05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Raxiom Retro Style Headlights - Pre-Painted (05-09 GT, V6)

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/12, 09:56 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone gets these in black and installs them on a car painted any color except black... Please post a pic. I'd love to get these in black for my Satin Silver but I want to see what they look like first.
Old 2/6/12, 10:07 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by yeeharacing
If anyone gets these in black and installs them on a car painted any color except black... Please post a pic. I'd love to get these in black for my Satin Silver but I want to see what they look like first.
Me to!
Old 2/6/12, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT

Yep , those are the ones , I think we talked about them before ... I've already got a set of these , just couldn't resist , and I plan on installing them this weekend , that is if it's not a rain out here ...
Jealous ... enjoy man post some pics when you get a chance
Old 2/8/12, 10:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Maaaaaaaaaan.... I want
Old 2/10/12, 07:25 AM
Cobra Member

I just pulled the trigger on a set for my Alloy, so feedback to follow once they arrive.

Now the wait begins!
Old 2/11/12, 12:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doogie
I just pulled the trigger on a set for my Alloy, so feedback to follow once they arrive.

Now the wait begins!
Sweet that will give me a good idea how it will look on my Satin Silver 05.
Old 2/11/12, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

That was quick as shipped yesterday afternoon and is scheduled for delivery on Wed.
Old 2/13/12, 06:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I got mine installed this past weekend , in the rain , and here's a couple of pictures right after the install. The quality and fit of the buckets is great , the lines flow well with the panel gaps and the design was well though out. However the quality of the paint job is not so great , on both buckets the black plastic bleeds through the paint in several places due to the fact that there wasn't good paint coverage. This probalby wouldn't be as noticable on some colors , but on screeming yellow it sure is. It's not bad enough that I'm going to return them , but as I said I'm not pleased with it. Other than that , I love these things ...
Attached Thumbnails Raxiom Retro Style Headlights - Pre-Painted (05-09 GT, V6)-p1010002.jpg   Raxiom Retro Style Headlights - Pre-Painted (05-09 GT, V6)-p1010005.jpg  

Last edited by 05YellowGT; 2/13/12 at 06:03 AM.
Old 2/13/12, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got mine installed this past weekend , in the rain , and here's a couple of pictures right after the install. The quality and fit of the buckets is great , the lines flow well with the panel gaps and the design was well though out. However the quality of the paint job is not so great , on both buckets the black plastic bleeds through the paint in several places due to the fact that there wasn't good paint coverage. This probalby wouldn't be as noticable on some colors , but on screeming yellow it sure is. It's not bad enough that I'm going to return them , but as I said I'm not pleased with it. Other than that , I love these things ...
They look awesome! That's too bad about the paint. For that price they should be perfect. But I'm sure the install took some time so I don't blame you on not returning them.
Old 2/13/12, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
This is why American Muscle needs to sell them unpainted.
Old 2/13/12, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

They look great man... lol now I want them even more.. I wonder how they would look with a cervinis b9.... sucks that they bleed .. because of my color too that will suck if that's the case.. it could be because they had to rush the paint job to accommodate all the orders they expected ...
Old 2/14/12, 05:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The paint problem is due to poor craftsman ship and poor QC since it's clearly visible and wasn't caught. The vents should have been sprayed first with an air brush to insure good coverage inside , but they weren't and so there is noticeable bleed through. The other bleed through is on the upper surface of the passenger side bucket and on the bottom surface of the driver side. I assume the two buckets were place side by side and the two surfaces were sprayed at the same time from above , at a shallow angle to each of the surfaces so there wasn't good coverage. If you have a dark color this probably wouldn't be very noticeable , but for any light color it will show.

Last edited by 05YellowGT; 2/14/12 at 05:44 AM.
Old 2/14/12, 06:14 PM

Now the next big question. How will they work with my HID bulbs? I swapped my bulbs out for some HIDs from Retro Solutions but my stock lenses look like crapola all chipped up and crazed.
Old 2/15/12, 05:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

It says they can't be used with OEM HID's , but I see no reason why the aftermarket HID kits wouldn't work since they're made to replace the OEM bulb ...
Old 2/15/12, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd check with AM or Raxiom before putting HIDs in there. If they put out more heat than regular bulbs, the smaller enclosure may not be able to dissipate that heat without burning out the bulb or melting something.
Old 2/15/12, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

UPS just dropped mine off and I had a couple minutes to inspect them. I really like the design and think they will look great on the car. As with Steve's comments about the paint, it is hard to tell with this color if there are coverage issues. But there are a few small defects that look to be minor fisheyes... but quite honestly with the color and the location, not sure it will be that noticable. I do plan to complete a more thorough inspection outside as I am not going to just "settle" given their cost.

Unfortunately I will not have the time for the install until next weekend. But once they go on, I will pull the car out and snap a few pics. So for now, here's a few shots.

Old 2/22/12, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Awesome pics. Thanks for posting.
Old 2/26/12, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Installed mine yesterday, but my cheap camera did not like the position of the sun as the pics are very washed out. I am very happy with the fitment and how they look as another retro touch to my car.

Last edited by Doogie; 2/26/12 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2/26/12, 04:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks GREAT !!!!
Old 2/26/12, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Doogie
Installed mine yesterday, but my cheap camera did not like the position of the sun as the pics are very washed out. I am very happy with the fitment and how they look as another retro touch to my car.
Nice!! Looks really good!!

Quick Reply: Raxiom Retro Style Headlights - Pre-Painted (05-09 GT, V6)