05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

*Some Cool New Pic's....

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/06, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't express what I felt when I first read the "rice" comment. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img] It was like someone had sucker punched a member of my family. What nerve! I was gratified when the family came to the rescue. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] There is not a grain of rice on that car, probably my favorite on this site. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flag2.gif[/img] Justin, you gave me the courage to add my own snakes in spite of what others thought, and I've never regretted it. You are one of the leaders in modding this car and helping others, and an asset to this site. It wouldn't be any fun if we all agreed on everthything. Our different ideas are what make this forum so great, but if you can't be nice about it, you shouldn't be allowed to post. We may not all have the same ideas about what is cool, but don't mess with Brad's kids! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bat.gif[/img]

Hey, anyone: How about those black deep-dish on my sonic? Whadya think?
Old 2/9/06, 08:48 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 8, 2006, 8:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've been playing around with my Kodak program.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] The Saleen goes on this weekend!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Darn I want that hood so bad!! Is that hood functional? If not, can it be easily made to be functional?

Also, can anyone post a link to the hood on Vegas's car? Thanks.
Old 2/9/06, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Fully functional, MSP, but not without a CAI. I love the hood. RKSport
Old 2/9/06, 08:57 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(korinwoodo @ February 9, 2006, 9:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know. I am pretty sure I can read, but if this post has nothing to do with what I am replying to then I suppose I can't read, but if it does, then [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] . Whatever man, if I have to think too much to understang a post, then I dont, if I got your panties in a wad, sorry, if not, sorry. Have a nice forum experience and what not.

Justin
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
No problem, no wads, just frustrated for being slammed with poo when trying to defend vegas. Its all good. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(S197 GT @ February 9, 2006, 7:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Justin, where can I find those BFGoodrich's for the best price? Mustang Tuning doesn't sell them with tires right?
[/b][/quote]

I got my tires at a local Discount tires../They gave me a pretty good deal, it was around $950 w/road hazard. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 9, 2006, 7:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Justin, your car is looking sweet as usual. I can't wait to see the scoops on her. I am just finishing painting my scoops as well. Of course, I got no car to put 'em on. In about 3 weeks I'll be posting some pics of my car with it's facelift. By then, you should have yours looking even better. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Ian [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Which front end/hood did you go with? I hope you get her on the road soon bro...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(backafter20 @ February 9, 2006, 7:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can't express what I felt when I first read the "rice" comment. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img] It was like someone had sucker punched a member of my family. What nerve! I was gratified when the family came to the rescue. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] There is not a grain of rice on that car, probably my favorite on this site. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flag2.gif[/img] Justin, you gave me the courage to add my own snakes in spite of what others thought, and I've never regretted it. You are one of the leaders in modding this car and helping others, and an asset to this site. It wouldn't be any fun if we all agreed on everything. Our different ideas are what make this forum so great, but if you can't be nice about it, you shouldn't be allowed to post. We may not all have the same ideas about what is cool, but don't mess with Brad's kids! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bat.gif[/img]

Hey, anyone: How about those black deep-dish on my sonic? Whadya think?
[/b][/quote]

That was a great post Jim, and I feel the same way. Your a 100% right about everyone not having the same opinion. I just don't understand why some choose to be donkey donut's about it... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] Rock those Snakes Jim your Pony looks sweet... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/patriot.gif[/img] American muscle owns American roads [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flag.gif[/img]

On the wheel subject, IMO I think the black deep dish bullets would give your Pony a healthy dose of attitude. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

MSP: The hood is functional as long as you run an open filter element aka an CIA...
Old 2/10/06, 11:19 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 9, 2006, 10:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks Ian [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Which front end/hood did you go with? I hope you get her on the road soon bro...
[/b][/quote]

I ended up going with the RKSport GTR hood. I was just at the shop yesterday laying the stripes out on it with my painter. I think it's going to look sweet. I still haven't seen anyone with that hood yet that has stripes on it. That will definitley give me the '67 Shelby look I'm going for. Also, I ended up going with the Street Scene center fog grille and matching lower bumper grille. I liked the other center-fog grille a little better, but couldn't wait until April since my stock grille had been destroyed in the wreck. And, I'm going to put on another stock front bumper and CDC classic chin spoiler. I'll also still have hood pins, of course. It should look really nice when it's all done. But of course I am going simply by a vision in my head, since there is nothing at all like this out there right now to judge off of.
Old 2/10/06, 11:34 AM
GT Member

Justin,

Well, it is official, I will no longer read your posts. Everytime I think (know for sure) that I am going with Vista Blue, you start another thread with your pictures and then I start the internal struggle all over again....Vista or Black, Vista or Black, Vista or Black, Vista or Black?

Your car makes me feel like Black is the ONLY color I could go with.....then, I dont read yourposts for a while and I remember how in love with Vista Blue I am.

Do me a favor, STOP POSTING! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

In all seriousness though, I have only one thing to say to you......

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ian, no worries. I've had a very similar vision in my head too, it'll look great. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gibson @ February 10, 2006, 10:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Justin,

Well, it is official, I will no longer read your posts. Everytime I think (know for sure) that I am going with Vista Blue, you start another thread with your pictures and then I start the internal struggle all over again....Vista or Black, Vista or Black, Vista or Black, Vista or Black?

Your car makes me feel like Black is the ONLY color I could go with.....then, I dont read yourposts for a while and I remember how in love with Vista Blue I am.

Do me a favor, STOP POSTING! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
In all seriousness though, I have only one thing to say to you......

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Thank's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
There both beautiful colors, here's a thought...Vista Blue w/Black stripes and bulletts... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enfynet @ February 10, 2006, 10:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ian, no worries. I've had a very similar vision in my head too, it'll look great. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
+1 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Ian,
I was thinking that was the hood you choose but I couldn't remember if that was your "final awnser"... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I can imagine your vision and it is going to be sweet!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 12:39 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks for the support, guys. I'm usually pretty good at "seeing" things like that. Three weeks and we will know for sure. All I know is I better like the hood, because it's going to cost me close to a grand in paint and prep work, on top of the cost of the hood itself. It's nothing like Bryan's GTR hood nightmare, but it has a few problems. My body guy is going to have to shave a little here and add a little here. The hood itself though looks great on the car. It will be worth it in the end.
Old 2/10/06, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 9, 2006, 7:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You have spent 4 of your first 7 posts negatively
[/b][/quote]

Negatively? You may view what I said as a negative comments, but it's my opinion.

Take off the GT500 sicker, and Cobra badges, and I'd like it. Till then, I will stick to my previous comments.

I don't expect you to do that for me, or anyone else, since it is YOUR car. You like it, more power to you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I'm not a troll, I love Mustangs, and I'm not flaming anyone. Just voicing my opinion.

Falsley badging a car = Rice.
Old 2/10/06, 01:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stangxs @ February 10, 2006, 11:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Negatively? You may view what I said as a negative comments, but it's my opinion.

Take off the GT500 sicker, and Cobra badges, and I'd like it. Till then, I will stick to my previous comments.

I don't expect you to do that for me, or anyone else, since it is YOUR car. You like it, more power to you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I'm not a troll, I love Mustangs, and I'm not flaming anyone. Just voicing my opinion.

[/b][/quote]

Old 2/10/06, 01:53 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stangxs @ February 10, 2006, 1:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

That's a rather bold statement, don't you think? Last time I checked, you weren't a human pop culture dictionary, my friend. So, what gives you the expertise to define a word like "rice"? Falsely badging a car is not even what "rice" means. The use of the word "rice" refers to the fact that the vehicles the term was originally applied to were of Japanese origin, originated as a result of the heavy use of rice in East Asian cuisine, and grew out of muscle car enthusiasts' jokes that cars from Japan used engines powered by rice alcohol. But the actual term "rice car" most often refers to automobiles (usually economy cars) that have the appearance of a high performance car, but often have little or no functional modifications applied, such as an improved engine, suspension, or brakes. VegasJay's car may not be a true Cobra made by SVT, for there wasn't one built in '05 anyway so I'm not sure what you think he is "posing" as, but his car will be up to the standards of an '05 Cobra if there had been one. I guarantee you that. Now, if he had a V6 and put GT badges on it AND didn't do serious modifications to get it to perform equivalent to a GT... that would be falsely badging a car. But it still wouldn't be "rice". You calling his car "rice" is completely ignorant and shows that your vocabulary is very limited. Simply say that you don't like the Cobra badges and be on your merry way... but to call a man's car "rice" is a flat out insult. And around here it will be taken as one. Rant off...
Old 2/10/06, 02:10 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stangxs @ February 10, 2006, 1:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Sorry, but I have to rant a little more here. I thought I was done on this one... but your lack of common sense really amazes me. And I have come across some very benighted people in my life... so that says a lot about you. Ok... you say that you are not flaming and that you were "just voicing your opinion". Well, I can't say I agree with you there, even remotely. Voicing your opinion would have been saying that you don't like certain aspects of the car and that would have been that. To go as far as to say the word "rice" is without a doubt "flaming" someone... and it's downright insulting. Especially when that word does not even fit the situation. So, I take it you go around in life calling people stupid when they say something that you don't agree with, instead of just disagreeing with them. I guess that is what you call voicing your opinion. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] I mean, afterall you could use the word "stupid" just as you did the word "rice". And both words are just about as open-ended, and could be described to mean many things by different people. But all I know is that 'stupid = you' is a much more logical and factual equation than 'falsely badging a car = rice'.
Old 2/10/06, 02:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stangxs @ February 10, 2006, 2:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Say we compare two totally different things....
Justins car=Making out with a sexy supermodel in lingerie
Your comments/insights= Making out with a brick.
Old 2/10/06, 04:10 PM

Old 2/10/06, 06:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy cow, how did I miss this hilarious thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img] Natasha's looking sweet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Stangxs, you've got a beautiful car... why not try to contribute here rather than being a
Old 2/10/06, 07:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

There is no doubt in my mind we are dealing with a troll here. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Natasha is stunning! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Everytime I see that California Dreamin' hood I love it more and more!! I WILL have one! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 07:17 PM
3rd Times A Charm

This guy is nuts. He posted a thread about his mods, ducktail and emblem removal, and never even responded to my questions, now he comes here and bashes one of the greatest 05s on the site. Rice, how dare you!

All I can say is...

NA NA NA NA...NA NA NA NA...HEY HEY HEY...GOODBYE!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

all together now

NA NA NA NA...NA NA NA NA...HEY HEY HEY...GOODBYE!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Justin, thanks for the advice on the tires.
Old 2/10/06, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Justin, good luck with the installs this weekend. Your car keeps getting better and better [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Ian, looking forward to seeing the re-emergence of your car. Also one of my favorites; followed the last tribute and enjoyed it greatly. You have a good eye for these things. It'll work out beautifully. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: *Some Cool New Pic's....