05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/06, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Cool, I didn't have my car parked inside either, only at the window tint guy to have my windshield done (Vista Blue GT)
Old 9/30/06, 03:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTRacereX could you put a few links for the parts you bought,I'm looking for the lower part of the rear bumper or is it all one piece? I'm talking about the
gray or blackpart just over the tailpipes
Old 9/30/06, 05:49 AM
Bullitt Member

CONTGRATS GT!!!

Theres nothing like it!!! The next 9 months of anticipation will be as fun (and stressfull ) as this conversion process! Good Luck Man!!
I was going to say the same thing when i read your post! Be Carefull...... in a few months your wife will be eyeball'in that Shelby and saying..... " hummm how about we trade this in for a minivan!!!"
...... But seriously, contgrats, and good luck! Yeah, GT..... shop around for your paint, my painter only charged me an additional $300 to stripe the car, over the $1200 original quote..... The parts were baked and all...... He did an awesome job! My bumper cover arrives Monday or Tuesday(rear) and the car will go in for the roor and rear cover.......
Old 9/30/06, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT500E
GTRacereX could you put a few links for the parts you bought,I'm looking for the lower part of the rear bumper or is it all one piece? I'm talking about the
gray or blackpart just over the tailpipes

It's all one piece..... contact 05 stangkc here on the forums.... K/C will take care of you...... However you will need to get the bumper cover painted.
Old 9/30/06, 07:06 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
Another Weekend of Shipping Shelby parts for me. I have Five Kits I need to process among other orders! Two will end up in Germany! I am Selling to a Company that will put it in a Sea train! My Parts are Really Going Places! LOL! Racer x I will ck for a Tracking on the Rear Bumper when I get to work!

KC
Old 9/30/06, 08:50 AM
The Analog Admin!

BTW My Monthly Price Update from Ford is Coming up! Lets Hope they do not get Silly with any of the Shelby Parts! Stay Tuned!

kc
Old 9/30/06, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Shelbywanabe.. LOL love the name , thanks for the info
Old 9/30/06, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Another Weekend of Shipping Shelby parts for me. I have Five Kits I need to process among other orders! Two will end up in Germany! I am Selling to a Company that will put it in a Sea train! My Parts are Really Going Places! LOL! Racer x I will ck for a Tracking on the Rear Bumper when I get to work!

KC

Thanks I really appreciate all you have done for me. I'll refer all the SFLA mustang owners down here to you when they want to do the conversion.
Old 10/1/06, 09:24 AM
The Analog Admin!

Time to Shop for a Cool Baby Seat with a Full harness! Ya that's the Ticket Cool Baby Seats for Cool Cars! Sounds like a good Topic! Stylish Functional and Safe!

KC
Old 10/2/06, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs up Rear Bumper arrived today !!!!

FedEx just dropped it off at my door step early this morning.
Which is great news - now for the bad. Seems like its damaged.
straps look like they are ready to break off, and the mid section is warpped.

Have to talk to Kevin about it tomorrow.

Now just need the hood & scoops and shelby conversion is on its way !!!
Attached Thumbnails Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-middle-strap-warpped-01.jpg   Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-middle-strap-warpped-02.jpg   Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-middle-starp-warpped-03.jpg   Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-middle-strap-warpped-04.jpg   Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-strap-01.jpg  

Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-strap-02.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 10/2/06, 06:20 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
That's normal. Take a look at your stock rear bumper. The tabs are the same way.
Although I'm not too sure about those warps where the tabs are located.
Old 10/2/06, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Gt, as i had in my PM..... I talked w Kevin today about mine.... i took a heat gun to mine and i had warps(not as bad as you have pictured) but i warmed it up in those areas flexed it back gently and layed it out flat on my workbench and it's reshaped nicely, i'm not as concerned now..... try that. Yeah the tabs are normal, you'll see after you remove your stock bumper there's nothing to worry about there.
Old 10/2/06, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs up Makes Sense ....

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
I don't have a heat gun - so I'll probably have to pick one up - I talk to
KC tomorrow to confirm thats ok to do in this case before hand.

I would like to see your pictures once you post them on your rear bumper install. Looking really sharp so far - has me anxious to get mine done already.
Unfortunately I'll have to wait for my next commision run in order to get it
painted. Plus I still have to buy the hood and the two scoops. Besides I can't very well load up the mastercard with a kid on the way.
Old 10/2/06, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try to set it out in the sun for a day, heck you are in Miami, you should have no issues with that.

Enjoy Tower SHops man!!! I miss the heck out of that place
Old 10/3/06, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTRacerX
Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
I don't have a heat gun - so I'll probably have to pick one up - I talk to
KC tomorrow to confirm thats ok to do in this case before hand.

I would like to see your pictures once you post them on your rear bumper install. Looking really sharp so far - has me anxious to get mine done already.
Unfortunately I'll have to wait for my next commision run in order to get it
painted. Plus I still have to buy the hood and the two scoops. Besides I can't very well load up the mastercard with a kid on the way.
Heck, a blowdryer will work just as good, i did not really blast at it, with the heat gun, held it at a good distance to just warm it up, and kind of perswade (SP?) it back into place.... worked well! Jess's idea was good too, throw it out in the sun!
Old 10/3/06, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Angry Found some additional defects ... Is this normal?

Man I am bummed.
Can anyone help me on this - will the body shop be able to correct this?
Two dings at either end and the center section - like FedEx picked it up by there
and somehow managed to ding both ends. Now I regret getting this piece !!!
Has anyone out there suffered the same fate with their rear bumper?
Attached Thumbnails Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-cimg0850.jpg   Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-cimg0852.jpg   Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!-cimg0853.jpg  
Old 10/4/06, 06:33 AM
The Analog Admin!

These Bumpers are very flexible. Let some Heat do the trick as the Members suggest. If it was hard it would rip when minor impacts or bumping into something occurs. It is Soft for a reason. It just needs a little heat.

KC
Old 10/4/06, 06:51 AM
The Analog Admin!

Picture Gallery with PicTiger
FYI The Center Bracket on the Shelby/GT-CS Bumper attaches in a Different Spot than the GT Bumper. A hole {MAY} need to be Drilled after Install it is easily Accessible.
Old 10/4/06, 06:52 AM
Bullitt Member

GT.... took the car and the bumper cover over for paint yesterday.... he said it would be no problem at all to repair the slight damage areas... i would not sweat it. I know why you are, because i just felt the exact same way, but after setting it out overnight and heating it.... it looks fine, not perfect, but fine. The ding in mine, the painter said he would fix and you will never notice.
Old 10/4/06, 06:54 AM
The Analog Admin!

Picture Host - PicTiger

Here Both Bracket Attachment Points are Shown. The Sides Should Not need any Changing. I realize the Center Bracket looks odd because it is positioned differently than the Original GT Bumper but it is Normal.

Quick Reply: Next Shelby GT500 Conversion Coming Soon !!!