05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Show me your trunk letters and spacing

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/07, 10:27 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Lettering

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
Finally got my MUSTANG trunk letters, and I want to see how you guys spaced them out, so please post your pictures, along with spacing specs.
HI Steve ,THIS MIGHT HELP U
http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/...ttr_tp_jpg.htm
Old 12/20/07, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem Steve. When I did mine for the first time to me they looked good, but something in the back on my mind was saying something was not quite right. For the most part they were on straight and had the same spacing, but when I had to redo them I looked a the classic stangs and saw that they went from tail light to tail light it dawned on me what was wrong. I am not knocking anyone elses they all look good, but to me the 4 inch gap is just about perfect. It ties in with the classics especialy if you are using the classic style letters.
Old 12/20/07, 11:25 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As everyone seemed to show dead on, I added a few angle shots both before and after - and the straight on shot as well. I also did the hood letters. If I remember, letters came from johnsmustang.com or ohiomustang.com. You can also find them on ebay from time to time.

I can't find the link I used for the bases of the 60's lettering. Due to the size of each letter, spacing is not exactly equal. I started with the center point, figured where I wanted to start and end and averaged out in between. Secret is to center the letters between the 3rd tail light and the bottom of the trunk lip. Adhering right along the lip looks awkward to me. Willing to answer any more questions...

—Doug
Attached Thumbnails Show me your trunk letters and spacing-before.jpg   Show me your trunk letters and spacing-after.jpg   Show me your trunk letters and spacing-straight.jpg   Show me your trunk letters and spacing-hood.jpg  
Old 1/28/08, 09:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, dangit. I put these on a few weeks ago, and measure 4 inches on center, not from the end of the previous letter. So they're a little closer. Hopefully it doesn't drive me nuts. Don't have any good pics, but here's a crappy camera phone pic I took.

Old 3/22/08, 12:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Those look exactly like the same letter styles that VW uses on most of their back of thier cars since 1998.

Last edited by watchdevil; 3/22/08 at 12:06 AM.