05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SHR Lower Grille Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/08, 07:29 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHR Lower Grille Inserts

Hey...

If I'm covering old ground I'm sorry...but I need to know. Do the SHR grille inserts stay installed without glue or rivets? I just installed a pair along with a Bullitt Grille. Love the look, but I don't want to lose them on the road. Any advice from someone who owns a set?
Old 4/18/08, 07:42 PM
GT Member

i hav'em they fit in there rather nice and snug, no extra adhesive required though i think some have used it for piece of mind.

Last edited by King Taco; 4/18/08 at 07:43 PM.
Old 4/18/08, 09:32 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
one of mine popped out-

when I hit a fence 2 weeks ago and crunched the lower grille among other things...not a scratch on the inserts
I highly doubt they would fall out unless you hit something- even then if they were anchored would might just increase the damage- I know mine sure fit nice. that reminds me- need to get that bumper ordered...
Old 4/18/08, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No issues here, and I got 2 pairs from Marcello too!
Old 4/19/08, 06:09 AM
V6 Member

I've had mine in for over a month without any issues. I even had to take them out a couple times for other mods but they snap right back in and seem very secure.
Old 4/19/08, 08:17 AM
RCW
Legacy TMS Member

They Are Great!

I have had mine on since January.
They have always stayed in place, very secure without any extra securement.
Daily drive to work includes 60 miles at freeway+ speeds.
Numerous touch-less spray car washes.

Great Item.

Thanks again Marcello.

RC
Old 4/19/08, 08:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
To come out, you have to kind of twist them diagonally, so it's very hard, if not impossible, for them to just fall out.
Old 4/19/08, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MSGTGT
Hey...

If I'm covering old ground I'm sorry...but I need to know. Do the SHR grille inserts stay installed without glue or rivets? I just installed a pair along with a Bullitt Grille. Love the look, but I don't want to lose them on the road. Any advice from someone who owns a set?
Thanks for asking this, I too was wondering the same thing.
Old 4/20/08, 10:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

No problem with mine, just got back from a 1600 mile roundtrip with some real bumpy roads.
Old 4/21/08, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I just ordered a set for $59.99 with free shipping. Here is where I got it;

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...le-insert.html
Old 4/24/08, 07:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks all - yes, the inserts are made to be snug, Tim - watch out those fences just jump out at you!!!

Just in case anyone's wondering (and it doesn't look like you have been ) we're in our new facility, it is absolutely awesome, and an absolute disaster at the moment! Hence why you haven't seen or heard much from us - between phones, Internet, all that being down, and of course moving an operating business to a new location, it's been a rough few weeks, but we're digging out slowly but surely and are gearing up to really kick it up another notch or two in the coming months, if that were even possible!

New CNC machines are here, new shop is coming together, new offices and showroom area in the works - phones and net are back up after being down for about a week (thanks AT&T), it's going to get interesting!!
Old 4/25/08, 08:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MSGTGT
Hey...

Well...I must say that all my concerns were all for nothing. The stay put...no problems. And they hide my intercooler...which I like. SHR did a great job. Also, just received my new SHR blackout panel. I'll get it installed tomorrow. You are the BEST aftermarket parts supplier that I have had the pleasure to do business with.

I don't know you personally Marcello...but I think you know a good friend of mine (Shaun). I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again...maybe those window louvers next?
Old 4/25/08, 12:03 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Yep, know Shaun well via conversations.

I'm glad you're happy with them, now if we can just get our customer service back to the level where I like it all will be good - too many people getting voicemail lately and too many orders stuck in backorder due to the production interruptions...

It's all getting better though - if it weren't I wouldn't have time to type this!
Old 4/30/08, 09:37 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Marcello- congrats on the new shop!

We picked up a slightly used 07 pony v6 auto at auction this past weekend (also in Vista Blue), was looking at it tonight- the V6 has even bigger 'missing' grille areas than the GT...any plans on possibly inserts for those too?

about the fence thing...got my bumper today, the fender and Fang/Aeroform shaker hood last week, hope to *maybe* get the hood blocked out and the fender in epoxy primer, and lace in all the edges/align everything to get ready to paint next weekend (but at my pace might be a month or three) still trying to decide on hood blackout- like the whole center black, but the way the hood is hollow/ducted, black might be like a oven ahead of the airbox in the sun...but darn it I like that look
When I start doing up the edges/underhood in Vista, might get to play with some of the test piece louvers- still thinking there may be a easier way to paint, but I dunno...
*if* I can talk mama into letting me take the windows out of her car, will probably be putting a set of your louvers in hers too (may try to salvage my original set that I screwed the paint up on) thinking maybe even the gt rear bumper with black bottom lip, just to make the cars match a little better- but then gotta add a exhaust pipe/crossover...she aint gonna let us tear it too far apart
actually she already asked about sequentials- the kids and I are gonna make her a car nut yet

And BTW- kids LOVE the SHR Tee Shirts- they are one of the kids favorite 'cool' school shirts for the older ones- they said kids always comment on them...