05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Rolled Exhaust Tips (ordering)

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/06, 10:13 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rolled Exhaust Tips (ordering)

I know there are other threads on this but haven't found the answer yet. Can the rolled exhaust tips only be ordered with GT appearance package? And if so, can the hood scoop option be deleted? Didn't see where to do this on the 07 ordering guide. Just a mention about Dealer installed chrome tips. Thanks to anyone with info.
Old 8/14/06, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

You can buy the tips seperately after the fact, they are very easy to put on. I have them on my '05 and they really finish the look of the stock exhaust nicely.
Old 8/14/06, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I did not order the GT Appearance Package but I did order the tips when I placed my car order. They are on the window sticker but added at the dealership after the car arrives. They are clamp-on style. You can order them after the fact and install yourself also.

If you order the GT Appearance Package they are welded on at the factory.

Bob
Old 8/14/06, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BeBeep
I did not order the GT Appearance Package but I did order the tips when I placed my car order. They are on the window sticker but added at the dealership after the car arrives. They are clamp-on style. You can order them after the fact and install yourself also.

If you order the GT Appearance Package they are welded on at the factory.

Bob
That's exactly what I did. I ordered them with the car, and when you do it that way, they aren't welded on. This year (2007) they also did not weld the clamp to the tip, so you can postion the clamp where it can't be seen, unlike the 05-06 tips. I didn't like the fake hood scoop on the GT appeance package (had it been functional then I would have got it), so I just ordered the tips, then bought the engine cover seperately.
Old 8/14/06, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
That's exactly what I did. I ordered them with the car, and when you do it that way, they aren't welded on. This year (2007) they also did not weld the clamp to the tip, so you can postion the clamp where it can't be seen, unlike the 05-06 tips.
+3 on that. I did the same thing. I did not like the hood scoop in the GT appearance package, so I ordered the tips with the vehicle (and they are on the window sticker), and also added the Ford engine cover seperately.

If the [tip] clamps are positioned correctly, the weld v. clamp difference doesn't matter.

When I ordered the vehicle, I was told that the hood scoop could not be deleted from the GT appearance package.
Old 8/14/06, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Why the Ford exhaust tips? Take a look at some of the aftermarket ones...Magnaflow, MRT, etc... They look much better, are usually larger (3.5"-4" dia), and probably cost less.