05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/13, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoilers

Want to add a front spoiler to my 05, anyone have opinions on best ones? Seems like there are a million different ones out there.

When you guys run into this, who is the default seller you go with? Such as American Muscle? CJs, Steeda? In otherwords, who has the prices and the Rep?
Old 4/25/13, 06:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
You can purchase from us ... manufacturer direct ... and get the support and customer service that has made us very reputable in the industry.

Which item are you looking at?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 4/25/13, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ledhed
Want to add a front spoiler to my 05, anyone have opinions on best ones? Seems like there are a million different ones out there.

When you guys run into this, who is the default seller you go with? Such as American Muscle? CJs, Steeda? In otherwords, who has the prices and the Rep?
We can definitely get you set up with a front chin spoiler for your 2005 Mustang! There's a couple different options out there, our most popular set ups are the Pre-Painted Spoiler and the CDC Classic Chin Spoiler! In my opinion you can't really go wrong, they're both going to look awesome on your S197.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. We also offer Free Standard shipping and a 6% forums exclusive discount for all active posting members with a minimum of 50 post! I just sent you this code over just in case you need it.

Here's a little eye candy for you:

Pre Painted Chin Spoiler

CDC Classic Chin Spoiler

-Dan
Old 4/25/13, 08:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

CDC aggressive is what I went with bc I thought it looked the best. But here's what I've discovered and why I wouldn't do it again...

You have to cut bars at the bottom of your stock bumper, pretty much ensuring if the chin gets torn off or beat up or you just want to change it you can't bc it's changed your stock fascia so much. It looks great but this is a big downside. You basically have to buy a new bumper if you ever want to change it, so that's up to you.

The CDC classic and 3d carbon both keep the stock lower grille (you can add a billet lower grille if you want at that point). But with the aggressive there is no grille made. Some have made their own grille, but it pretty much just keeps things from flying into the gaping hole it leaves with the aggressive. I wish mine matched my upper billet grille, but the bottom doesn't look terrible. I have had a couple people ask why there's a big hole and if there's something missing.

Installation is much easier and cleaner on the other two.

The aggressive is lower and longer than the classic, and I want to go with the slammed look, but im going to have to be overly conscious of it now.

In the end, the classic is easier, cleaner, looks about the same and costs about the same price if I'm remembering correctly. Also you can paint it to look almost like the cs front bumper.

So that's what I know. I love what I have and how it looks, but I would have gone a different route if I had another chance.
Attached Thumbnails Spoilers-image-4881033.jpg   Spoilers-image-2953434153.jpg  
Old 4/25/13, 09:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
CDC aggressive is what I went with bc I thought it looked the best. But here's what I've discovered and why I wouldn't do it again...

You have to cut bars at the bottom of your stock bumper, pretty much ensuring if the chin gets torn off or beat up or you just want to change it you can't bc it's changed your stock fascia so much. It looks great but this is a big downside. You basically have to buy a new bumper if you ever want to change it, so that's up to you.

The CDC classic and 3d carbon both keep the stock lower grille (you can add a billet lower grille if you want at that point). But with the aggressive there is no grille made. Some have made their own grille, but it pretty much just keeps things from flying into the gaping hole it leaves with the aggressive. I wish mine matched my upper billet grille, but the bottom doesn't look terrible. I have had a couple people ask why there's a big hole and if there's something missing.

Installation is much easier and cleaner on the other two.

The aggressive is lower and longer than the classic, and I want to go with the slammed look, but im going to have to be overly conscious of it now.

In the end, the classic is easier, cleaner, looks about the same and costs about the same price if I'm remembering correctly. Also you can paint it to look almost like the cs front bumper.

So that's what I know. I love what I have and how it looks, but I would have gone a different route if I had another chance.
Love this car! I've always wanted a chin spoiler like that but I'd be afraid to drive it after the instal. Especially from the rain gutters that are built into my driveway.
Old 4/25/13, 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

I believe this is the cervini's B-2 spoiler.This pic is from a guy here.
https://themustangsource.com/attachm...ach1-image.jpg
Old 4/25/13, 10:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio

Love this car! I've always wanted a chin spoiler like that but I'd be afraid to drive it after the instal. Especially from the rain gutters that are built into my driveway.
Thanks man! Luckily my driveway is long and level haha
Old 4/25/13, 02:30 PM

Thanks guys! Leaning toward the CDC classic, it looks a little more flexible and will match nicely as-is with my silver coupe. I has kindof come down to shipping rates, alltho JEGS has one at $149, shipped $172 but Im a hair bit suspicious, cause it's 40-50 under everybody else? http://www.jegs.com/i/Classic+Design...10020/10002/-1
Old 4/25/13, 07:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Dunno about jegs, but got mine painted for $100. They also put some flex agent in it or paint that will give a little. Works good!