05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Saleen Heritage Rear Bumper Done

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/11, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails
You should have kept the Roush wing in my opinion.
I'm liking the cleaner lines of the GT500 one now that it's on there.
Old 6/1/11, 08:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simply beautiful! It just looks so clean and the quad exhaust tips look really nice. Did you ever think of havin squared out tips??
Old 6/2/11, 05:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Leo93
Simply beautiful! It just looks so clean and the quad exhaust tips look really nice. Did you ever think of havin squared out tips??
Never did. Really liking the round twin tips. Not sure square would look right.
Old 6/2/11, 05:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Actually it looks great both ways ... Also , are your wheels the Steeda Spyders with different center caps ? If so , what kind are they and where did you get them. Thanks ...
Old 6/2/11, 02:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
Actually it looks great both ways ... Also , are your wheels the Steeda Spyders with different center caps ? If so , what kind are they and where did you get them. Thanks ...
Steve, they're GT4's from OEWheels. 18 x 9 front, 18 x 10 rear
Old 6/3/11, 05:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
OK , thanks ... I've been looking for some caps that fit my Spyder's and your wheels looked very similar from the angle in the picture ...
Old 6/15/11, 10:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Now why did you have to go and post this!

/mumbling under my breath......$% 7$%^& another mod I need to add to the &$&*@$^ list!

We have similar taste! I have the front fascia, just haven't done the rear yet.
Also have same wheels (CT-R brand)

What rear deck "cover" if you will is that? digging that!

And the tail light photochop really does make a difference, woulda never thought of that! like that as well.
Old 6/17/11, 01:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Now why did you have to go and post this!

/mumbling under my breath......$% 7$%^& another mod I need to add to the &$&*@$^ list!

We have similar taste! I have the front fascia, just haven't done the rear yet.
Also have same wheels (CT-R brand)

What rear deck "cover" if you will is that? digging that!

And the tail light photochop really does make a difference, woulda never thought of that! like that as well.
The rear deck cover meaning the black area & license plate? That is Saleen that goes along with the bumper to relocate the plate up there.. same used on Heritage, Gurney, & Parnelli packages.
Old 6/17/11, 03:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
The rear deck cover meaning the black area & license plate? That is Saleen that goes along with the bumper to relocate the plate up there.. same used on Heritage, Gurney, & Parnelli packages.
100% correct, assuming that was the question.
Old 6/18/11, 07:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
TY

Thought so, but he had that installed in that pic before the bumper, threw me off
Old 6/18/11, 07:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stoenr
TY

Thought so, but he had that installed in that pic before the bumper, threw me off
Not in this thread (That's the SHR panel in the "before") There are other pics floating around while the car was in transition (did the new trunk panel/plate first, because it's sort of hard to transport the car minus a license plate
Old 6/18/11, 08:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Not in this thread (That's the SHR panel in the "before") There are other pics floating around while the car was in transition (did the new trunk panel/plate first, because it's sort of hard to transport the car minus a license plate
Lol, wow, ok, I am going back to bed, too much to drink!
Old 6/18/11, 11:18 AM
GT Member

That's one of the cleanest looking rears on a 'stang I've ever seen. The before wasn't too bad, but the after is just plain sano. Did you paint the tail light divisions and surrounds yourself? If so, what kind of paint did you use, and is it holding up? How long have they been painted?
Old 6/18/11, 11:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ghost
That's one of the cleanest looking rears on a 'stang I've ever seen. The before wasn't too bad, but the after is just plain sano. Did you paint the tail light divisions and surrounds yourself? If so, what kind of paint did you use, and is it holding up? How long have they been painted?
Thanks

THe tailights have AVS brand covers, which come in a translucent smoked color. Yes, I painted them myself. Washed them, scuffed them with a scotchbrite pad, and painted them with VHT Trim Black (in a rattle can). Been on the car for several years, and the paint still looks as good as the day it was done (love VHT products, every one I've used has worked as advertised)
Old 6/18/11, 12:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Your car is beautiful, great job!!!
Old 6/18/11, 04:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jacostang
Your car is beautiful, great job!!!
Thank you
Old 8/16/11, 09:32 AM

Nice Love that look, and installed one on my 07 about 3 weeks ago. Give the car a much cleaner look than with plate in bumper.

Old 9/13/11, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ford4v429
if you get a chance, maybe put up a before/after pic- moving the plate out of the bumper makes a dramatic change to the rearend- looks great.

i still wish someone made lenses without backups- still seriously thinking about getting some broke junkyard lenses and milling out a outer reflector part/milling out my backups/inserting the red piece and getting three similar lenses like a 69... think it would be a cool option to have available for any rearend treatment...

edit- i took the liberty of editing your pic- what do you think? couldnt that be a pretty easy option if someone just popped out these lenses? i did a little chop on mine a long time ago, still would like to try it for real sometine...saw a olds aurora with little almost unnoticable backups right beside the plate, thinking something like that could work for backups...just a thought, curious how others would feel about it...
vht makes a red nightshades tint that i was thinking about trying out. the only problem would be the legal issues from not having clear reverse lights.
Old 9/17/11, 08:39 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Stockfoursix
vht makes a red nightshades tint that i was thinking about trying out. the only problem would be the legal issues from not having clear reverse lights.
street rodders sometimes use lighted license plate bolts, or license plate frames with rows of LEDs- found some on ebay a while back...

I think tint would look funny as theres no 'reflector' prismatic look to the backups...just to 'try it', the cheap red reflective tape would give a pretty good idea of what it would look like.
Old 9/30/11, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
quad tips=bad ***! I like the blacked out lights on the red car. Really "POPS". Nice car!

Quick Reply: Saleen Heritage Rear Bumper Done