05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

RKSport GT-R Ram Air Hood

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/07, 04:12 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RKSport GT-R Ram Air Hood

I'd like to find out some information on the RKSport GT-R Ram Air Hood before ordering. Has anyone had this hood installed and did you have any problems with it? How much did you end up paying to install?

I've read several posts on this website saying there are quality issues with the hood and it requires extra prep. I was wondering if the manufacturer has made improvements since the initial design. I think this is my first choice overall, and I've waited two years to see a better hood come out. I like the fact its functional, the scoop is not too big like the cervini functional scoop, or too small like the shaker, or nonfunctional roush scoop. I sorta like the boss scoop, but I think I would prefer the Cali Dream hood 2nd.

If anyone can provide their advice, experience, or opinion on the Ram Air Hood and any other similiar hoods that I may of overlooked.
Attached Thumbnails RKSport GT-R Ram Air Hood-gt-r-ram-hood.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 1/3/07, 05:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I've got the hood and I like it. I got one of the first ones they released and mine was in pretty good shape , I know some other guy's had some issues. I took mine to a corvette shop since it is fiberglass to have it painted. They seem to think it was pretty good quality and prepped it just like they would any other fiberglass part and the finish turned out good. They couldn't get all four corners to line up , so I had them get the front ones flush and leave the rear ones a little off. I've had the hood on for close to 2 years now and I don't even notice it anymore. I have the Steeda CAI and the outlet for the ram air sets on top of it perfectly ...