05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Saleen Heritage Rear and Custom Licence Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/10, 06:49 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saleen Heritage Rear and Custom Licence Relocation

I have a Saleen Heritage rear bumper that I got off eBay, but it did not come with the licence relocation part. There is a Saleen dealer up the road I could get one from but I'm going to try something different and see how it looks.

I have a CDC deck lid that I'm going to modify with a place to hold the plate. After prep I plan to paint it to match the car.

Here is what I have so far:

I cut out the fins and made places to attach the plate. I've not yet figured out a place to put any kind of a light for the plate, if I add one at all.

This is a mockup of the deck lid in place with the stock bumper Photoshopped.

I have a Flaming River battery disconnect where the keyhole is. The plate will cover that up when not at the track.
Old 3/17/10, 07:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
That looks nice!

How do you like the bumper? I haven't got mine installed yet. I am probably going to be doing it this weekend. How did you bring over the wiring harness bar form the old bumper to the new one? I bought a rivet gun last weekend and I think I will be doing it that way. I have heard other using a nut/bolt combo, but I really didn't want to do that.

Sean
Old 3/17/10, 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hessian
I've not yet figured out a place to put any kind of a light for the plate
What about just using a plate frame with built in light?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0QE9835BCXEJMB

http://www.amazon.com/Carriage-Works.../dp/B000BN82W4
Old 3/17/10, 09:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
That looks nice!

How do you like the bumper? I haven't got mine installed yet. I am probably going to be doing it this weekend. How did you bring over the wiring harness bar form the old bumper to the new one? I bought a rivet gun last weekend and I think I will be doing it that way. I have heard other using a nut/bolt combo, but I really didn't want to do that.

Sean
I'm still sitting on mine too (that pic was a Photochop). I'm going to take off the stocker this weekend. Are you having it painted on or off the car?

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
The one I might use is from here:
http://www.wolfgangint.com/Parts/Lig...Frames/Type+4/

I'm waiting for an email to get a good picture of the frame. I might just use a small LED bar if all else fails.
Old 3/17/10, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the heritage kit, but i thought of doing the same thing. I like it. and i would just use the led frame over the plate. You will need to relocate the wiring anyway.
Old 3/17/10, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm thinking of getting a replacement wiring harness. I got a part number 5R3Z17D955A from KC.

I am going to check with my dealerships parts department tomorrow and see how much and how long it will take to get here.

This way i do not mess up the factory bumper.

Sean
Old 3/17/10, 07:50 PM
V6 Member

I took off the stocker, pretty easy. I think I should be able to transfer the harness over to the new one.

Running the new wiring to the licence plate should be easy as well. I'll run it up a flex sleeve I have for the battery cables.

It seems the best thing to do would be transfer the wiring, paint it and then put it on. I'm going to see what my paint guy says.

I guess I'll see how it goes
Old 3/17/10, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am going to contact a couple paint shops I have dealt with and see how much it will cost to paint it. I am going for the two tone look with the flat black on the bottom and the rest Windveil Blue.

Sean
Old 3/18/10, 07:45 AM
V6 Member

I am going to contact a couple paint shops I have dealt with and see how much it will cost to paint it. I am going for the two tone look with the flat black on the bottom and the rest Windveil Blue.

Sean
I'm going matte or flat black on the bottom edge as well. The plan is to do the same along the skirts and front spoiler.
Old 3/18/10, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Same here. I bought a new Roush chin spolier and new GT500 side skirts. Haven't picked them up yet, so I am not sure how they all look together and if they need paint on them to match.

I'm going matte or flat black on the bottom edge as well. The plan is to do the same along the skirts and front spoiler.
Old 3/24/10, 12:59 PM
V6 Member

Same here. I bought a new Roush chin spolier and new GT500 side skirts. Haven't picked them up yet, so I am not sure how they all look together and if they need paint on them to match.
Are the GT500 side skirts different than the GT ones?

My choices for front fascia is either the Trufiber T1 or the Saleen Heriatge.

People don't seem to like the T1 but I think with a GT500 lower grill and on a black car would look good.

Update:
I've not got into changing out the wire harness yet. I've been working on a baffle for 2 12" subs that are going into the rear deck for a IB setup.
I'm waiting on my lighted license plate frame to get here. I'm having the bumper painted off the car, hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Saleen mufflers should arrive today.

Last edited by Hessian; 3/24/10 at 01:11 PM.
Old 3/24/10, 05:04 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
The GT500 - up until 2009 - used the V6 side skirts so they are NOT body color and have the rough texture.

If someone wants that type of side skirt we might be able to work out a trade for a set of painted GT side skirts.
Old 3/28/10, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the saleen rear bumper had a different profile thta doesnt match up to the stock side skirts? did you guys get these on yet? what about using the license plate bolts with the light built in. http://www.streetperformance.com/par...64-030301.html
Old 3/29/10, 06:48 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 48prerunner
I thought the saleen rear bumper had a different profile thta doesnt match up to the stock side skirts? did you guys get these on yet? what about using the license plate bolts with the light built in. http://www.streetperformance.com/par...64-030301.html
They should match up fine. I'm almost sure I'll use the heritage front bumper so I might get the skirts too. I'd like to find a nice price on the extreem hood.

The bolts with lights are a great solution. I wish I would have seen that earlier. I'll see how the frame I got looks first. Should be here today.
Old 3/29/10, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

The Saleen license plate filler thing requires some major surgery and wiring splicing to get it installed. I finally got the instruction sheet from Stage3 as it never came in the box with it. You have to drill 2 holes in the back panel where the license plate screws are located, and then you have to splice in the license plate light. If I had known how much work it was to get all this going, I think I would of reconsidered the Saleen bumper, but oh well, at least I will have something different than the normal crowd.
Old 3/30/10, 10:06 AM
V6 Member

I'm going to try and integrate the frame I got. I would need to insert wire disconnects to remove the plate if I used the lighted bolts.

Moving the wire for the lighted frame won't be too hard for me. I already have a hole to run it through.

Just in case - How much did you get the Saleen part for and where?

Last edited by Hessian; 3/30/10 at 10:09 AM.
Old 4/3/10, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

It was around $225, and i got it from Stage3Motorsports. Just email them and ask for a price on the Saleen Heritage License Plate Filler. It is not listed as a separate product on their site, but they will sell it.

Sean

I'm going to try and integrate the frame I got. I would need to insert wire disconnects to remove the plate if I used the lighted bolts.

Moving the wire for the lighted frame won't be too hard for me. I already have a hole to run it through.

Just in case - How much did you get the Saleen part for and where?