Search this Thread

Old 7/9/05, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sign me up!
Old 7/9/05, 09:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mike, I too want to know if your planning to sell the grill with the tribar pnly logo off to the drivers side of the car. If you aren't, would there be any way to put that logo on the car somehow? Let me know as I am going to order an '06, and this really interests me once I get the Shelby Stripes put on the car.
Old 7/9/05, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

opps - double post :scratch: .
Old 7/9/05, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

So many questions! I may have not made myself clear on this one. This is a diffrent grille than the one we showed before. We will be making three diffrent styles of grilles. The first one I showed is the 6 cylinder to GT conversion kit. Its made for the 6 cylinder. It puts GT lights in the stock GT position. The one I just posted above is for the GT- it moves the lights on the stock GT to the center position. You can mount any logo you want on it - it should be pretty easy. Im not sure if we will be offering the logos yet- this requires Ford licencing. The lights on both of these models stick out the same amount as the stock GT lights. We already offer matching lower grilles for both the stock front end and the Street Scene front end. We offer these in every grade of material. Black powder coat, black chrome, brushed alumimum and chrome.
Old 7/9/05, 12:44 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@July 9, 2005, 11:33 AM
So many questions! I may have not made myself clear on this one. This is a diffrent grille than the one we showed before. We will be making three diffrent styles of grilles. The first one I showed is the 6 cylinder to GT conversion kit. Its made for the 6 cylinder. It puts GT lights in the stock GT position. The one I just posted above is for the GT- it moves the lights on the stock GT to the center position. You can mount any logo you want on it - it should be pretty easy. Im not sure if we will be offering the logos yet- this requires Ford licencing. The lights on both of these models stick out the same amount as the stock GT lights. We already offer matching lower grilles for both the stock front end and the Street Scene front end. We offer these in every grade of material. Black powder coat, black chrome, brushed alumimum and chrome.
Know of anywhere in Canada that I can order the lower black powder coat grill for my GT street scene kit? The distributor that I got my kit from doesn't carry them.
Old 7/9/05, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Adrenalin- He should be able to special order it for you and drop ship it directly to you. We normally have them on the shelf so its an easy drop ship. If he wont do it, call us at 888 477 0707 and talk to our customer service department. Im sure we can find someone who will do it. I know we can handle the customs paperwork. We do it all the time.
Old 7/9/05, 01:01 PM
I talk to cones.

Sounds, excellent now only one problem money
Old 7/9/05, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@July 8, 2005, 10:51 PM
Must have it now! Mike, is there a pre order list I can get on? Thank's for the sneak peak.

I 2nd this...

Mike, Can you tell me is the grill pictured the black power coat or the black chrome?
Old 7/9/05, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kevin,
Any work on if you are selling these yet?
Old 7/9/05, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

actually, we just spray painted the proto-type black! We had the grille shell done and the first press done on the grille inserts, so Friday I just took a can of paint and painted the grille shell and inserts. I had several PM e-mails asking me to post something as soon as I had it so thats what you got! I also wanted to do a fit check to make sure everything was going to work before we sent them off to production. The real stuff will be a little cleaner..
Old 7/9/05, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, so is there anywhere we can pre-order so I can have one of the firsts ones???
Do you have final pricing yet?

Mike thanks so much for the update on this, as you know I've been waiting on this since I first saw it.
By the way I mocked up my SS front fascia today, Monday it goes to the painter.
I was also playing around with colors for stripes

[attachmentid=26837]
Old 7/10/05, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

There are several street scene distributors you can pre-order this from. If you pre-order you will be on the first production run. KC just became a street scene distributor. ( hes on this sight all the time) Or, you can call our toll free number at 888 477 0707. Also, Muscle Car Direct and Street Beat already have these items up on their web sight. They can also quote you the price.
Old 7/10/05, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Have you toyed with the idea of lacing the foglights just on the outside of where the pony is? To me, it just doesn't look right without the pony emblem. But my opinion is pretty useless seeing as I don't even see the possibility of getting a stang in the foreseeable future
Old 7/10/05, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

We did look at moving the lights out a little but there were two things keeping us from doing that. A) it just didnt look right and B) there isnt a lot of room to move them out. The radiator core support gets in the way of the back of the fog lights. They have to be pretty far out like they are factory or in where we have them. When you move them in where we have them, its really tight.
Old 7/10/05, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

Didn't see an answer: From my limited knowledge of other states' laws, I don't think this setup is legal anywhere in the USA.

Is it?
Old 7/10/05, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

Although the kit is nice and I definetely want it, it's kind of pricey.... $289.00.
Old 7/10/05, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Agreed, it needs something more to not make it lok so plain jane.

Matt
Old 7/11/05, 08:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I would really like it if Street Scene designed both that grill and the lower grill for the body kit with the large honeycomb pattern of the factory grill. I have decided to pass on ordering both of these because after looking at several honda's on the weekend they do look too much like the grills on those cars. To rice-ish for me I guess.
Old 7/11/05, 12:12 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 11, 2005, 9:50 AM
I would really like it if Street Scene designed both that grill and the lower grill for the body kit with the large honeycomb pattern of the factory grill. I have decided to pass on ordering both of these because after looking at several honda's on the weekend they do look too much like the grills on those cars. To rice-ish for me I guess.
Some of the older Shelby grilles, like the one in '68 pictured below, had fine honeycomb mesh. I personally think the mesh on the new SSE grille looks good. I'd really like to see the lower grille on that legend lime GT as well, to see what it would look like with both grilles on (with the stock bumper). And I would definitely add on my own grille emblem like some have mentioned.
Old 7/11/05, 01:40 PM
Retired Tms Staff

ah, see there you go again, changing my mind

Quick Reply: street scene center light mount grille shell