05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shelby front end install begins PICS

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/06, 09:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
more:

This should work for any emblem as long as it is tall enough to cover the holes.
Attached Thumbnails Shelby front end install begins    PICS-emblem-006.jpg   Shelby front end install begins    PICS-emblem-007.jpg   Shelby front end install begins    PICS-emblem-008.jpg  
Old 7/26/06, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking I was thinking ....

Just cover the holes and get an extra GT emblem from the sides and put it up front on the grill. Still would look stock and have a nice consistent look.
Old 7/26/06, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Stock Hood and Shelby GT500 Front Fascia

Did it look bad with the stock hood - could not tell from your pics if the lines of the stock hood matched well with the GT500 front fascia. Were there any fit issues and thats why you went with the Shelby hood? I bet this is costing you a pretty penny - but its going to look sooooooo sweet !!!
Old 7/26/06, 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GTRacerX
Did it look bad with the stock hood - could not tell from your pics if the lines of the stock hood matched well with the GT500 front fascia. Were there any fit issues and thats why you went with the Shelby hood? I bet this is costing you a pretty penny - but its going to look sooooooo sweet !!!
no fit issues, it was all about the lines not matching up. stock hood will work, but the shelby hood just makes it all come together.
Old 7/26/06, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm jealous. I need this front bumper now.
Old 7/27/06, 07:15 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

i've got the shelby CS6 hood on order since around 1.5 months and should be taking delivery any time soon.

Now i'm anxiously awaiting OKLACOP's full parts list, and a close up, better lit picture of the stock hood with the GT500 front fascia, so i'd have a solid idea on whether the CS6 hood would go with it or not..

photoshop anyone?
Old 7/27/06, 07:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OKLACOP: How do you like that Tri-Bar Pony? Is it the right size for our application? I am having Hirman paint one for me this week so that I can put it on the car.

Love the bracket, I am working on something similar. Hopefully my bumper will be back tomorrow and then I can do the install this weekend.

Later
Jesse
Old 7/27/06, 07:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2L8IWON
OKLACOP: How do you like that Tri-Bar Pony? Is it the right size for our application? I am having Hirman paint one for me this week so that I can put it on the car.

Love the bracket, I am working on something similar. Hopefully my bumper will be back tomorrow and then I can do the install this weekend.

Later
Jesse
I thought it was a little big at first, but I like the splash of color it adds. I do like Gtracerx's idea about the GT emblem, but I've just always imagined that off set tri bar pony emblem and am pretty set on it. Someone may want to look for another tribar pony emblem, like one from a 2000-2004 model. They are a little smaller. May not be tall enough to cover the holes though.
Old 7/27/06, 07:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by G.T
i've got the shelby CS6 hood on order since around 1.5 months and should be taking delivery any time soon.

Now i'm anxiously awaiting OKLACOP's full parts list, and a close up, better lit picture of the stock hood with the GT500 front fascia, so i'd have a solid idea on whether the CS6 hood would go with it or not..

photoshop anyone?
post #37 has pics w/ a little better lighting. Also look at the thread started by KC titled FIRST SHELBY BODY KIT. It has pics of the blue GT conversion in Colorado. Shows the shelby front end w/ c6 hood. Pics are excellent.
Old 7/27/06, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I thought it was a little big at first, but I like the splash of color it adds. I do like Gtracerx's idea about the GT emblem, but I've just always imagined that off set tri bar pony emblem and am pretty set on it. Someone may want to look for another tribar pony emblem, like one from a 2000-2004 model. They are a little smaller. May not be tall enough to cover the holes though.
Right on, I think that once Hireman paints it it will appear smaller. I do like the Idea of the GT logo though, but I'd rather have a skeleton pony on the front of my ride. I already put an offset GT logo on the rear after I shaved the circular medallion.
Old 7/28/06, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

update shelby hood/stripe pics

Thought I'd post some update pics. I hoped the car would be ready today, but looks like Monday or Tuesday. Here are pics of it in the paint booth w/ the new hood. Sorry bout the reflection. It had just been cleared and we didn't want to open the door to the paint booth.
Attached Thumbnails Shelby front end install begins    PICS-paintbooth-002.jpg   Shelby front end install begins    PICS-paintbooth-004.jpg  
Old 7/28/06, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here's a better shot
Attached Thumbnails Shelby front end install begins    PICS-paintbooth-003.jpg  
Old 7/28/06, 06:25 PM
FR500 Member

Lookin' good! I'm sure others are just as anxious as you to see the final results. Are you going to paint the vents to match?
Old 7/28/06, 06:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by hi5.0
Lookin' good! I'm sure others are just as anxious as you to see the final results. Are you going to paint the vents to match?
just gonna leave em black for now
Old 7/28/06, 06:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

That makes me even more jealous. I got all of my parts from Kevin today, went to the paint shop to pick up my bumper today so that I could do the install but the shop screwed it up.... guess I'll have to wait until next week
Old 7/28/06, 07:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2L8IWON
That makes me even more jealous. I got all of my parts from Kevin today, went to the paint shop to pick up my bumper today so that I could do the install but the shop screwed it up.... guess I'll have to wait until next week
Mine won't be done until next week too. I actually had one last part to order from my local dealer, but it was on back order until August 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called Kevin and he had one (the radiator cover/upper splash guard or something like that). I'm hoping Kevin mailed it in the last couple of days. As soon as it is finished getting painted it's back to the Ford dealer to finish up the inner fender splash guards, chin spoiler and that radiator cover.

KC U still da man!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/28/06, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

That looks BADASS!!!!
Old 7/28/06, 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Lokius
That looks BADASS!!!!
What he said
Old 7/31/06, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Update please!!
Old 7/31/06, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BeBeep
Update please!!
Ok look for my new thread w/ the finished product and parts list.

Quick Reply: Shelby front end install begins PICS