with baltimore street mods. I like the options in colors they had and pricing etc. I decided to go with satin silver stripes on my metallic redfire gt. I liked both the satin silver and the dark charcoal look. But since I have the IUP I went with satin silver to tie all the interior parts, polished bullets/ and future billet parts I will be adding. The satin silver is more in your face than the darker charcoal colored. So thank you all again. I have already got a guy to do them in town. So I will definitely post when I recieve and finish them. Thanks again.