05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Pics of my "new" CDC chin spoiler (ugh)

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/07, 10:09 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of my "new" CDC chin spoiler (ugh)

Got my chin spoiler from AmericanMuscle.com. To say the least.....I pis_ed as hell right now! Now I have to send it back to them and wait a few more days for the new one!
They were nice on the phone(although they thought the spoiler came 'raw' and caramel colored-ready for painting.) I informed them that it should be black.
I'm giving them a chance to 'make this right'(i.e. money for my inconvenience)..if so I'll get over my disappointment.

Old 1/8/07, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Man that sucks, I seem to rember a thread like this before... I believe someone else had similar trouble with a cdc chin spoiler. Hope it gets resolved quickly! I've had pretty good dealings with American Muscle (Mustang Tunning) so I think they will set things right. Btw my wife just went out to run earrands and is shipping your package out
Old 1/8/07, 10:18 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Deja Vu!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=56023
Old 1/8/07, 10:23 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Shaun.
The spoiler in the thread Brad mentioned came in a damaged box at least. My box was in pristine condition...so that means someone deliberately packaged this POS!
Old 1/8/07, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Isn't that how the "unpainted" spoiler is SUPPOSED to look?

Did you order the unfinished one?

Even if the vendor made a mistake I can only see their responsibility in getting you a new one at no cost to you, but not "money for your inconvenience."
Old 1/8/07, 11:46 AM
V6 Member

Paying for a customer's 'inconvenience' is just good business sense. I work in retail....and something as small as giving a customer a $50 gift card goes a long way.
UPDATE:
I just negotiated a $50 credit from AmericanMuscle(I'm now keeping the orig spoiler). A painter friend of mine is going to prep,paint, and clear the spoiler for $75!!!
I probably would have ended up painting it anyway...so it's only be a net cost of $25 to get it painted.

Had AmericanMuscle not been so cordial about the whole ordeal, I would've NEVER ordered from them again.Period. Now, they will be the FIRST place I look to when I need something else.
Old 1/8/07, 12:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06, I too ordered my CDC Classic Chin from Mustang Tuning/American Muscle. It was the unfinished verision that needed to be painted. Mine looked IDENTICAL to yours, and I still sent it to my paint shop. There was a fellow on here who called CDC and they said that they changed the color of the mold (from caramel to black), and that they sand spots for easier prep at the paint shop. There really wasn't anything wrong with the spoiler you got, as thats how they look now, just to let you know.
Old 1/8/07, 12:53 PM
GT Member

That's exactly what mine looked like when I got it in. I took it down to the painter and they were glad to see it was already prepped, well, they said just a little more needed to be done, but it was supposed to be like that.

They fitted it on the car before painting just to check it and they said that was the best fitting piece pre-prepped that they have seen.
Old 1/8/07, 01:27 PM
GT Member

By the way, I just got to looking and the only one that AmericanMuscle sells is the preprepped non-painted one that you got, it doesn't appear that they stock the prepainted textured black one. The black one that you wanted has to be ordered through CDC, or someone else that sells that one. Check out the link below. Look at the price of the 2, the first one is the same price as the one that you got from AM, so I bet it's the same piece, but the person that you talked to didn't know that. Also, did you call AM and ask them if it was prepainted textured black, like the one from CDC?

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...splay/643.html

Did you call CDC and ask them about it since it was probably drop-shipped from CDC? They probably could have informed you. Sorry you got so ****ed over something so trivial, but if I order a part and it's the wrong one, I'd call the company and explain, if they offer to pay to have everything replaced fairly quickly (shipping to and from), I think that's great business. If it were me, I'd have laughed at you for asking for compensation, but that's probably why I'm not in retail.
Old 1/8/07, 02:18 PM
V6 Member

The problem with their website is that from the pics and description....it gives no indication that the part is unfinished.
Old 1/8/07, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually drove to the American Muscle warehouse and picked my unpainted CDC chin spoiler up. It looked exactly like your pics, I spoke to the owner there and he told me that is how they all look now. He seemed like a real nice guy and told me to bring it back if their were any problems.
Old 1/10/07, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the unpainted CDC chin spoiler from American Muscle that came in black with gray sanded areas all over it and sent it back for another one and got the same thing. Then I called CDC and talked to them and found out that that is how the come now. CDC changed their manufacturing process recently. So, I wouldn't worry. Take it to your paint and body person and see what they say. Mine didn't have any issues with it.

Thanks.
Old 1/10/07, 08:46 PM
V6 Member

I just checked their site...still no disclaimer that the part is unfinished.
Old 1/10/07, 09:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They used to come as kind of a carmel colored piece. As explained by the other members this is how they come now. I would say you scored a good deal with the $50 credit they gave you.
Old 1/10/07, 10:29 PM
V6 Member

I'm definitely happy with the credit. Spoiler will be finished in a couple days.