05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Is it really a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/06, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im 16, i drive a v6 mustang, i wanted a GT but money could not allow it (35k over here when i got mine) and i have always wanted that look, im still in the process of trying to save for bumpers off a GT, im not ashamed of my car, i love it, its got enough power for a teenager, and it still gets respect at school, except for the tards who go thats a kitty car, even though they drive like 89 volvo's, and most of em that say that dont even drive yet, so its quite funny. I am lookin for a nice v6 badge cuz im not trying to cover up that mines a v6, i just want the new bumper and the fogs, so i can move on with the rest of my mods which pretty much need the GT look to work.
Old 1/28/06, 08:33 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by jvm051@January 18, 2006, 4:43 PM
Ok, since this topic has been discussed before with people just getting angry, let us all laugh at something I saw today. I had a 00-04 V6 mustang in front of me, with the 5.7 Hemi Magnum emblem off the Ram truck today. I tried taking a pic with my camera phone, but could not get close enough. That is some funny pooe
sacrilege or spoof...you never know, but to each his own. never know- maybe it had a hemi underhood...I had a 81 dodge d150 with 396 crossed flags right below the side 'ram' emblems...and a rather large chunk of bowtie iron under the hood...that was in '82/83, and I caught a lot of flak from mopar and chevy guys...but I drove that thing everyday for over 10 years, and it was a great truck motor. A few folks wouldnt believe it though and you'd have to pop the hood or makes some noise...

If a 4 cylinder 1980 mustang says boss429 on the side, whatever...anyone that knows enough to care, knows better anyway...different strokes for different folks. theres those that cry sacrilege if 'non factory' paint/wheels/hose clamps/air in the tires are added, 20 years from now they'll be looking for 'original air' if they can find it, then theres those that add blowers, then theres those that add stickers...whatever trips your trigger, more power to you. I'm a deep dished wheel type myself, yet to those that like the flat faced look common today, I probably have lousy taste in wheels...make it how you want it, do whatever your time/budget/ability ratio allows and be glad you were born in a country that allows it.

but I do have a prejudice against chrome/clear taillamps, mufflers bigger than cylinder bores, and asymmetric(or just sloppy outright crooked) stripes on anything on wheels...so i'm a hypocrite too I guess.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so ugly must be also...
Old 1/28/06, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUOTE(jvm051 @ January 18, 2006, 4:43 PM)

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so ugly must be also...

Oh, that's so true.