05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shelby GT black lower grill center?

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/08, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Shelby GT black lower grill center?

Hey Gang: Just saw an optional Shelby Brand black lower grill center assembly for Shelby's GT's and for our own GT/CS's for sale at his site. Wondering if anyone else has seen this (new to me black) grill piece or has installed one? Looks like a good unit to stop some of the stuff from getting into that large lower grill opening, we all share on our GT/CS's. Is this an aluminun tube unit or just a black plastic insert? At a Mustang car show last summer, one viewer said, the lower grill opening reminded him of an open shark mouth? Maybe that is what the original designers had in mind? Any input or knowledge on this unit would be great!! Looking for a fix on this problem. Thanks!! CalStang
Old 1/3/08, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Forgot to show a picture

Sorry. Forgot to show everyone a picture of Shelby's black center grill unit! Anybody seen this?
Attached Images  
Old 1/4/08, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I wonder why they wouldn't match the stock hex pattern. Or, does this match their upper?
Old 1/4/08, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Any answers out there?

Did some further research on this and was told that it is a black version of the lower center grill on the the Shelby GT-H models? I guess that it must match the the upper grill's horizontal tube design? But what is it made of, is my big question? Believe that it just may look okay down in the lower mouth of the GT/CS? Could be great to stop any minor radiator damage? Anyone on the Forum got anything on these black grill units?
Old 1/4/08, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I noticed that black lower grill on their site about 2 months ago. It's made of billet aluminum like the upper grill. I plan to get the lower grill in polished finish to match my polished upper grill.
Old 1/5/08, 04:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Thanks Marcus!

Marcus: Thanks for the feedback on this Shelby black lower center grill unit! Thinking that for only $74.95, this might be good insurance money spent to protect the equipment down there! May get this one. CalStang
Old 1/5/08, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Shelby GT grille on my GT/CS. I am mixed weather i would like the lower grille on mine...personally i like the open mouth. Makes me wonder how many cats ive scooped up in there.
Old 1/5/08, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Marcus: Thanks for the feedback on this Shelby black lower center grill unit! Thinking that for only $74.95, this might be good insurance money spent to protect the equipment down there! May get this one. CalStang

No problem! My a/c condenser is already looking like the surface of the moon from road debris. It's a matter of time before something punctures it. Right now I can't decide whether to pull the trigger and just get the lower grill or take a chance and put the money towards some other mod.
Old 1/8/08, 10:25 AM
CAL
GT Member

Hi Fellow CS/GTers, I've been thinking about a lower grille as the damage continues to pile up (or into) my lower grille!

Before I pull the trigger, can some of my CS/GT brothers (and sisters) please post some pictures of their lower grills installed. I'm hoping someone has already installed the grill off of the shelby GT site.

Thank you! Pictures would be a big help in my decision.
Old 1/8/08, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CAL
Hi Fellow CS/GTers, I've been thinking about a lower grille as the damage continues to pile up (or into) my lower grille!

Before I pull the trigger, can some of my CS/GT brothers (and sisters) please post some pictures of their lower grills installed. I'm hoping someone has already installed the grill off of the shelby GT site.

Thank you! Pictures would be a big help in my decision.
Here's a pic I found on the web so you can get an idea of what it looks like installed.
Attached Thumbnails Shelby GT black lower grill center?-lowergrille.jpg  
Old 1/8/08, 08:24 PM

I checked with Shelby today and there is still a new lower grill with driving lights in developement and they told me that it will be released in April. I would like one of these because the brights on the GT/CS leave a bit to be desired at night here in Minnesota. I hit a deer with my Goldwing about a year ago and just missed three deer while over at Road America this last summer, went between number two and number 3 crossing the road. A little better lighting distance at 60 to 70 MPH would be nice.
Old 1/8/08, 11:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hoosier101
I checked with Shelby today and there is still a new lower grill with driving lights in developement and they told me that it will be released in April. I would like one of these because the brights on the GT/CS leave a bit to be desired at night here in Minnesota. I hit a deer with my Goldwing about a year ago and just missed three deer while over at Road America this last summer, went between number two and number 3 crossing the road. A little better lighting distance at 60 to 70 MPH would be nice.
They're actually brake ducts with cutouts for driving lights. The ducts and lights are sold separately.

Scroll down to page 13.
http://scottdrake.net/SPPCatalog2007LO-RES.pdf
Old 1/9/08, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

looks cool!
Old 1/10/08, 06:43 AM
CAL
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
Here's a pic I found on the web so you can get an idea of what it looks like installed.
Thanks for the picture. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on one. I assume from the picture in this thread you can also order it in black. Got to get something in this area to protect the condenser! Otheriwise, matter of time$$$$

I'm surprised Ford (factory) would leave this area exposed? Shelby apparently didn't.....

greg
Old 1/10/08, 07:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I looking to add the center grille and the lights/duct kit as soon as they are released!! Thanks!!
Old 1/15/08, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Cursed Scott Drake!! I bought the Shelby grille insert from SAI last year and had to chop up my plastic GT grille to make it fit, and now SD comes out with the whole thing for a pretty decent price. LOL