05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Question for Saleen HID owners....

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/06, 11:26 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Saleen HID owners....

Hey everybody. I recently installed a set of Saleen HID's and have noticed a couple of issues. I want to know if anybody else who has these installed has the same issues.

1st problem has to do with the passenger side. While the lights are on, it seems to shake a little bit when hittting bumps or simply shutting the door. It is annoying. I had someone shut the door while observing and noticed that it is not the housing or the bulb itself. Rather, it is the little motorized shield that sits over the bulb that is the cause. I think the little cover is the thing that moves to change from high to low beams. If I turn the high beams on the shake in the light is gone.

2nd problem is that the housings seem to be allowing quite a bit of dust inside the housings. I have only had them installed for about 4 days and there is what seems like alot of dust inside the housing already. I checked the back rubber boots and they are sealed very well. I took a look at hte original housings and there is NO dust in them at all.

I am asking these questions to determine if this is just normal stuff I should expect or should I request a new set? As those who have installed these things you know its quite a bit of work to put them in.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5/13/06, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
I have had the Saleen HIDs now since August of last year, and I do not have ANY of the problems you are describing.

Problem #1:
As a matter of fact, I just went out to my 'Stang and turned on the headlights and slammed the door a couple of times to see if I encountered any of the "shaking" you described. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

Problem #2:

I went out and took the pic I attached to this post right now. You can see that I have bug-crap and some minor pitting to the exterior surface of the light but none on the interior. I live in a dusty area that is constantly under construction.

If I were you I'd RMA those lights and get another set. Bummer to do that, because installing them is a PITA. But for the money you dropped on the lights you deserve 100% functionality.

Good luck!
Attached Images