05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Sequential Lighs - PNP Type

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/08, 12:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sequential Lighs - PNP Type

Not sure where this should go exterior mods or performace......

For those who bought the CDC or GT-Concepts sequential connectors, did you have any issue after hooking them up? I seem to remember someone saying in a thread that you had to move a white wire to the next connector over or something. This is for the pre 10/2005 models. The inner most light socket has 3 polls and your suppose to put the red wire in the empty one. Like I said I recall someone saying if it didn't work switch the center poll to the empty one and attatch the red wire to the center one. Anyone remeber something like that.

Note: Please do not hijack this thread telling me how great Webelectic is. Thanks.

Last edited by icemant180; 6/26/08 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add info
Old 6/26/08, 02:00 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving to exterior mods as adding sequential taillights doesn't increase car performance

As an answer to your question, everyone I know that has picked up the CDC PNP kit has had issues with them in just over a year after installing them. (there, I didn't say anything about webelectric....oops, I guess I just did).
Old 6/26/08, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Moving to exterior mods as adding sequential taillights doesn't increase car performance

As an answer to your question, everyone I know that has picked up the CDC PNP kit has had issues with them in just over a year after installing them. (there, I didn't say anything about webelectric....oops, I guess I just did).
I used to like you.
Old 6/26/08, 03:45 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What's wrong w/ Webelectric? Anything? That's what I have. Heck, I got them second-hand and still don't have any problems w/ them. Simple plug-n-play... no wiring AT ALL. Just disconnect the factory harness and install the sequential harness and swap the bulbs. Done.
Old 6/26/08, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by icemant180
Not sure where this should go exterior mods or performace......

For those who bought the CDC or GT-Concepts sequential connectors, did you have any issue after hooking them up? I seem to remember someone saying in a thread that you had to move a white wire to the next connector over or something. This is for the pre 10/2005 models. The inner most light socket has 3 polls and your suppose to put the red wire in the empty one. Like I said I recall someone saying if it didn't work switch the center poll to the empty one and attatch the red wire to the center one. Anyone remeber something like that.

Note: Please do not hijack this thread telling me how great Webelectic is. Thanks.
I'm using the pre 10/05 version of the GT Concepts sequentials....When you take the blue cover off the inner most tail light bulb, there are three sockets. Two are already used. Just plug the one wire from the GT Concepts kit into the un-used socket, and replace the blue socket cover....Done....

Mike

EDIT....Here is a link to the instructions...

http://www.gtconcepts.net/mustang/in...0506/index.htm
Attached Thumbnails Sequential Lighs  - PNP Type-sequentials-012-large-.jpg   Sequential Lighs  - PNP Type-sequentials-018-large-.jpg   Sequential Lighs  - PNP Type-sequentials-020-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Got Oatz; 6/26/08 at 06:29 PM. Reason: adding link....
Old 6/26/08, 06:34 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by icemant180
I used to like you.
Drat, I was going to post the instructions when I got home but Got Oatz beat me to it. Perhaps someday you might like me again.
Old 6/27/08, 06:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

I did plug the red wire into the unused socket. My problem is when I switch the directional on both sides light up like the emergency flashers are on.
Old 6/28/08, 06:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

I figured out my problem. I did not have the red wire seated in the socket far enough. I thought I had it seated right but on this attempt I used the needle nose instead of just pushing it in with my fingers, and presto sequential magic! I should have done this mod years ago. duh
Thanks for the help guys. Oh and adrenalin your off the hook, I still like you. :-)
Old 6/28/08, 01:54 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Cool. Congrats on finding the issue and figuring it out.