05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Street Scene ducktail installed...

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/05, 07:57 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great. I want to eventually get a ducktail as well just wish I could have ordered my car without the factory spoiler.
Old 5/29/05, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks

I've always liked the Duck Tail, sense one was on my 68 California Special.
Old 5/29/05, 09:21 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ian right there is what you call sex on wheels
Old 5/29/05, 02:27 PM
FR500 Member

Dave and John... I know what you mean about the factory spoiler holes. My advice to you is save up and have your trunk holes welded and have the trunk repainted. Spend the extra money to have it look right. Trust me... it's worth it. It costed me $250 for that, plus the ducktail was about $300 shipped, and then $187 to have it painted and striped. So, about $750 all together... but well worth the money IMO. If you don't wanna spend that kinda cash... wait for the Shelby ducktail to come out... supposedly it covers the factory holes (I could be wrong) and it looks pretty cool.

Originally posted by kellera6+May 29, 2005, 8:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kellera6 @ May 29, 2005, 8:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Great install job! It looks like it sits very flush on the bottom edge where it meets the bumper. It's actually is a little raised above the bumper edge, right?
[/b]

Thanks. It sits VERY flush. It just sticks up the width of the plastic... which might be a 16th of an inch. It's not like some of the CDC pics I've seen where it's sticking up right there by the bumper. And that area actually has a lip on it, so the fender actually sits "in" it and makes it look even more flush. Since there is 3M tape all around the perimeter of all 3 pieces, it's never gonna stick up. I took the car up to about 135 earlier today and had no problems. And I haven't even screwed it down with the supplied "oiptional" screws... although I might when I have the time. Not like I think it'll need them... but just for security issues.

<!--QuoteBegin-Big D
@May 29, 2005, 10:24 AM
Ian right there is what you call sex on wheels
[/quote]
I couldn't agree more. I think my wife is actually getting jealous when I take her out now.
Old 5/29/05, 02:30 PM
GT Member

Great pics-thanks.
Old 5/29/05, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I like the lip better on yours more than mine but I like the no 3rd brakelight better on the CDC. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Street Scenes or the CDC spoiler. It all depends on what you like better. Nice job Ian!
Old 5/29/05, 05:38 PM
FR500 Member

Some people like the third brake light... some don't. I like the stock third brake light myself, and that was the main reason I chose the SS ducktail. And as you can see from the pics, it really looks good how Street Scene did it.
Old 5/29/05, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the SS ducktail but I was wondering if they were going to make one without the 3rd brake light. I was just wondering becuase when the glassback comes out I belive that has an integrated brakelight and I have to have a glassback. It is the coolest thing ever.
Old 5/29/05, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

At this point I dont see us making one without the third brake light. Thats the nice thing about aftermarket accessores and compitition. You get to choose from a couple of diffrent styles- thats what makes your car individual. Its your taste. We are working on a deck spoiler now that covers the stock holes. Its not a duck tail wing. Its a completely diffrent look. More to come....
Old 5/29/05, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@May 29, 2005, 8:16 PM
At this point I dont see us making one without the third brake light. Thats the nice thing about aftermarket accessores and compitition. You get to choose from a couple of diffrent styles- thats what makes your car individual. Its your taste. We are working on a deck spoiler now that covers the stock holes. Its not a duck tail wing. Its a completely diffrent look. More to come....

Mike ,
Do you know of anyone on-line that has pricing on the gen 2 windows louvers yet?
Old 5/29/05, 09:30 PM
FR500 Member

I'm not sure if Mike is gonna want to single out a particular distributor. He's got to stay neautral, being the manufacturer. But, I can tell you that I got my Street Scene ducktail from www.musclecardirect.com for a great deal, and they have the SSE generation 2 louvers for just under $160. Tell Frank that Ian sent you. He's a good guy, and I recommend him and his company.
Old 5/29/05, 10:00 PM
FR500 Member

Ian, your car is looking great all the way around. Nice install.
Old 5/29/05, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@May 29, 2005, 9:33 PM
I'm not sure if Mike is gonna want to single out a particular distributor. He's got to stay neautral, being the manufacturer. But, I can tell you that I got my Street Scene ducktail from www.musclecardirect.com for a great deal, and they have the SSE generation 2 louvers for just under $160. Tell Frank that Ian sent you. He's a good guy, and I recommend him and his company.

Acadian,
Thanks for the info!!!!

By the way your car looks Great! Keep up the great work.
My understanding is the ducktail can be put on with just tape or with the tape and some screws? is this correct?
When you installed yours how did you attach it, and are you confident that it will stay in place?
Old 5/30/05, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford Racing- What Acadian said is correct and is a great source. If you would like other options for distributors, you can call our toll free line tomorrow at 888 477 0707. Debbie, Jim or Kat can give you a list of other distributors to try. You might also pick up any Mustang enthusiast magazine to see who advertises Street Scene. Other than that, I have to stay neautral. The Gen 2 louvers are on our shelves now so they can be delievered right away. Thanks for your interest!
Old 5/30/05, 11:59 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by FordRacing@May 29, 2005, 11:28 PM
Acadian,
Thanks for the info!!!!

By the way your car looks Great! Keep up the great work.
My understanding is the ducktail can be put on with just tape or with the tape and some screws? is this correct?
When you installed yours how did you attach it, and are you confident that it will stay in place?
Thanks, Gordon. I installed mine only with the 3M tape. It goes all the way around the perimeter. It holds real strong. I took the car up to about 135 and it did fine. I pulled on it a little when I got home and it was as tight as it was before I left. There are 4 screws (two for the middle piece and one each for the side pieces) and I will probably go ahead and put those in. Not because I'm afraid of it coming off, but maybe someone trying to take it off.
Old 5/30/05, 01:46 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
acadian, your car has a great butt! SS and CDC have the best 2 DT's, I'm impressed with yours. Nice Job!
Old 5/30/05, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Look's real clean , nice job!
Old 5/30/05, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

"Thanks, Gordon. I installed mine only with the 3M tape. It goes all the way around the perimeter. It holds real strong. I took the car up to about 135 and it did fine. I pulled on it a little when I got home and it was as tight as it was before I left. There are 4 screws (two for the middle piece and one each for the side pieces) and I will probably go ahead and put those in. Not because I'm afraid of it coming off, but maybe someone trying to take it off. "

To be read in a lawyer’s voice: The comments made by Acadian regarding exceeding the recommended speed limit are his own. Street Scene does not condone nor endorse exceeding the recommended speed limits posted by law. His ability to do 135 miles per hour with the Street Scene Duck tail are his own. Though using a Street Scene Duck tail will add performance to your vehicle, we do not recommend that you try this at home. Only a professional driver on a closed road course should try this. Street Scene also recommends that anyone driving a Chevy not try this....
Old 5/30/05, 08:20 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks, Vegasjay.

And Mike... hilarious, bro. I should have ended my post with, "professional driver (not!) on closed course (NOT!)". And maybe, "don't try this at home".
Old 5/31/05, 06:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Awesome ducktail. I wish I would have gone spoiler delete now. Oh well.....

Quick Reply: Street Scene ducktail installed...