05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Ready to Order b9 hood... but quick question

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/07, 07:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Ready to Order b9 hood... but quick question

My wife gave me the O.K. to buy the b9 hood from cervini. I already have the stainless steel hood pins for it. I'm thinking of doing the scoop matte black along with the spoiler and the rest of the hood body color. I know the boss 70's did it that way and the '69's kept the scoop body color, but I think it will look good either way.

Question: I've never bought anything that required freight shipping before. They say payment for shipping is due on delivery, but what if you aren't home when they come?
Old 8/30/07, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Wow... not a single person has any idea? I would imagine an extra charge if you aren't home, just want to know if it's happened to anybody else.

I'll post pics after install when it does come!
Old 8/30/07, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Zip34
My wife gave me the O.K. to buy the b9 hood from cervini. I already have the stainless steel hood pins for it. I'm thinking of doing the scoop matte black along with the spoiler and the rest of the hood body color. I know the boss 70's did it that way and the '69's kept the scoop body color, but I think it will look good either way.

Question: I've never bought anything that required freight shipping before. They say payment for shipping is due on delivery, but what if you aren't home when they come?
Find out from the shipper who the freight company is and give them a call after the hood is shipped. Be sure to get the shipping # from the person you buy it from. Then ask the freight company if you can give the driver a check or send them a check for shipping. If you can have it shipped to a business address it will save you some extra money. Shipping to a residential address usually costs about 25% more if they can get to your house. Most hoods are shipped with a common carrier which means it comes on an 18 wheeler.
Old 8/31/07, 08:55 AM

You can call the common carrier and give them a credit card number. That the way I did it.
Old 8/31/07, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I had my hood shipped directly to the body shop , it cost less than when they deliver it to your home ...