05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Seeking a specific aftermarket Grille

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/10, 08:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeking a specific aftermarket Grille

I'm looking for a grill that HAS the same style and look of the stock 05-09 grill MINUS the pony emblem inthe middle. I like the GT fog lights where they are, and I like the grille style but the only grille ive been able to find like this is a different style with straight horizontal and vertical lines as opposed to the cross-hatched or honey-comb (for lack of a better term) style...

Any suggestions. Ive done a search of google and TMS until my eyes almost bled.

The first image I photo-shopped out the pony emblem becuse this is the grill i'm looking for and the second image is what i would like my grille to eventually look like...
Attached Thumbnails Seeking a specific aftermarket Grille-0702-22.jpg   Seeking a specific aftermarket Grille-0702-221.jpg  

Last edited by Gibson; 4/28/10 at 08:18 PM.
Old 4/28/10, 09:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine's similar - Agent47 grille. I think there is someone who's making one that's more of the OE type honeycomb, 3dCarbon, Cervini's, or one of those types. Not sure who, but I'll keep my eyes out. Here's my A47 if you're interested.

Old 4/29/10, 05:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Mine's similar - Agent47 grille. I think there is someone who's making one that's more of the OE type honeycomb, 3dCarbon, Cervini's, or one of those types. Not sure who, but I'll keep my eyes out. Here's my A47 if you're interested.

THAT is HOT! I'm SOLD! Where did you get the small pony emblem and how did you attach it?

Last edited by Gibson; 4/29/10 at 05:50 AM.
Old 4/29/10, 09:10 AM
I lust for a M24

I got the emblem from here in the Classifieds, but the emblem is made by 3dCarbon and is specifically made to mount in a grille. I simply followed the instructions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...Q5fAccessories
Old 4/29/10, 09:16 AM
I lust for a M24

Gibson:
A word of caution:
If you're going for that A47 Grille, the honeycomb is not as thick as the stock honeycomb. The bad thing is that everything behind it is more visible, but the good thing is that it allows some increased air flow to your radiator.
To get the look I have, while I had the grille out I also took some ultra flat black automotive spray paint and painted what was visible behind there. (Look in my grille and you'll see the hood latch support (looks kind of like a W) that was bodycolor and is now black) I also relocated my horns so they wouldn't be seen. (Relocating the horns is easy to do, if you're going w/ that grille let me know and I'll find you the thread w/ pics from when I did mine.)
Good luck!
Old 4/29/10, 05:28 PM
GT Member

Gibson:
A word of caution:
If you're going for that A47 Grille, the honeycomb is not as thick as the stock honeycomb. The bad thing is that everything behind it is more visible, but the good thing is that it allows some increased air flow to your radiator.
To get the look I have, while I had the grille out I also took some ultra flat black automotive spray paint and painted what was visible behind there. (Look in my grille and you'll see the hood latch support (looks kind of like a W) that was bodycolor and is now black) I also relocated my horns so they wouldn't be seen. (Relocating the horns is easy to do, if you're going w/ that grille let me know and I'll find you the thread w/ pics from when I did mine.)
Good luck!
Yeah i noticed that everything was visible behind there on the A47 website but not on yours... I'll definitaly be getting this grille, once I save up the $$$... thats not cheap! I'm getting my stripes put on my 07 on monday, so once I recover from that, i'll do the grille. Yes, i'll do what I have to do to get the look you have, which is exactly what I was looking to do. That is incredible.

Was the stock grille/fogs easy to remove and was that A47 grille easy to put in? Moving the horn?
Old 4/29/10, 06:26 PM
I lust for a M24

The stock grille is easy to remove AFTER you get it started. Getting it started is a PITA, but that'll be the same regardless of what grill you use. The fog light removal is cake, but reinstalling them on the A47 grille does require you to remove one of the mounting tabs (this is also a piece of cake). Installing the grille is easy, just push it in if I remember right.
Horn relocation isn't difficult at all, but can be a little tedious. Still only about a 15 minute job. No wiring required for the fogs or the horns, both use the stock wiring and stock harnesses. Just plug them in.
Thanks for the compliments and when your grille comes in, PM me if you need any help.
Old 4/29/10, 06:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Went looking and found the horn relocation info. I've got some pics in here: https://themustangsource.com/showthr...orn+relocation
Old 4/29/10, 06:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
like your hood, what style and manufacture is it, if fiberglass how is quality and fit/finish. nice touch

GG
Old 4/29/10, 06:42 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by tapd117
like your hood, what style and manufacture is it, if fiberglass how is quality and fit/finish. nice touch

GG
Me? Hood is from The Dream Car Factory (now out of business). Molds were bought by Full Throttle Kustomz, I'm not sure if they're still producing it. It's fiberglass, fit and finish required some work. My painter spent some time blocking it and it took some time for me to fit it to the fenders. Style is A+, finish is B, fit is C. I didn't mind putting some work into it to get the look I wanted. Thanks.
Old 4/29/10, 07:00 PM
GT Member

The stock grille is easy to remove AFTER you get it started. Getting it started is a PITA, but that'll be the same regardless of what grill you use. The fog light removal is cake, but reinstalling them on the A47 grille does require you to remove one of the mounting tabs (this is also a piece of cake). Installing the grille is easy, just push it in if I remember right.
Horn relocation isn't difficult at all, but can be a little tedious. Still only about a 15 minute job. No wiring required for the fogs or the horns, both use the stock wiring and stock harnesses. Just plug them in.
Thanks for the compliments and when your grille comes in, PM me if you need any help.
Does the A47 grille come with an installation guide, as well as anything on how to remove the stock grille? Also, where did you have to drill the hole? From the pics in that thread you posted (thanks very much by the way), the shot is so close in its hard to tell which sime i'm looking at and where the new hole is drilled for the bracket.

Last edited by Gibson; 4/29/10 at 07:08 PM.
Old 4/29/10, 07:13 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Gibson
Does the A47 grille come with an installation guide, as well as anything on how to remove the stock grille?
Yeah, I'm sure it does. It's all pretty intuitive really.

IF I REMEMBER: Remove the upper radiator cover (open your hood, this is the black plastic thing that your hood latch pokes through - it's held in with a few push-pins, just pop them up w/ a flat blade screwdriver and pull them out) Then comes removing the grille. You'll need a long handled flat blade screwdriver to help manuver the the clips and they'll release. This took some force and patience, but that's it. Unplug and unscrew the fogs. Clip off the fog light mounting tab as indicated in the directions, install them in the A47 grille, plug them in, and push the A47 grille into place. There are some bolts that hold the metal mesh in place on the grille that you can adjust if necessary.

Edit: when removing the stock grille and installing the new grille, place a long cloth like a thin towel between the grille and bumper to prevent any scratching on your bumper cover.

Last edited by 05GT-O.C.D.; 4/29/10 at 07:15 PM.
Old 4/29/10, 07:19 PM
GT Member

EDIT: Actually, on a whim i just went to the garage and poked around the front of my GT... it appears that the horns are already black, but the entire radiator is SILVER... how in God's name do you go about covering that ugliness up??? It would look just like THIS car from the A47 website, and i'm not liking that at all!?!?!?!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Gibson; 4/29/10 at 07:28 PM.
Old 4/29/10, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
That's a great look. Follow John's instructions and you can't go wrong. That's what I did, he was a big help.

Old 4/29/10, 07:50 PM
GT Member

Did you have to paint your silver radiator black to prevent it from being so visible behind that sick A47 grille?
Old 4/29/10, 08:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Yes, when I had everything apart I gave it all a coating of satin black. Lightly on the radiator, just enough to black it out but not so thick it would hinder cooling.
Old 4/29/10, 08:40 PM
I lust for a M24

Yeah, painting the CONDENSER () is no big deal. If you're going to paint the rad support, you'd end up getting paint overspray on the condenser anyways unless you taped it off. Think of it as less work.
Old 4/29/10, 08:44 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Yeah, painting the CONDENSER () is no big deal. If you're going to paint the rad support, you'd end up getting paint overspray on the condenser anyways unless you taped it off. Think of it as less work.
I moved my horn to the fender and painted my condensor. Best mod I did. Cost me about 50 cents worth of paint.
Old 4/30/10, 05:32 AM
GT Member

Well, you can see the amount of expertise you're dealing with here!