05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Splash guards are worth the money

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/06, 08:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
Just get them from your local dealer. Even if they charge you list price, it would be better than getting jerked around by that other dealership.

And most of the time your local dealer can get parts in a few days and don't charge you shipping.

No doubt, I wish I would've done so.
Old 11/30/06, 08:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
No doubt, I wish I would've done so.
Theres a cat selling the 2007 Shelby Cobra 500 GT splash guards Ford OEM for 25.00 + shipping on Ebay ... I ordered a set !
Old 11/30/06, 08:20 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You do realize they only fit on the GT500 and GT/CS rear bumper cover, don't you?
Old 11/30/06, 08:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You do realize they only fit on the GT500 and GT/CS rear bumper cover, don't you?
...really!
Old 11/30/06, 08:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Read this Stangnut!!!
auction is for a NEW OEM pair of Ford factory rear splash guards (mud flaps) for the new 2007 Shelby GT500 (Cobra or SVT). They will also fit the 2005-2007 Mustang GT, as well as the upcoming Shelby GT. I don't know at this time if they will fit the V-6 models.
They attach with a metal clip and the 2 factory screws already on the cars. Simply remove the screws, snap on the guards with the clip, line up the holes in the guards to the factory holes and reinsert the screws. If you use a small ratchet you won't even have to remove the rear tires.
These splash guards are needed because the S197 Mustangs kick up a lot of mud and water onto the lower rear quarter panel. I found the factory splash guards I bought in the aftermarket to be just TOO wide and not as low profile as these. They will come in the original, unopened Ford packaging. Check out my other items! I will be selling additional pairs of these until they
Old 11/30/06, 09:18 PM

Well, good luck with that. Maybe you'll be the first person to have them on a GT rear bumper.

From what I can tell, the GT splash guards needs a little corner cut into to fit around the lower lip on the GT bumper. The GT500 bumper is smooth and logic would tell me it's splash guard is too. Anyone have a good picture of the GT500 splash guards before they are installed? The pic in the eBay auction you won don't show them very well.
Attached Images    
Old 11/30/06, 09:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Depending on the look I think in the end it will really justify the means here ! I most likely will get some but not sure which ones will look best, I was blasted for door guards on my Mustang and Yup they have saved me a couple and even while sitting in it . I just got up and blasted them , So I'd rather use them then suffer , then again it depends where one lives and the crap that gets left on the road ways ?
Old 11/30/06, 09:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well, good luck with that. Maybe you'll be the first person to have them on a GT rear bumper.

From what I can tell, the GT splash guards needs a little corner cut into to fit around the lower lip on the GT bumper. The GT500 bumper is smooth and logic would tell me it's splash guard is too. Anyone have a good picture of the GT500 splash guards before they are installed? The pic in the eBay auction you won don't show them very well.
Hey!..Stangnut I realize the the difference in the rear bumper ! First thing there advertised as fitting the 05-07 GT ! second thing depending on how the recess on the guards made they may fit! third it wont be hard to tell if there going to fit once I see them in the flesh! and if not I WILL RETURN THEM! Nothing ventured in life! nothing gained in life!...
Old 11/30/06, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey!..Stangnut I realize the the difference in the rear bumper ! First thing there advertised as fitting GT ! second thing depending on how the recess on the guards made they may fit! third it wont be hard to tell if there going to fit once I see them in the flesh! and if not I WILL RETURN THEM! Nothing ventured in life! nothing gained in life!...
Hey look. No need to get upset and use all the exclamation points. (those usually mean yelling)

If they work, great. If they don't, fine. Hopefully you'll only be out the amount of shipping. I wasn't slamming you for buying them. Just pointing out the obvious because, believe it or not, some people on eBay know almost nothing about what they're selling, and (gasp) some even lie.
Old 11/30/06, 10:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey look. No need to get upset and use all the exclamation points. (those usually mean yelling)

If they work, great. If they don't, fine. Hopefully you'll only be out the amount of shipping. I wasn't slamming you for buying them. Just pointing out the obvious because, believe it or not, some people on eBay know almost nothing about what they're selling, and (gasp) some even lie.
As in your statement pointing out the obvious! if something is obvious it doesn't need pointing out ! and now your explaining peoples selling practices on Ebay! Do you think your the only person thats ever bought or sold anything on ebay! .. Gee! Stangnut you kinda come off as a negitive know it all !! and a little wet behind the ears!!
Old 11/30/06, 10:05 PM

Like I said, Good Luck.
Old 11/30/06, 10:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Like I said, Good Luck.
Thanks Stangnut! I appreciate your sincerity and since of brotherhood!.. if they work Ill post pics but since the fact that I have the CSGT rear bumper on on my GT I don't think Ill have a problem!
Old 11/30/06, 10:30 PM

Thanks Stangnut! I appreciate your sincerity and since of brotherhood!.. if they work Ill post
pics but since the fact that I have the CS-GTH rear bumper on on my GT I don't think Ill have a
problem!
Old 12/1/06, 01:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They attach with a metal clip and the 2 factory screws already on the cars. Simply remove the screws, snap on the guards with the clip, line up the holes in the guards to the factory holes and reinsert the screws.
What is this metal clip they're talking about?

Mike E
Old 12/1/06, 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As in your statement pointing out the obvious! if something is obvious it doesn't need pointing out ! and now your explaining peoples selling practices on Ebay! Do you think your the only person thats ever bought or sold anything on ebay! .. Gee! Stangnut you kinda come off as a negitive know it all !! and a little wet behind the ears!!
I think he was only trying to help you out there dude. No need to get bent out of shape.
Old 12/1/06, 06:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I think he was only trying to help you out there dude. No need to get bent out of shape.
Really dude ! you must be Stangnuts big sister!
Old 12/1/06, 07:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mikeelia
What is this metal clip they're talking about?

Mike E
I don't no! I thought it be might be kinda interesting to see what they look like! But no more than they cost I thought I would take look at them!
Old 12/1/06, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Old 12/1/06, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

StangNut, are those the Ford molded pieces? They look good, I think I'll get me a set. Don't worry about the exclamation point guy. His haphazzard use of punctuation in no way represents the general population of Illinois.
Old 12/1/06, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Stangnut! I appreciate your sincerity and since of brotherhood!.. if they work Ill post pics but since the fact that I have the CSGT rear bumper on on my GT I don't think Ill have a problem!
blkstang06: Let me know how they fit. I have the GT\CS and I am looking to get a set. Post some pics when you get the installed. For that price you can't go wrong, unless of course they do not fit. Good luck and keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Splash guards are worth the money