05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Factory HID's to Halo Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/17, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory HID's to Halo Conversion

Does anyone have any information on the conversion from the Factory HID's to Halos? My passenger side HID is flickering, and Ford quoted me at $1500 per light, they said the ballast is messed up...since that is not an option, I am going to go with a Halo. I have been told by AM that none of their lights work with my current wiring. Is there anyone that has done the switch or conversion before, or know of anything related to it that can point me in the right direction? Thanks.

*attached is pictures of my current Factory HID headlights, up close and from a few feet as well as the wiring and housing? ( I am not mechanic-savy)
Attached Thumbnails Factory HID's to Halo Conversion-hid-close.jpg   Factory HID's to Halo Conversion-hid-far.jpg   Factory HID's to Halo Conversion-hid-housing.jpg   Factory HID's to Halo Conversion-hid-wiring.jpg  
Old 4/10/17, 06:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
So you either need to convert the factory HID wiring over to the factory halogen setup so you can use aftermarket halogen lights like Halos.

Or find some junk yard factory HID headlight buckets maybe from a car that was rear ended. But who knows how long that will last.
Old 4/10/17, 07:23 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
These people https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ helped me out alot with my conversion.
Give them a shout.
Old 4/11/17, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Are the ballasts built in to the housing? I would think you could just swap out the ballast. I don't have factory HIDs but have changed ballasts without any issues.