05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Spray on clear bra's do they really work???

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/06, 08:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spray on clear bra's do they really work???

I've seen several "spray on" clear bras/paint protection products at places like kragens and autozone my question is do they really work? I don't want it for the whole I just want to use it on a cdc chin spoiler. Tks in advance.
Old 9/21/06, 09:35 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I bought some but can't find it so I've never used it.
They warn you not to leave it on for more than 3 days, BTW.
Old 9/21/06, 11:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried some stuff that is made by RainX I think, it's a bug shield and it sprays on clear (clear enough anyway) It says it will wash off with water and/or last for about 2 weeks. The bugs stick to it and not the paint, then when you wash it off the bugs just fall off. It seems to work pretty well so far, (only had it on for a few days). I drive so much at night that it was worth it for me.
It does make the finish look a little dull, it is not shiny like the untreated portions, but I just use it on the bumpers and headlight covers and you can't tell unless you look at it closely, or feel it. It has a slightly rough textured feel. Again, for $5 and the ease of use, it's worth it to me.
Old 9/21/06, 11:56 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds like it's a lot better than the stuff I bought. (Duplicolor)
Old 9/21/06, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=20264

Black and it peels off

Useful Instructions:
Spray-On Bra creates an airtight, waterproof barrier. Make sure the surface to be protected is clean and dry before use. To start, mask off sections that are not to be coated. Apply Spray-On Bra in the shade at cool temperatures, if possible out of direct wind and in a well ventilated area. Shake the container well and often during use. Spray approximately 6-10 inches form surface being treated using overlapping layers until the entire area is covered. For maximum protection a film thickness of 1/8 inch is recommended. Remove masking shortly after application. Spray-On Bra is dry to the touch in 15 minutes and fully cured in 90 minutes.
Removal:
Peel up an edge of the film from the surface and pull up sections as desired. After removing, dispose of properly in trash bin. Reapply when needed.
Old 9/21/06, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have been testing and have just brought to Market a brush-on CLEAR polymer coating that WORKS!! You will be hearing alot about this product in the coming weeks. I call it "AutoMask" and have tested it on all of my cars for 8 months and IT FLAT WORKS!! GO TO: www.automasksite.com for more info (you need quicktime to watch the videos)
Old 9/22/06, 02:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

tks for the info
Old 9/22/06, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LBJay

Originally Posted by griots garage
One can covers about 12 square feet
That means you will not get more than 2 applications on a standard car for $19.99. With a spray-on product like Duplicolor or Griots Spray On Bra you have to mask the whole front of the car...very time consuming. With my Product www.automasksite.com you only outline the area to be protected with masking tape and brush it on with a foam brush--each coat takes about 5 minutes. The cost is $19.99 a quart which will get you 5 applications (3 coats each) on a average car.