05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Saleen HID owners

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/06, 09:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Saleen HID owners

Anybody have this problem with the reflector hazing and turning blue? I guess caused from the bulb heat. I have not modded or changed the bulbs they are the bulbs that came with the kit. I have had them installed since January and have had no other problems. These pictures were taken at night with a flash and the headlights off. I plan on calling Saleen tomorrow and see what they will do.
Attachment 8562Attachment 8561
Attached Images   
Old 9/5/06, 12:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
I have never had any problems with mine. No hazing, and no visible damage (just went out to check). I installed mine August 2005.

Let us know how it turns out with Saleen... Good luck!
Old 9/5/06, 07:18 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Hey - I've had mine installed since Feb of this year and no issues whatsoever (well, after i fixed the disloged ground pin which caused them to flicker - my fault). I dealt with Andrew (iirc) at Saleen and he was very very helpful.

Best of luck! Kristina
Old 9/5/06, 07:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problems here...
Old 9/6/06, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

no problems with mine! whats the warranty like on these things? i would make them give me a new set!
Old 9/6/06, 09:57 PM
V6 Member

Got e-mail today. Good news, Saleen told me they would exchange them out so they can investigate the problem.
Old 9/7/06, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

great i just checked and mine are much worse than yours, i got them when they first came out!
Old 10/13/06, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

saleen sent me a new pair, with ballasts, and i need to send the other ones back, i just put the new ones in.
Old 10/19/06, 01:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Unhappy

Hmmmm...

While doing other work I decided to make a CLOSE inspection of my Saleens, and sure enough, I found burn patterns just like RealDeal's. It isn't apparent in passing since the reflections mask the burns. However, if you take a hard look in the right light the burns become obvious.

Terrific.

Realdeal, did they say anything about a warranty period on these lights? I bought mine in August of 2005, right after I took delivery of the car. (and I paid $1100 for the freaking things too, but that's another matter entirely)

FryGuy and Rondosa, I'd STRONGLY recommend you go out and take another look at your lights.

RealDeal, OfficialStyle, who did you talk to? Any advice you can give me would be helpful - looks like I am in need of assistance.
Attached Thumbnails Saleen HID owners-saleen-hid-burns-3-.jpg   Saleen HID owners-saleen-hid-burns-4-.jpg  
Old 10/19/06, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Hmmmm...

While doing other work I decided to make a CLOSE inspection of my Saleens, and sure enough, I found burn patterns just like RealDeal's. It isn't apparent in passing since the reflections mask the burns. However, if you take a hard look in the right light the burns become obvious.

Terrific.

Realdeal, did they say anything about a warranty period on these lights? I bought mine in August of 2005, right after I took delivery of the car. (and I paid $1100 for the freaking things too, but that's another matter entirely)

FryGuy and Rondosa, I'd STRONGLY recommend you go out and take another look at your lights.

RealDeal, OfficialStyle, who did you talk to? Any advice you can give me would be helpful - looks like I am in need of assistance.

i had mine for probably longer than you did. they know its a problem with them. i spoke to steve in warranty support. they sent me another set, didnt even ask for any deposit, and just said i had to get the old set back to them so they could see why they are hazing. they even included a new set of ballasts! i would email them first, it usualy takes less than a day for them to get back to you, and then your not on hold all of the time. i hope this set they sent me is different, i dont want to have to remove the whole front again!
Old 10/19/06, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

After a few e-mails Saleen told me to take my car to the local Saleen dealership and they would take care of the warranty on them. My local dealership inspected them and said they would get the replacements from Saleen and they would do the insatall on the new set. As a matter of fact they just called me last week and said they came in and I need to set up an appointment to get them installed. Pretty good customer service considering I did the install on the first set myself.

FYI I purchased mine back in December they never said any thing about an exact warranty period I just e-mailed a copy of my receipt and a couple of pics of the problem and he said they were coverd. I hope they actually started makeing the refelctor out of a different material or I think the same thing will show up again. I had the same problem with the stock fog lights and after taking off the OEM headlights I can tell they were also begining to have the same problem. I think all the reflectors are made out of cheap plastic with some type reflective coating.
Old 10/24/06, 03:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

E-mailed 'em today... let's see what happens...