05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Saleen Heritage Rear Bumper Done

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/11, 02:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Saleen Heritage Rear Bumper Done

Got my car back from the paint shop Friday. Of course after a couple weeks waiting, my ankle gets injured Thurs and I really can't drive it or take it somewhere to get really nice pics.

Here's a couple for now, will post better shots later:

Old 5/29/11, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice, I like it !

Those exhaust are also nice, I think I prefer this to the Saleen oval ones.
Old 5/29/11, 08:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, I actually picked up both Saleen tip types to try. The Gurney style dual tips definitely look better to me.
Old 5/30/11, 02:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the it. But the Gt500 wing looks very plain compared to the roush wing you had on before. Still looks very awesome either way.
Old 5/30/11, 03:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Wades GT
I like the it. But the Gt500 wing looks very plain compared to the roush wing you had on before. Still looks very awesome either way.
Thanks. Yeah, the GT500 spoiler is a lot simpler, but I'm sort of liking the clean look to it at the moment. It may not end up as the final solution, but it'll do for now.
Old 5/30/11, 08:18 PM
Cobra Member

Oh wow that looks great!
Old 5/31/11, 05:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
That looks great ...
Old 5/31/11, 07:09 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Wow, well done.
Old 5/31/11, 07:32 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
if you get a chance, maybe put up a before/after pic- moving the plate out of the bumper makes a dramatic change to the rearend- looks great.

i still wish someone made lenses without backups- still seriously thinking about getting some broke junkyard lenses and milling out a outer reflector part/milling out my backups/inserting the red piece and getting three similar lenses like a 69... think it would be a cool option to have available for any rearend treatment...

edit- i took the liberty of editing your pic- what do you think? couldnt that be a pretty easy option if someone just popped out these lenses? i did a little chop on mine a long time ago, still would like to try it for real sometine...saw a olds aurora with little almost unnoticable backups right beside the plate, thinking something like that could work for backups...just a thought, curious how others would feel about it...

Attached Images  

Last edited by ford4v429; 5/31/11 at 07:49 AM.
Old 5/31/11, 10:09 AM
legacy Tms Member

ha! I just showed the above pics to my wife, asked her what she thought looked better, she picked the all red, but the white ones were ok too...'like ours'...um-no- she actually went out to look at her car she said she still dont want to change anything on her car, but still, i thought that was kinda funny.
Old 5/31/11, 11:00 AM
GT Member

wow, looks sick
Old 5/31/11, 02:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ford4v429
if you get a chance, maybe put up a before/after pic- moving the plate out of the bumper makes a dramatic change to the rearend- looks great.

i still wish someone made lenses without backups- still seriously thinking about getting some broke junkyard lenses and milling out a outer reflector part/milling out my backups/inserting the red piece and getting three similar lenses like a 69... think it would be a cool option to have available for any rearend treatment...

edit- i took the liberty of editing your pic- what do you think? couldnt that be a pretty easy option if someone just popped out these lenses? i did a little chop on mine a long time ago, still would like to try it for real sometine...saw a olds aurora with little almost unnoticable backups right beside the plate, thinking something like that could work for backups...just a thought, curious how others would feel about it...
I think you and I think much alike my friend. I've been considering doing exactly that for a long while. Maybe with the car pretty much out of ongoing project status, I'll give it a go

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 5/31/11 at 02:28 PM.
Old 5/31/11, 03:47 PM
Cobra Member

I vote that is way too much work, and will be difficult to get a seamless insert. I would start with a piece of red vinyl as a trial run, and then if you still really like it find a paint shop that will paint 'em. While you are at it, get a light tint done too to make them a deeper red, I also had the outlines of the lights painted black.
Factory

Tinted & outlined:

sun vs shade

Comparison of black outlines vs not (the lights dont have the swirls, just bad pics)
Old 5/31/11, 04:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice, but hey if you need it driven anywhere I'm only about an hour and 1/2 from the Boston area.
Old 5/31/11, 10:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
Nice, but hey if you need it driven anywhere I'm only about an hour and 1/2 from the Boston area.
Thanks for the offer, but I have the wheel time booked up for the next decade or so
Old 5/31/11, 10:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

I knew somebody had asked for this, but have been hunting for the post it was in for about 40 min...

Here you go (finally):

Original:

New:

Old 6/1/11, 06:22 AM
legacy Tms Member

WOW, huge difference, yet instantly recognizable as a mustang...I think THAT would have been a better choice for the 2010 model than what ford did
Old 6/1/11, 02:00 PM
Cobra Member

Meaner and cleaner, win!
Old 6/1/11, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know, with the major styling changes, it was always in the back of my head "it's not bad now, what if I screw it up"?

Seeing the side by side, I am sooooo happy I went through with the revision
Old 6/1/11, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
You should have kept the Roush wing in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Saleen Heritage Rear Bumper Done