05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Side marker lights.

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/17, 06:45 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
Side marker lights.

Since Oracle came out with these rather cool LED side markers ive been thinking of customizing my own.

First I wanted to get an led third brake light but didn't want to pay those crazy prices. So since i had extra COB led light strips i added some inside the light housing. Turned out pretty good. These are white leds but ill changing it to red ones. This is just a test.

Next it did my rear side marker. Ill be changing my markers from red to clear smoke and will be using red cob leds as well. Again i used white leds, this is just a test.

Looks so much better.
Before

After

Now this part I am having some difficulty coming up with ideas. I came up with these two ideas but im not sure. Ill be changing the housing itself to smoke clear and using amber leds. Any ideas how to make them look good?

Ill be adding lights to the other side as well.
I also found these online they look pretty good so im thinking of copying it.

So what do you all think?

Last edited by VGMStudios; 1/9/17 at 06:47 PM.
Old 1/10/17, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by VGMStudios
I also found these online they look pretty good so im thinking of copying it.

So what do you all think?

I think these will get you a ticket. Front side markers must consist of an an amber light plus and amber reflector. I get away with no reflector but at least my bulbs are stealth bulbs and light up amber.

Name:  DSC_0110.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  124.7 KB

Name:  image_zpsgffmpayu.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  1.35 MB
Old 1/11/17, 10:06 AM

thanks for your input but all the lights will be the proper color. I was simply talking about the style.. the way they look. ignore the colour of the lights for now.
Old 4/7/17, 08:58 PM

A little update.
I finally found the dark side markers and customized them. Really didn't like the tiny light bulb that would shine inside them so I did this to it. Looks 100x better IMO. Attached before and after shots.

I am currently waiting for nicer weather to test fit the one of the front side markers since I completed one. Just need to see if I can wire it up properly on the car and it will work as planned.
Attached Thumbnails Side marker lights.-20170326_173819.jpg   Side marker lights.-20170326_174125.jpg