05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Saleen/Roush body

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/06, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saleen/Roush body

Okay this is my first post so, "hello." I just ordered my Mustang not too long ago. Back to the main point, I have never owned a car that I wanted to modify so badly. That’s why I have been looking around to see what I like. Over all I LOVE the Saleen body and hood, but I dislike its rear and spoiler and it’s just the opposite for the Roush (I like the rear bumper and spoiler). I am going to be modifying the body within a month of owning my car. For all of you long time Mustang enthusiast’s is it wrong to mix the two, I am pretty much going to have; Saleen front, sides, hood & Roush rear, spoiler. If it makes a difference it’s a Black/Black Convertible GT. Thank you.
Old 5/11/06, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I say mix it up all you want! Will make for a unique look and isn't that what everyone is going for when they do cosmetic mods?
Old 5/11/06, 07:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's your car! Do what you like but personally it sounds pretty good to me.
Old 5/11/06, 08:14 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Might Consider The Shelby or Gt/CS Fascia's Also!

kc
Old 5/12/06, 05:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

As has been stated, its your car and you should do what you think looks good. I'm not that familiar with the various body kits but I guess if some of the parts have the words Saleen and/or Roush imbedded in them - it might look funny to have the multiple names on it
Old 5/12/06, 09:14 AM

Well I was going to put fiberglass over the embedded names. So its a more smooth look. Okay so my next question would be what should I do about the emblems? Cause I dont want to have the GT emblems when its got this Raleen (roush/saleen) look. Should I just debadge it or what? And i just noticed that Roush has a specific exhaust outlet so I would have to get the Roush exhaust, is it a good system?
Old 5/15/06, 09:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AcuteDyspnea
Well I was going to put fiberglass over the embedded names. So its a more smooth look. Okay so my next question would be what should I do about the emblems? Cause I dont want to have the GT emblems when its got this Raleen (roush/saleen) look. Should I just debadge it or what? And i just noticed that Roush has a specific exhaust outlet so I would have to get the Roush exhaust, is it a good system?
you are gonna pay out the ying for Roush exhaust.It is good but no better than stuff you can get for half the price.your exhaust will have to be reconfigured to fit rear fascia. Not sure if you can put different exhaust on it but I am guessing that you can
Old 5/15/06, 10:37 PM
Cobra Member

Mix it up! Some stuff will work better with other things, but you certainly don't have to keep to one manufacturer if you don't want to.

I would just try and keep it all in the same style though. For example, if you are going for clean and simple, stick to that -- like an SSE front, Saleen sides, 3DC rear lip and CDC spoiler.
(BTW, check out ponybuilder.com for inspiration, even though they don't sell all the parts, it is fun to play with).

Personally, there isn't anything I like about the Roush stuff. It is all just way over the top. Those fake rear vents are particularly ghastly to me.
Old 5/16/06, 12:38 AM
Bullitt Member

First Welcome aboard....
Like stated above.......Do like you like it!!
I have Rousch Side window louvre's CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, CDC Smooth Hood Scoop & Factor Spoiler. and I had the rear FAKE gas cap removed andpainted over.

Again, Just to it till your satisfied......What ever it is
Old 5/16/06, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the Roush rear fascia, one would need to get the Roush Tips only and have a reputable shop fabricate it up. According to the roush online parts store, they do sell a modified rear fascia for the Factory Exhaust. But, i have yet to see one. They also sell an upgrade Offroad Exhaust that is more boisterous than the factory Magnaflow two chambers that they use. Run the Roush Offroad axleback with a Stainless Bassini catless x-pipe and it gets real nasty. Have that system on my red one and it wakes up the hood and scares people. Leave the cats on for a more deeper sound.

IMO - run the exterior the way you would like and if there were no holes in the fenders, i would have dismissed the badging altogether. Removing the badges make the car look more consistent and stealthy. Of course, you can have the holes filled and re-finished over.

Roush does not manufacture the so called rear "fork lift holes" anymore due to feedback they have gotten. They were intended to be for exhaust vents.