05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Opinions are like...

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/06, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TombStone
scramblr,

I just got back from Recaro Tuning. If you are feeling all Fast and Furious, you can always give these a try.

If not, you could always go Crocodile Dundy on us.

Dude I am so getting a set of those for my car AWESOME

NOT.
Old 7/15/06, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dude....You have lost your mind!!!!

Old 7/15/06, 03:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by scramblr
Dude....You have lost your mind!!!!

It was all the Radlers that made me do it. I swear!
Old 7/15/06, 09:58 PM
V6 Member

I love mine, need to get some pictures, maybe in the morning I'll drive down to the beach.... They kind of make me think of "modernized" mach 1 wheels, but that's just my perception.
I'll definitely get some pictures up tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Opinions are like...-img_0621.jpg   Opinions are like...-img_0641.jpg   Opinions are like...-img_0644-copy.jpg  
Old 7/18/06, 07:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Nice pics Terrorbl... I went ahead and ordered mine along with Nitto 555s. Should have them in about a week!!!
Old 7/18/06, 10:35 PM
V6 Member

Thanks,
Was getting that "growl/vibration" from the rear end passing up or down through 60 mph. Took them back and had them re-balance them. Vibration is gone.
Old 7/18/06, 11:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Terrorbl T
Thanks,
Was getting that "growl/vibration" from the rear end passing up or down through 60 mph. Took them back and had them re-balance them. Vibration is gone.
Who originally mounted/balanced them? Just wondering if I could get the same thing. I ordered through Discount Tire.
Old 7/19/06, 06:17 PM
V6 Member

Discount Tire. Lifetime balancing - The rep said it was possible the tires rotated a little. I've slipped the clutch a little a couple of times which would've explained the rear, but the front...... I had some wiggle in the steering wheel right around 60 and the rear end would hum accelerating/decelerating around 65 but was alright cruising.
They were REALLY Good about it, jumped right on it and got it in and out AND said to bring it back if if I wasn't satisfied.

T
Old 7/20/06, 12:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I won't send mine back for balancing since I'm in Germany. :-) You should make sure they took the factory washers/spacers off the studs. That's been known to cause vibrations in the front with aftermarket wheels. Hopefully mine will be alright, otherwise I'll have to pay for balancing over here. We'll see...Can't wait till they get here!!!
Old 7/20/06, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

Was up on the lift getting my Tri Ax installed and what do you know. They went and marked all the tires and rims with a little white paint. The drivers side rear tire had already moved an inch.... the rest still lined up. I didn't think to check whether it was clockwise or counter. I hit the brakes hard one day this week and got on it once too.?
Old 7/20/06, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I prefer the Konig "Sideways" because I am not very trendy. I have the 18" Polish Aluminum Bullitts on a Perf. White car and I have not seen many wheels that look better on white. With the RED, I like 20" Chrome wheels, but the wheels definitely have to tie in with whatever else you plan on doing. Keep in mind weight of the wheels and tires you select and how the diameter will affect your final drive ratio. Also with the stagered rim width, plan on not rotating tires and having one hell of a time with a flat situation.
Old 7/20/06, 11:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I was actually lookin at the "Sideways" also, but they only come in black and I don't like the screws/bolts running down the circumferance of the wheel. I'm getting a titanium tint which is kind of a light graphite and will match the Beyonds perfectly. I read the wheels weigh about 20lbs, which is actually lighter than most aftermarket wheels at comparable cost. And I hear you on the rotation, however, they're only going to be used from Mar - Oct and then the Fanblades become my winter wheels. And knowing me that's about as long as they're going to last anyway, so I'll just buy new ones over the winter for the following summer.

Also, not sure what you mean about a flat situation. Even on the stock 18s, you get a flat, that Donut is only good enough to get you a short distance. My diameter isn't changing, even with the stagered set up, so I shouldn't have a problem going a short distance safely...unless I'm missing something.

By the way, I love that picture of your car in front of the Art Museum. Looks really cool....
Old 7/22/06, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

So your choice on the wheels is perfect with your anticipated mods (plus I didn't know the Sideways were Black only). As for the flat situation, I just meant that finding a tire somewhere out there to replace the donut is usually an "order only" type affair. You may have better stocking vendors in your area, but out here, we're pretty much screwed if we ask for "one of dem deer special order deals".

Thanks for the compliment on the art museum shot.
Old 7/22/06, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL...I'm stationed in Germany, so even replacing a stock tire is an order only type affair which I have to pay for shipping...no free UPS here. Dealers here don't even carry stock sizes, they order everything from the states. So either way, ya know...
Old 7/23/06, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Gisarm
Am I the only person who wishes wheels would get smaller and tires would have more sidewall? To me low profile tires look like rice.
Yep. It's just you. Small wheels are, as the kids would say, so last century.